• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Seeking Advice: Issues with Converting Onecard to Unsecured Credit Limit, Considering Closing - Impact on Credit Score?

Hello community,

I hope you're all doing well. I am currently facing some challenges with my Onecard as I am unable to convert it to an unsecured credit limit, and there are issues with SBM preventing me from increasing it. Given that it's my first credit card, 1 year and 4 months old, I'm contemplating closing it. However, I am concerned about the potential impact on my credit score.

Has anyone encountered a similar situation or could provide insights into whether closing my first credit card might affect my credit score negatively? Any advice on how to navigate through this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Edit :
I already got Flipkart Axis Bank Credit card with 15K (15,000) limit. But after that I applied for some other cards but did not get them. I some times rotate money between the cards and also its quite convenient because bill of OneCard is generated on 1st and Axis card is generated on 12th.
I want to close the card so please suggest some other cards which I can get approved for easily.
CIBIL Score : 778
Experian Score : 810
I am really afraid my credit score will drop since OneCard is my oldest card 1 year 4 months and I got flipkart card 6 months ago.
Thanks in advance to everyone!!!!

Last edited:

akshayhs

TF Ace
Don't close it. Disable the card and all kinds of transactions, and stop using the card entirely. Since it's LTF, it does not matter.

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello community,

I hope you're all doing well. I am currently facing some challenges with my Onecard as I am unable to convert it to an unsecured credit limit, and there are issues with SBM preventing me from increasing it. Given that it's my first credit card, 1 year and 4 months old, I'm contemplating closing it. However, I am concerned about the potential impact on my credit score.

Has anyone encountered a similar situation or could provide insights into whether closing my first credit card might affect my credit score negatively? Any advice on how to navigate through this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
The closure has to be done at some point of time, so better close it now itself.
There will be some drop in your score but it'll recover within 3 4 months.

Since you said it was your first card, you may keep it till you get another unsecured card.

Get any unsecured card this/next month n then close 1card. Get back your money from SBM.

The dip in rating will be for 2 or 3 months. Don't worry.