• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How I doubled my HDFC credit card Limit!

suhailmz

TF Premier
Hi All,
I wanted to share my experience of enhancing the credit limit of my HDFC credit card, which hasn’t been an easy task.
My credit limit was today enhanced from 3.48 lakh to 6.96 lakh.

Background:
I have my oldest credit card with HDFC, which is about 7 years & I hold a salary account with the same period. My initial limit on the card back in 2015 was 23000 approx. Although, HDFC has been proving limit enhancement offers from time to time, it usually took 1-2 years for the offer and the new limit too was not that high.

Last year, in September, I got a LE offer 2.5 lakh to 3.48 and I took it. However, I wasn’t happy & decided to do something about it.
I sent few limit enhancement forms, along with my salary slips, which were rejected & I was asked to provide a FD Lien proof, which made no sense ( My income surely qualified for a higher limit).

Here’s what I did that might have helped me get the offer:

1) Got my basic salary account upgraded to Preferred through RM’s help

2) Applied for HDFC Life insurance ( Not because I wanted LE, but I had to take a policy anyway, and decided to go with HDFC)

3) Shifted my expenses to HDFC card & increased my utilisation from 5-10% upto 30-40% for 4-5 months in a row

4) Started to park some money in my HDFC savings account, which usually has very less balance as I transfer money to a different account, usually within 1st week of the month. I started to park 1-2 lakh

5) Applied for upgrade to DCB card, which was eventually rejected as my limit on current Regalia card was less, & the nodal office support executives asked me to wait for limit enhancement offer to get the upgrade.

6) Activated AutoPay for bill payment in HDFC mobile app

7) Signed for the notification to make sure I don’t miss the limit offer

8) Needless to say, paid all my dues before time

To sum up the above, I focused on building a good relationship with HDFC bank & letting them know I am using their products & services, and they should not forget me :D

While the above pointers might not guarantee a good LE offer, you can try and see if it works for you. Happy that it did for me , and I hope you too receive the offers soon :)

Thanks,
Suhail

Attachments

• 932E15FB-6216-4F34-878D-A24C5D347051.jpeg
    932E15FB-6216-4F34-878D-A24C5D347051.jpeg
    208.3 KB · Views: 645

sv004

TF Premier
Hi All,
I wanted to share my experience of enhancing the credit limit of my HDFC credit card, which hasn’t been an easy task.

Background:
I have my oldest credit card with HDFC, which is about 7 years & I hold a salary account with the same period. My initial limit on the card back in 2015 was 23000 approx. Although, HDFC has been proving limit enhancement offers from time to time, it usually took 1-2 years for the offer and the new limit too was not that high.

Last year, in September, I got a LE offer 2.5 lakh to 3.48 and I took it. However, I wasn’t happy & decided to do something about it.
I sent few limit enhancement forms, along with my salary slips, which were rejected & I was asked to provide a FD Lien proof, which made no sense ( My income surely qualified for a higher limit).

2) Applied for HDFC Life insurance ( Not because I wanted LE, but I had to take a policy anyway, and decided to go with HDFC)

3) Shifted my expenses to HDFC card & increased my utilisation from 5-10% upto 30-40% for 4-5 months in a row

4) Started to park some money in my HDFC savings account, which usually has very less balance as I transfer money to a different account, usually within 1st week of the month. I started to park 1-2 lakh

5) Applied for upgrade to DCB card, which was eventually rejected as my limit on current Regalia card was less, & the nodal office support executives asked me to wait for limit enhancement offer to get the upgrade.

To sum up the above, I focused on building a good relationship with HDFC bank & letting them know I am using their products & services, and they should not forget me :D

While the above pointers might not guarantee a good LE offer, you can try and see if it works for you. Happy that it did for me , and I hope you too receive the offers soon :)

Thanks,
Suhail
Did u pay ur dues before bill generation

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Hi All,

Background:

Thanks,
Suhail
HDFC Ergo Optima Restore is one of the best health insurance policies in the market

Golden_owl

TF Buzz
Hi All,

Background:

Thanks,
Suhail
HDFC sometimes makes no sense at all. Example

My father is hdfc imperia customer with average balance of around 10lac also have joint corporate premium CC with 6 lac limit also had taken 2-3 business loan upwards of 6Cr and paid them back and 2 car loans from them 1st 12lac lone closed in October 2022 and new 25lac loan in November 2022 .

but when he applied his first cc 1 year ago he got limit of 62000....but strange part i applied for my first CC 2 months before my father did . I am student with average balance of 2-3 lac and no credit score also no income but i got limit of 1lac...😅

They trust broke college student but don't trust 50 year man who earns 1cr a year

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family

My father is hdfc imperia customer with average balance of around 10lac also have joint corporate premium CC with 6 lac limit also had taken 2-3 business loan upwards of 6Cr and paid them back and 2 car loans from them 1st 12lac lone closed in October 2022 and new 25lac loan in November 2022 .

but when he applied his first cc 1 year ago he got limit of 62000....but strange part i applied for my first CC 2 months before my father did . I am student with average balance of 2-3 lac and no credit score also no income but i got limit of 1lac...😅

They trust broke college student but don't trust 50 year man who earns 1cr a year
You're their upcoming customer. They've got all the money out they could from your father. Jokes apart, it's on their algorithm. No one can really judge. Congrats on your first credit card.

Golden_owl

TF Buzz
You're their upcoming customer. They've got all the money out they could from your father. Jokes apart, it's on their algorithm. No one can really judge. Congrats on your first credit card.
😅😅 God knows but. But overall hdfc has good card portfolio and services . But there is one problem they dont report credit limit to any credit unions so. Whatever is your highest spend it's your credit limit . Because of that every time i check my score it shows high credit utilisation.. so i i had to get 2nd card . It's ICICI Amazon pay with 90k limit now it's very good card no nonsense get it and pay the bill you dont have to worry about it ever again ..

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
😅😅 God knows but. But overall hdfc has good card portfolio and services . But there is one problem they dont report credit limit to any credit unions so. Whatever is your highest spend it's your credit limit . Because of that every time i check my score it shows high credit utilisation.. so i i had to get 2nd card . It's ICICI Amazon pay with 90k limit now it's very good card no nonsense get it and pay the bill you dont have to worry about it ever again ..
I will refute your statement of good card portfolio

There are only 2 good cards for HDFC

Millennia/Regalia

DCB/Infinia

suhailmz

TF Premier

It’s the algorithm but I feel your father would be getting the limit increase offers soon, if not already. Usually banks don’t provide a huge limit to begin with. Also, hdfc is fairly generous with new customers :)

suhailmz

TF Premier
You will get good limit enhancement offers on ICICI card shortly.