• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to get Amex card without ITR/Salary slip?

Solution
getting Amex card without ITR or salary slip is very difficult unless you have high net worth (luxury car under your name, high value property, huge bank balance etc).
Amex Amex doesn't offer LTF card normally

I have gotten Amex Smart Earn card (not LTF) without ITR or salary slip and my net worth at that time was under 1 lakh.

My story -

I applied for the Smart Earn card about 2 years ago. They called and I refused to share them ITR (I'm self-employed) as it was not even more than 4 lakh at that time. No salary slips either. I asked for card-on-card method. They refused. I told them I can prove my income with my bank statement. They refused.So nothing happened on the application.

About 1 month later, a guy from there...

yolofino

TF Premier
getting Amex card without ITR or salary slip is very difficult unless you have high net worth (luxury car under your name, high value property, huge bank balance etc).
Amex Amex doesn't offer LTF card normally

I have gotten Amex Smart Earn card (not LTF) without ITR or salary slip and my net worth at that time was under 1 lakh.

My story -

I applied for the Smart Earn card about 2 years ago. They called and I refused to share them ITR (I'm self-employed) as it was not even more than 4 lakh at that time. No salary slips either. I asked for card-on-card method. They refused. I told them I can prove my income with my bank statement. They refused.So nothing happened on the application.

About 1 month later, a guy from there acquisition team called from Hyderabad office and asked me why I was not able to provide income docs. I told him that my current income is good (which was about 12 lakhs) but my latest ITR is of less than 4 lakh. I again asked him about card-on-card. No luck. I told him I can prove my income with my bank statement. He refused but asked me if I work for some company. I said yes but can't provide salary slips as the company is a foreign-based entity and don't give salary slips and no office in India. He asked me if I have a company email address. I said yes.

So he proceeded for my application as salaried (he gave me a custom link) and company name same as my company's email address and for office address, since I worked from a co-working space, he told me to use that address but put the company name instead of the co-working space's name.
Within a minute of asking my details and confirmation, he told me I will receive the card with a limit of 3,25,000!

I couldn't believe him. Here I was with an ITR of less than 4 lakh, networth of less than 1 lakh (due to past loans), although I was earning about 12 lakhs at that point but no way to prove except my bank statement. At that time, I had only 3 cards - HDFC Regalia (220k limit), ICICI Amazon Pay (130k limit) and SBI IRCTC Rupay (90k limit).

Within 3 days, I receive the card in my hand with a limit of 3,25,000.

Solution

yolofino

TF Premier
I wish the account aggregator concept catches on and banks give easy access to credit to self-employed people. It's really difficult for non-salaried people to get loans or credit card from banks etc. Even when they can prove their monthly income from bank statement.

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin

My story -

About 1 month later, a guy from there acquisition team called from Hyderabad office and asked me why I was not able to provide income docs. I told him that my current income is good (which was about 12 lakhs) but my latest ITR is of less than 4 lakh. I again asked him about card-on-card. No luck. I told him I can prove my income with my bank statement. He refused but asked me if I work for some company. I said yes but can't provide salary slips as the company is a foreign-based entity and don't give salary slips and no office in India. He asked me if I have a company email address. I said yes.

So he proceeded for my application as salaried (he gave me a custom link) and company name same as my company's email address and for office address, since I worked from a co-working space, he told me to use that address but put the company name instead of the co-working space's name.
Within a minute of asking my details and confirmation, he told me I will receive the card with a limit of 3,25,000!

I couldn't believe him. Here I was with an ITR of less than 4 lakh, networth of less than 1 lakh (due to past loans), although I was earning about 12 lakhs at that point but no way to prove except my bank statement. At that time, I had only 3 cards - HDFC Regalia (220k limit), ICICI Amazon Pay (130k limit) and SBI IRCTC Rupay (90k limit).

Amazing 🔥

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

My story -

Congratulations & that's the way of bypassing the system with an intelligent mind like the person who called you from Hyderabad.
I would say you were lucky that you were called by him.

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator

My story -

Congratulations
Such a humble employee 🙌

dealsindia2018

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

My story -

I have received my first amex GOLD CHARGE without any ITR AND INCOME DOCUMENTS too.

My permanent addess is not servicable for many CC issuing banks aswell. I provided my Brothers Office address as my work address.

It was simple straight forward process.
I had signed up using referral link my friend had sent me.

He held a good relation with Amex, even he got a call after I had applied to verify my details.

Within few days I received my first.
At that point I held 4 cards with 1 having 8 year credit history and 1 had 5 year credit history.

Currently not holding any Amex.

princesai

TF Buzz

My story -

Are you freelancer? Or how you joined foreign based company?

dealsindia2018

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Why no Amex currently?
Thats because in my area the acceptance is very less. Also in the last three years the due to UPI many small shop owners stopper accepting credit cards all together.

Since the acceptance was low I used my Amex to TopUp my PayTm Wallet and then used paytm for such txn. Now the wallet loading is also chargeable so Amex was of no use for me.

Only Amex gave MR for wallet loads.

I used Amex mostly through PayTm.

yolofino

TF Premier
Thats because in my area the acceptance is very less. Also in the last three years the due to UPI many small shop owners stopper accepting credit cards all together.

Since the acceptance was low I used my Amex to TopUp my PayTm Wallet and then used paytm for such txn. Now the wallet loading is also chargeable so Amex was of no use for me.

Only Amex gave MR for wallet loads.

I used Amex mostly through PayTm.
Similar story with me. I closed my Amex Smart Earn card within a year.

At that time, I had very less expenses and with already having SBI as a paid card, I choose to say goodbye to Amex. Also, at that time, I wanted to trim my card collection to minimum. (I had 6 cards by then)

However, now I somewhat regret closing it, not because I want 'Amex', I just want it as a backup for offers. I now have found a way to manufacture spends in a risk-free way and as much as I want, so no worries on bypassing the threshold for annual fee reversal.

I think I should email the guy to reopen my card. I wonder if it's possible.

yolofino

TF Premier
Are you freelancer? Or how you joined foreign based company?

Yes, I am a freelancer but as of now, I only work with 1 agency and they give me plenty of work. It's like a full-time but I work less than 4 hours a day.

They posted the job opportunity in a Facebook group (Linkedin nowadays) and I applied and got selected after an interview.

It's a great 'job' and I will never go back to typical 9-to-5 or office-based jobs.

And no, it's not a coding job or even a tech job. I'm into ecommerce marketing & copywriting.

TF Ace
TF Family
Similar story with me. I closed my Amex Smart Earn card within a year.

At that time, I had very less expenses and with already having SBI as a paid card, I choose to say goodbye to Amex. Also, at that time, I wanted to trim my card collection to minimum. (I had 6 cards by then)

However, now I somewhat regret closing it, not because I want 'Amex', I just want it as a backup for offers. I now have found a way to manufacture spends in a risk-free way and as much as I want, so no worries on bypassing the threshold for annual fee reversal.

I think I should email the guy to reopen my card. I wonder if it's possible.
Do share that spend method with us! 😁