• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to Increase CIBIL to 800+

Parveshgarg

TF Select
Hey currently my CIBIL is 789 with one secure and one unsecure credit card.
I have 100% on time payment record and credit history of 4 year+ and I always keep my utilization below 30%

So how can I increase my CIBIL to 800+, please suggest your Ideas.

Sajid

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I have 100% on time payment record and credit history of 4 year+ and I always keep my utilization below 30%

Adding home loan makes your cibil score to reach 800 for surely. Try the same in Cibil simulator 😂

SarthakModak

TF Buzz

The truth is to cross the margin of 800 CIBIL score it will take a lot of time.My father's CIBIL score is 812 and his oldest credit history is ~13 years.

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I think 750+ is a great Cibil. People like me struggle to even reach 750+.

I think you need an auto/home loan for achieving 800+. Only CCs might not help.
You are 100% right.
Even I didn't cross 800 till now although I have an outstanding Credit History for last 12 Years.

2 things we need to do:-

1. 95% Credit Cards are unsecured loans but we do need to take Secured Loans which has a lower impact but does help to lift the score to 800+(Home Loan & Car Loan)
2. The loan needs to be repayed over a longer period of time, i.e. 5-10 Years in case of Home Loan

N:B:- NEVER EVER TAKE ANY LOAN TO INCREASE YOUR CIBIL UNLESS IT IS ABSOLUTELY NEEDED.

Last edited:

Gk123

TF Buzz
I am thinking about taking a overdraft facility against FD which can be availed in 5 minutes from net-banking which has only 1% interest rate only if we withdraw from OD.
Is it good method to get a secured loan and will it create +ve impact on my CIBIL?????
I used fd/od for more than a year.in my experience it not boost your credit score rapidly if you have 700+score please don't take fd od.if you don't need.always debt free...🥰 low your credit card utilization make it 0.75 👍.it increases your score 29 30 points in 2/3month.

PKR1

TF Neo

Having 800+ CIBIL is not a big thing, you should first think y u want that when u can fetch most of the offers even if ur cibil is 790+ , only in few cases having 800+ can give u some additional offers like negotiating home loans or getting special home/car loan offers if ur at 800+.
Anyways if u want to be in 800+ league, then u should first focus on increasing ur credit limit to as high as possible and stop applying for any new credit cards(loan is fine), keep ur utilization as low as possible like within 5-10% or even lower is fine and keep making payments on time, wait for a few months/years and it'll cross 800 just on basis of ur credit card history.

dav33

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Which bank it was and how the DPD was corrected? Was it an error incorrectly reported by bank or genuine DPD?

Please share more details for our awareness and knowledge 🙏.
It was hdfc bank. There were some charges applied by bank on inactive ltf card which i did not notice and kept piling up. Contacted customer care and did multiple follow up for correction.

prc1990

TF Ace
It was hdfc bank. There were some charges applied by bank on inactive ltf card which i did not notice and kept piling up. Contacted customer care and did multiple follow up for correction.
Being a private sector bank, it was atleast corrected. With PSB, not sure if this can be corrected during our entire life span 🙂.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
My experian is 803 without any loan.... It was all paylater but closed... Currently only lazy pay.... One card lite and bob card..... But problem is experian is not given preference in giving cc... Cibil is majorly considered... And I am currently stuck at 745...