• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to cancel no cost emi on a merchant transaction but get the interest as discount?

pavan000

TF Premier
How to cancel no cost emi on a merchant transaction but get the interest as discount. For example, etailers give interest as discount upfront. How to retain that while cancelling the emi.

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
How to cancel no cost emi on a merchant transaction but get the interest as discount. For example, etailers give interest as discount upfront. How to retain that while cancelling the emi.
Usually, in the case of ICICI, you can call customer care and cancel the emi.

pavan000

TF Premier
I did it last month.... But nothing as such happened...... Even gst and procesing fees was reversed..... The point is u have to do it within 15 days.... I have experience of axis, icici and hdfc... Nothing was charged...
Did you get the no cost emi discount after cancellation or did they recover full amount

faraaz303

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I did it last month.... But nothing as such happened...... Even gst and procesing fees was reversed..... The point is u have to do it within 15 days.... I have experience of axis, icici and hdfc... Nothing was charged...
I spoke to the CC now and they mentioned if it is a merchant emi, there are no charges, you only pay the principal and the pro rata interest plus gst on the interest.

hackymanoj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I tried to cancel my merchant emi they are saying to pay only pay the principal and the pro rata interest plus gst on the interest. That's weird ICICI does reverse all the charges if it's within 15 days. But hdfc is charging the interest till the day of cancellation

22sumit

TF Select
I tried to cancel my merchant emi they are saying to pay only pay the principal and the pro rata interest plus gst on the interest. That's weird ICICI does reverse all the charges if it's within 15 days. But hdfc is charging the interest till the day of cancellation
How much % did they charge for emi cancellation?

Batmanbaba What's the HDFC customer care number? Have to go through this tomorrow.​

Last edited: