• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB How to get HDFC Diners Club Credit Card Life Time Free

desaik231

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hello Everyone,

HDFC Bank runs a special Diners Institute Program for the people who have either completed their education from the list of institutes mentioned below link or are part of the Club mentioned in the below link:

List of Eligible Institute & Club Link: Link

Under this program, you are eligible for a Diners Club Credit Card on Life Time Free basis. The card variant depends upon your Salary and Card Limit. (As updated by the Bank person the eligibility has been relaxed a little on 21-Dec-2022)

1. For the Diners Club Black variant you need to have a Monthly salary of more than 1.45L

2. If you do not meet the above criteria and still your Institute is part of the above list you will be given the Diners Club Privilege variant

3. If you are a final year student studying in any of the above-mentioned colleges, the Card against your institute name will be provided to you as Life Time Free

The process to Apply:

Long Process:

1. mail to priorityredressal.creditcards@hdfcbank.com along with the name of the Institute or Club

2. They will revert back and ask you to apply on the following link: https://v.hdfcbank.com/htdocs/common/dinersblackinstitute/index.html after which in a couple of days someone from HDFC Bank will reach out to you

3. You need to submit your Degree Certificat / Club Membership Proof, Last three-month Salary Slip, and Bank account statement in which your Salary was credited

Short Proces:

With the consent of the person from HDFC bank who reached out to me, I am sharing their number so you can directly get in touch with them and they will help you with the application.

Yadurya P B: +91 90660 89550
yadurya.pb@hdfcbank.com

I would like to thank all contributing members of this post (https://tfcommunity.app.link/ret6xj21Vvb) through which I get to know about this special program.

Please feel free to Drop your queries :)

Edit:

8-Jan-2023: If you are already having a HDFC card mentioned in above list, it will be not converted to lifetime free.

19-Jan-2023: The list of eligible institutes and Cards have been updated on 19-Jan-2023 which were in effect from 21-Dec-2022 and eligibility criteria has been modified.

K~14

Last edited:

Harry13

TF Buzz
I believe you should be able to answer this instead of asking us. 🤣 My relationship manager at IndusInd Bank used to be an ex-employee of HDFC Bank, yet they still hold a Millenia Card with a 1.5 lakh limit that is 7 years old. 🤣 This proves that HDFC Bank doesn't even treat their employees well. 😂
Lmao I’m aware of this🤣🤣 but they had surprisingly offered it to us in the Cards teams. Some seniors took it, I didn’t😅

palashdg

TF Buzz
Upgraded LTF DCP to LTF DCB through the grievance redressal team. Extremely simple process. Only issue is they take 3 days to reply to every email. I sent in a request and every 3 days they asked me for request letter, institute certificate, etc. etc. took a few days but finally received an email saying the card has been upgraded and will be dispatched soon. Phew.

Harry13

TF Buzz
Upgraded LTF DCP to LTF DCB through the grievance redressal team. Extremely simple process. Only issue is they take 3 days to reply to every email. I sent in a request and every 3 days they asked me for request letter, institute certificate, etc. etc. took a few days but finally received an email saying the card has been upgraded and will be dispatched soon. Phew.
When had you gotten your DCP?
I took Regalia Gold LTF. Can it be upgraded to LTF DCB under alumni offer?

vivian

TF Buzz
what was the credit limit of your DCP?

Random123

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My friend request was initially rejected but he was persistent. I think he sent 5 times and then finally got it LTF in 6th try.
Its upto you. But if they are giving you credit limit, then you are already at the verge of being LTF.
Thanks have again requested the same. They took their time and clearly mentioned that they can't do upgrade on the account. But they increased the CL to 4L. They also mentioned that you can reach out to PNO if not satisfied with the resolution. I am not sure if they will change their stance since upon looking at the statements, realised that haven't used millennia much for the last 6 months though have used tata neu extensively.
Primarily was looking for this due to LTF and international lounge access, have sc ultimate and icici sapphiro which has lounge access though.
Will this offer be over anytime soon so that I can try few months later or should I try contacting PNO ? Thanks

Hitman_107

TF Select
Thanks have again requested the same. They took their time and clearly mentioned that they can't do upgrade on the account. But they increased the CL to 4L. They also mentioned that you can reach out to PNO if not satisfied with the resolution. I am not sure if they will change their stance since upon looking at the statements, realised that haven't used millennia much for the last 6 months though have used tata neu extensively.
Primarily was looking for this due to LTF and international lounge access, have sc ultimate and icici sapphiro which has lounge access though.
Will this offer be over anytime soon so that I can try few months later or should I try contacting PNO ? Thanks
Escalate to pno.. maybe they will help after pno you can even escalate to MD.... Worth a try

palashdg

TF Buzz
When had you gotten your DCP?
I took Regalia Gold LTF. Can it be upgraded to LTF DCB under alumni offer?
Got it in Jan 2023 under the alumni offer. Got it upgraded now. You should be able to upgrade your Regalia gold to LTF DCB considering you meet their Net Salary / other internal criteria.

palashdg

TF Buzz
Does not make sense. If you are an alumni of any tier 1 institute from the list and also earn close to the requisite salary threshold, why would they deny? Something doesn't add up.

Random123

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Does not make sense. If you are an alumni of any tier 1 institute from the list and also earn close to the requisite salary threshold, why would they deny? Something doesn't add up.
Thanks for the reply. Yes I even asked if there is any reason but they just say your account is not eligible for upgrade. Actually my last transaction on Millennia was in Jan 23 and got tata neu infinity in Feb 23. Will try reaching out to PNO but probably will do some txns in this card too.

palashdg

TF Buzz
Thanks for the reply. Yes I even asked if there is any reason but they just say your account is not eligible for upgrade. Actually my last transaction on Millennia was in Jan 23 and got tata neu infinity in Feb 23. Will try reaching out to PNO but probably will do some txns in this card too.
In your next response share your degree completion certificate with them. I think the institute list has been edited so double check.

Random123

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
In your next response share your degree completion certificate with them. I think the institute list has been edited so double check.
Oh thanks any idea about the updated list ? I have been sharing the degree certificate too in my mails but they never mentioned that as reason for ineligibility

Random123

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You’ll have to check with the phone number shared on the first page. May I ask which institute you are from? Some of them are only eligible for moneyback + card
Thanks sure will try calling them, actually sent message but didn't get any reply. Sure I graduated from BITS Pilani but not sure if it is in updated list

palashdg

TF Buzz
Thanks sure will try calling them, actually sent message but didn't get any reply. Sure I graduated from BITS Pilani but not sure if it is in updated list
As per the list on page 1. Bits Pilani students are eligible for moneyback + only. Although I would suggest checking with the Hdfc contact as well.