• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many sim cards do you have and for what purpose?

Gaara

TF Ace
  1. General Use
  2. Backup Number (I have a fondness for this number, and it’s from BSNL. Even when I don’t recharge the SIM, it remains active, so I keep it.)
In the words of Roy: “One day, I’ll leave all this behind and venture far away. To an unfamiliar state, an unknown city, where I’ll begin a new life under an anonymous name. Only then will I close the chapter of my first number and start using the second.

(Original dialogue: Ake din ye sab chor ke kahin door chala jaun ga, kisi anjaan daish ke anjaan shehar mein, kisi anjaan naam se nayi zindagi shuru karon ga. Tab first number close karke second number use karna start karungha.)

Pradumya

TF Premier
I have 4
1. Primary Jio - for aadhaar and banks - not given to anyone else, not even recharged. Incoming SMS is not stopped in Jio that's why.
2. Jio again but this time for calling and for family members.
3. BSNL - not recharged for like 6 months, for WhatsApp and other spammy things.
4. Vi - for work related like applying to jobs etc.

naddy0711

TF Select
Airtel and Vi i have only, i dont trust on Jio shit . Reliance company bas data bechti hai consumers ka . Other companies bhi karti hongi but i personally dont trust Jio and reliance.

vine

TF Premier
I have 4
1. Primary Jio - for aadhaar and banks - not given to anyone else, not even recharged. Incoming SMS is not stopped in Jio that's why.
2. Jio again but this time for calling and for family members.
3. BSNL - not recharged for like 6 months, for WhatsApp and other spammy things.
4. Vi - for work related like applying to jobs etc.
How many mobiles do you use? Two with dual sim at least?

If you use 5 simcards, then the recharge for all those sims will eat up any cashback you get from your credit cards heehee

One does not need so much security for the Aadhar. Just use one personal number for family, close friends, banking and Aadhar.

And a second number for work, faltu apps and giving out to restaurants/shops etc.

Put a sim lock pin on the simcards and a password on your phone. If you are hyper-careful, turn off biometric unlock. If you are using a smartwatch linked to the same number as the phone, turn off the ability of the watch and phone to unlock each other. Make sure to disable control centre and notifications of SMS on the lock screen.