• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to cancel no cost emi on a merchant transaction on SBI CC

Hi, I recently did an EMI transaction on Amazon and contacted SBI CC to cancel the emi. Then I got this response.

Is there a way to cancel the merchant emi and save on interest?

Please advise.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230702-164543.jpg
    Screenshot_20230702-164543.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 322
  • Screenshot_20230702-164559.jpg
    Screenshot_20230702-164559.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 315

sandz

TF Buzz
You can choose to pre-close the Merchant EMI facility with pre-payment charges by calling SBI Card helpline at 39 02 02 02 (Prefix STD code of your city while calling from mobile) or 1860 180 1290 (if calling from MTNL and BSNL lines).

Effective 27th February 2023, for all Merchant EMI foreclosures, interest accrued during the period between the last Statement Date & the Foreclosure Request Date will also be added to the Foreclosure charges. This interest will be over & above the foreclosure fee of 3% on the principal outstanding on pro-rata basis, plus applicable taxes.

kunal89

TF Premier
I'm having a weird issue with SBI card. Purchased something costs 7090 in 6 month no cost EMI. Today bill is generated in SBI card. I can see 6758 is charged fully in my card (Cost - no cost discount). No EMI split is done or showing in cards app.
Am I the lucky one here or they will screw me later on?

Spoderman

TF Buzz
I'm having a weird issue with SBI card. Purchased something costs 7090 in 6 month no cost EMI. Today bill is generated in SBI card. I can see 6758 is charged fully in my card (Cost - no cost discount). No EMI split is done or showing in cards app.
Am I the lucky one here or they will screw me later on?
You're not lucky but I would say unlucky instead. Same thing has happened with me which is why I'm looking at various threads. I purchase a tv on no cost emi on 7th and my bill got generated on 9th, before that transaction was converted to emi. Now the full amount has come in my statement as total amount due instead of the emi. I just received an sms that transaction has now been converted. I contacted sbi to cancel the emi but they said the same thing as in this thread. I have to cancel the order and get refund from amazon to be able to cancel this emi, otherwise I'll be charged for forecloseure. They are asking to pay minimum amount due which will be adjusted in the next month. I am unsure about this because I've never done that before. Can someone confirm the real consequences of paying minimum amount due? Will it be adjusted next month?

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You're not lucky but I would say unlucky instead. Same thing has happened with me which is why I'm looking at various threads. I purchase a tv on no cost emi on 7th and my bill got generated on 9th, before that transaction was converted to emi. Now the full amount has come in my statement as total amount due instead of the emi. I just received an sms that transaction has now been converted. I contacted sbi to cancel the emi but they said the same thing as in this thread. I have to cancel the order and get refund from amazon to be able to cancel this emi, otherwise I'll be charged for forecloseure. They are asking to pay minimum amount due which will be adjusted in the next month. I am unsure about this because I've never done that before. Can someone confirm the real consequences of paying minimum amount due? Will it be adjusted next month?
Wouldn't they be crediting back the full amount to your CC this month? That should count against payment for last month, no?

Spoderman

TF Buzz
Wouldn't they be crediting back the full amount to your CC this month? That should count against payment for last month, no?
No, I've called their customer care 3 times already and none of the executives said anything about this. They're saying that the emi will start from next month statement and I have to atleast pay minimum amount due this month to avoid any issue.

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
No, I've called their customer care 3 times already and none of the executives said anything about this. They're saying that the emi will start from next month statement and I have to atleast pay minimum amount due this month to avoid any issue.
Check you unbilled transactions if you have a credit for the full amount. Also, check the outstanding, if it has reduced post EMI conversion.

kunal89

TF Premier
This is a serious flaw in the system. Basically someone has to pay full amount in order to save cibil score crack and then take the credit of all the emi's and just pay the interest and gst amount per month.
I had a similar situation with HDFC as well, I bought something on no cost emi just 2 days before bill generation. But they started the EMI very next day.
SBI card should remove private limited from their name, everything they do scream like public sector bank.

CARDiologist

TF Select
Same thing happened with me purchased a pair of earbuds worth INR 10K through Amazon NCEMI on 19 sep & bill generated on 24 sep as the full amount due (including the NCEMI discount).Now, it's almost a month do you think they will start the emi starting next month & I can't cancel the order now, cancellation period is over.

Spoderman

TF Buzz
Check you unbilled transactions if you have a credit for the full amount. Also, check the outstanding, if it has reduced post EMI conversion.
Checked just now. I have a total of 3 transactions pertaining to this purchase. First one is debit, which is already billed in my current statement generated on 9th. Second one (credit for merchant emi booked) is credit and third one (transfer to merchant emi) is again debit. The last 2 transactions are under unbilled transactions. No change in outstanding. I don't think they are going to fix this on their end. Obviously the customer has to adjust.