• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to cancel no cost emi on a merchant transaction but get the interest as discount?

pavan000

TF Premier
How to cancel no cost emi on a merchant transaction but get the interest as discount. For example, etailers give interest as discount upfront. How to retain that while cancelling the emi.

chetansha

TF Neo
Hi guys, used HDFC card and opted for no cost 9 mnth emi, this was done yesterday, how to cancel the NCEmi and save this 2k. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20240424_084951_932.JPG
    IMG_20240424_084951_932.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 22

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Hi guys, used HDFC card and opted for no cost 9 mnth emi, this was done yesterday, how to cancel the NCEmi and save this 2k. Thanks.
Hdfc ncemi cancellation is not free anymore.... U will be charged intrest from last billing date till the emi cancellation date.... So expect anything between 200-500 charges... U can do it from hdfc netbanking or hdfc bank app.... Easily

hariselio

TF Premier
Hi guys, used HDFC card and opted for no cost 9 mnth emi, this was done yesterday, how to cancel the NCEmi and save this 2k. Thanks

I recently did in hdfc my cards website, using preclosure option, there was no cancellation option given. But I was charged less as of now, will have to wait for billing see if they add any more charges.

Transaction details are, 78.5K on 9th April for 12 months NCEMI and EMI converted on 13th. I noticed only on 15th late night as there was no notification from bank. Immediately closed using preclosure option and right away paid all outstanding including all other expenses.

So far extra around 100rs they charged including all those gst. Need to see whether they’ll add any more charges in the final bill.

revanth.

TF Neo
This information from HDFC may not be correct one. For 78.5K itself I was charged only 110 additional. 199 processing fees got refunded.
Did you get the no cost emi discount? HDFC terms and conditions say that if cancelled or foreclosed then the merchant payback is fully payable

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240503_124746_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240503_124746_Chrome.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 11

hackymanoj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi team, I have gone through the whole thread but couldn't find a exact way of cancelling no cost emi for axis card to be exact Flipkart axis card. Will there be any charges if I cancel the emi?

I know how to do it for sbi and icici but not aware of Flipkart. Please help.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Hi team, I have gone through the whole thread but couldn't find a exact way of cancelling no cost emi for axis card to be exact Flipkart axis card. Will there be any charges if I cancel the emi?

I know how to do it for sbi and icici but not aware of Flipkart. Please help.
Call on customer care and request.... They will generate a sr request... It will be done in 2 days... If done in 15 days of order... Then no charges

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
They do it immediately or we have to wait until transaction is settled?
Phle Merchant ko Amount settle hoga then Kotak Convert karega.

System m EMI show karegi tab na Cancel hogi🤣
jo Chiz Exist nhi karti usko Cancel kardo🤣

My Latest Experience

Txn Date:-21st May

On 23rd May It was Apperaing in settled Txns

On 24th May EMI conversion Happened and Reflected on 25th May.

Called the customer Care on 25th May to Cancel it and Cancellation Successful
E-Mail received on 27th May evening

Now Kotak is not asking to pay Txn Amount Upfront and taking direct Request to Cancel the EMI