• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Horrible experience with Indusind bank so far

Pankhuri

TF Ace
I got an offer for Legend ltf in April, so applied for it. The whole applying process to getting the card was super smooth. But since then this card have become a headache for me. I got this card simply to use during bank specific offers. I knew Indusind offers were limited but what's the harm in ltf card.

Now coming to issues, due to some unforseeable expenses in the last 20 days, I had to use this card upto 25% of the limit. Since I have used the card for 2 big purchases, Indusind customer care is calling me every other day trying to offer some emi conversion. Not only that but daily I get 2-3 sms from Indusind about the same thing. Before this card, I have only used SBI card for some big purchases but never got this kind of call from them. Max they do is to send sms about flexipay a day or two after the purchase. I have told customer care to not to call as I don't wish to convert my purchases to emi. Everytime customer care executive says ok, I will update in system that you don't want to be contacted through call, but I still keep on getting calls.

Another issue I faced when trying to cancel an emi purchase. The order was returned and Amazon refunded the amount. I call customer care to cancel the emi plan. First the customer care told me that they can't do it on call, I will need to mail them. Which was not good when compared to other banks but fine. First time I tried to mail them, google tells me that Email address doesn't exist. Then after few tries mail goes through, only for me to get an email saying my email was caught in spam filter at Indusind. A day later I get message they have recieved the issue and will take care of it in 3 working days. It's been 5 and no reply from their side.

This bad customer service is not just online. I tried opening a zero balance account online with hopes of converting to select savings account by visiting the bank. I did the onlime part a month back, but didn't get the time to visit branch till yesterday. I talked to a guy in branch and told him I opened this account and wish to upgrade it to select. I told him specifically that I have not completed vkyc( this was bad on my part) and wish to do kyc too. I also told him I wish to deposit ₹50k so the select upgrade process go smoothly and asked specifically would it be a problem due to lack of kyc. He assures me it won't be. I can go ahead and deposit money. Now my bad luck is doing numbers these days as I spent close to 30 minutes to deposit money. After that I went to the earlier counter again and completed the kyc process. Then they tell me that since they don't have my sign in system due to no kyc, I would need to return in 2-3 days to apply for select upgrade. Another bummer, but fine,whatever. I came back only to get a call from bank branch that I would need to come back to branch and take my deposit back as they can't credit it to my account due to lack of kyc. Wtf. The guy from the counter made some excuses but ultimately I needed to visit branch again to take back the deposited amount.

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I got an offer for Legend ltf in April, so applied for it. The whole applying process to getting the card was super smooth. But since then this card have become a headache for me. I got this card simply to use during bank specific offers. I knew Indusind offers were limited but what's the harm in ltf card.

Now coming to issues, due to some unforseeable expenses in the last 20 days, I had to use this card upto 25% of the limit. Since I have used the card for 2 big purchases, Indusind customer care is calling me every other day trying to offer some emi conversion. Not only that but daily I get 2-3 sms from Indusind about the same thing. Before this card, I have only used SBI card for some big purchases but never got this kind of call from them. Max they do is to send sms about flexipay a day or two after the purchase. I have told customer care to not to call as I don't wish to convert my purchases to emi. Everytime customer care executive says ok, I will update in system that you don't want to be contacted through call, but I still keep on getting calls.

Another issue I faced when trying to cancel an emi purchase. The order was returned and Amazon refunded the amount. I call customer care to cancel the emi plan. First the customer care told me that they can't do it on call, I will need to mail them. Which was not good when compared to other banks but fine. First time I tried to mail them, google tells me that Email address doesn't exist. Then after few tries mail goes through, only for me to get an email saying my email was caught in spam filter at Indusind. A day later I get message they have recieved the issue and will take care of it in 3 working days. It's been 5 and no reply from their side.

This bad customer service is not just online. I tried opening a zero balance account online with hopes of converting to select savings account by visiting the bank. I did the onlime part a month back, but didn't get the time to visit branch till yesterday. I talked to a guy in branch and told him I opened this account and wish to upgrade it to select. I told him specifically that I have not completed vkyc( this was bad on my part) and wish to do kyc too. I also told him I wish to deposit ₹50k so the select upgrade process go smoothly and asked specifically would it be a problem due to lack of kyc. He assures me it won't be. I can go ahead and deposit money. Now my bad luck is doing numbers these days as I spent close to 30 minutes to deposit money. After that I went to the earlier counter again and completed the kyc process. Then they tell me that since they don't have my sign in system due to no kyc, I would need to return in 2-3 days to apply for select upgrade. Another bummer, but fine,whatever. I came back only to get a call from bank branch that I would need to come back to branch and take my deposit back as they can't credit it to my account due to lack of kyc. Wtf. The guy from the counter made some excuses but ultimately I needed to visit branch again to take back the deposited amount.
I may be blunt, my perception towards the issue is different.

1. You have taken at least 15-20 minutes of time to write this whole thing but you could have spent that time to complete the vKYC. In that case you might not have to start this thread even. You should know that without a Sign in your account you are not expected to do any transaction where account/depositor's sign is a mandatory. Otherwise anybody/everybody can deposit money in your account & you may get a notice from IT if the amount is big.
2. Please mail to Indusind seeking not to get any call for EMI conversion/personal loan, they will do the needful.

Yes for the mapping of Select account with Legend Card is tricky, get back to me once if you are facing any issues.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
I may be blunt, my perception towards the issue is different.

1. You have taken at least 15-20 minutes of time to write this whole thing but you could have spent that time to complete the vKYC. In that case you might not have to start this thread even. You should know that without a Sign in your account you are not expected to do any transaction where account/depositor's sign is a mandatory. Otherwise anybody/everybody can deposit money in your account & you may get a notice from IT if the amount is big.
2. Please mail to Indusind seeking not to get any call for EMI conversion/personal loan, they will do the needful.

Yes for the mapping of Select account with Legend Card is tricky, get back to me once if you are facing any issues.
1. Issue is not that they don't allow me to deposit without my signature in the system. Issue is that I made all the efforts on my part to convey this to bank rep before I went to the cash deposit counter. They repeatedly assured me there won't be a problem when they could have easily checked and told me I would need to finish KYC first before any of the banking activity.

2. Have mailed them, told them on phone, requested to not call during office hours, but they just don't heed to it. But ever since I upgraded my account to select savings, the credit card guys have stopped and now I get calls for personal loans. Guess it never ends with indus.

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
1. Issue is not that they don't allow me to deposit without my signature in the system. Issue is that I made all the efforts on my part to convey this to bank rep before I went to the cash deposit counter. They repeatedly assured me there won't be a problem when they could have easily checked and told me I would need to finish KYC first before any of the banking activity.

2. Have mailed them, told them on phone, requested to not call during office hours, but they just don't heed to it. But ever since I upgraded my account to select savings, the credit card guys have stopped and now I get calls for personal loans. Guess it never ends with indus.
1. You could be right however as a financially literate person the first thing we should do is to go for a FullKYC regardless whatever bank says. We don't need to listen to them in this regard.

2. Please escalate to MD Desk of Indusind, it will stop immediately, I too went through this & the moment I escalated, they stopped.