• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to Increase CIBIL to 800+

Parveshgarg

TF Select
Hey currently my CIBIL is 789 with one secure and one unsecure credit card.
I have 100% on time payment record and credit history of 4 year+ and I always keep my utilization below 30%

So how can I increase my CIBIL to 800+, please suggest your Ideas.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
So my score of cibil dipped this month from 745 to 744......no new enquiry and also 3 active accounts with one bnpl and 2 credit cards..... Credit card utilisation was around 22%...but still points dropped...... My bob caard is also also reporting total payments done to the card in cibil.... I paid around 57000 before bill generation in limit of 34000....does it lead to points drop....?? Is dont know why are they reporting the total payments done....

thunderbolt

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So my score of cibil dipped this month from 745 to 744......no new enquiry and also 3 active accounts with one bnpl and 2 credit cards..... Credit card utilisation was around 22%...but still points dropped...... My bob caard is also also reporting total payments done to the card in cibil.... I paid around 57000 before bill generation in limit of 34000....does it lead to points drop....?? Is dont know why are they reporting the total payments done....
BOB reports to CIBIL during month-end. Make sure during the month-end also your utilization is under 30%.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
BOB reports to CIBIL during month-end. Make sure during the month-end also your utilization is under 30%.
I know that.... But they are also reporting total payments made to the card per month.... I. E total amount paid before bill generation.....

Credit Karma

TF Premier
@dav33
Will you please share your credit card portfolio?

As I can see you have 9 active and 4 closed accounts.

I also have a late payment wrongly reported on one of my account. I'm working with banks and bureau to remove this. Hopefully they remove it in this month itself. So that my score may do see 780+.

dav33

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@dav33
Will you please share your credit card portfolio?

As I can see you have 9 active and 4 closed accounts.

I also have a late payment wrongly reported on one of my account. I'm working with banks and bureau to remove this. Hopefully they remove it in this month itself. So that my score may do see 780+.
have credit cards from major banks and closed 2 wheeler and edu loan, personal loan.

u can correct your late payment if it is a genuine case and wrongfully reported. contact customer care and grievance department and keep pushing till they correct it in all the 4 credit bureaus.

Credit Karma

TF Premier
have credit cards from major banks and closed 2 wheeler and edu loan, personal loan.

u can correct your late payment if it is a genuine case and wrongfully reported. contact customer care and grievance department and keep pushing till they correct it in all the 4 credit bureaus.
Thanks for the reply.

I have been following for the past 6 months. The only thing that I am hearing is that they are working on it and every time they ask for a fresh CIBIL report to check. It is quite frustrating, to be honest. But consumers like us have to suffer, the incompetence of the industry.

Do you have any suggestions for me to expedite the process? This late payment was reported in my education loan account of PNB. The DPD is 1 day only. But it dragged my score for about 110+ points in each of the bureaus.

dav33

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks for the reply.

I have been following for the past 6 months. The only thing that I am hearing is that they are working on it and every time they ask for a fresh CIBIL report to check. It is quite frustrating, to be honest. But consumers like us have to suffer, the incompetence of the industry.

Do you have any suggestions for me to expedite the process? This late payment was reported in my education loan account of PNB. The DPD is 1 day only. But it dragged my score for about 110+ points in each of the bureaus.
i had issue in hdfc and they hadnt asked cibil report. i myself sent it once. my issue was solved within 1.5 months

send mail again and state issue clearly and mention all info with attachments. contact nodal officer and complaint to rbi. escalate to highest levels. its already 6 months and they should not delay further. i guess being govt bank they are not taking customer complaint seriously

Credit Karma

TF Premier
i had issue in hdfc and they hadnt asked cibil report. i myself sent it once. my issue was solved within 1.5 months

send mail again and state issue clearly and mention all info with attachments. contact nodal officer and complaint to rbi. escalate to highest levels. its already 6 months and they should not delay further. i guess being govt bank they are not taking customer complaint seriously
You are probably right.

But it was way worse before. There were late payments and overdue amount was reflecting in my reports.

After multiple follow ups they finally cleared all the overdue amounts and late payments except one.

Now I'm following up with them so that they can remove this last late payment as well.

I'm persistent enough that I will get it removed eventually ☺️

Credit Karma

TF Premier
This is reporting of my previous OD against FD in my CIBIL report. how to check weather its secured or not? In type of collateral its showing FD.

Screenshot (116).png
How OD against FD works?
I mean do we have to pay the full amount in one go?
Or are their EMI's?
Is there any standard repayment schedule or is it flexible?
Can one transfer OD money to one's saving account?
Are their any processes and/or pre- closure charges?
How to close such accounts?
Will one get NOC after closing such account

Please elaborate.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
How OD against FD works?
Or are their EMI's?

Please elaborate.
Dont take od.... Intrest rates and tc are way too much to handle....

SunnyM

TF Premier
How OD against FD works?
Or are their EMI's?

Please elaborate.
I have the same queries .

Credit Karma

TF Premier
Any ideas to recover from this setback. Hopefully will get corrected.
Is this from your Experian report?

Because I noticed that, only Experian keeps/shows history that long. Other bureau keep/shows payment history for max 48 months and min 36 months.

So how many of months of payments history does Experian keep/show? Or do they keep/show all the payments history since the account is opened?

dav33

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is this from your Experian report?

Because I noticed that, only Experian keeps/shows history that long. Other bureau keep/shows payment history for max 48 months and min 36 months.

So how many of months of payments history does Experian keep/show? Or do they keep/show all the payments history since the account is opened?
yes its from paisabazaar report of experian. earliest they can show is of 7 years. havent been able to see details of card longer than that in the report.