• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to get an Unsecured Credit Card for Newbie (Salaried - with NO credit score/history)

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
I know most of TF members are having some sort of credit history - from secured/unsecured credit cards, credit line or any other loan accounts. But one of my friend, who doesn't have a credit history/score wants to own a credit card, but an unsecured one. He is a salaried employee in a central govt (PSU) sector. Is there any hope for his wish. If anyone having knowledge or similar experience in this regard, please share.

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
He can also try getting an Add-on card from any of his friends or family and make timely payments. Then in 3-4 months he’ll have a Credit score and can apply for a better than what he’ll get right now.

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
He can also try getting an Add-on card from any of his friends or family and make timely payments. Then in 3-4 months he’ll have a Credit score and can apply for a better than what he’ll get right now.
He belongs from a farming family background, so no one in his family owns one either.

akshayhs

TF Ace
His job sector alone will be sufficient to get a credit card if you ask me. My cousin sister works in education sector at a reputed government college. She had no issues getting one from HDFC. She banks there and she didn't have a credit score prior to the application.

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I know most of TF members are having some sort of credit history - from secured/unsecured credit cards, credit line or any other loan accounts. But one of my friend, who doesn't have a credit history/score wants to own a credit card, but an unsecured one. He is a salaried employee in a central govt (PSU) sector. Is there any hope for his wish. If anyone having knowledge or similar experience in this regard, please share.
ask him to visit branch where he/she has account opened...

Banks knows that job security is extremely high and so, they will happily give atleast entry level CC

or, he/she may wait for 2-3 months and then apply via salary slips.. but will get for sure

BCh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I had almost same background last year. I got a call from SBI (where I've salary account) and got FYF Prime Pro Card. Also I applied and received ICICI Apay during the same time (held ICICI Savings A/c). After 3 months, I got IDFC card on preapproved basis for my 2 month old savings A/C. All of those cards were issued without any credit score.

runzone

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
any bank or some specific banks? because some banks do not report add on card to add on card holder cibil

s1t2y3a3m6

TF Premier
You can get any entry level card with your salary slip. You would get easily from any bank but recommend to try offline application for your first card with all documents.