• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help: Towards PayZapp Bootloader Crash ⚠️ Fix

D₹V

TF Prestige
Guys, as you're aware about PayZapp crash due to Unlocked Bootloader or Root devices, they won't listen with single complaint to fix this issue. But unity is strength, as happened with ICICI mobile app & they fixed it.

So please go to the PayZapp < help centre < App Issues < App is crashing & complaint regarding app crashing so it becomes the major issue for them & fix 🤙 this bootloader crash problem.

Screenshot_2023-09-21-10-27-50-921_com.hdfcbank.payzapp.png

Here's my word, kindly edit with ur convenience, don't copy 🫤; My phone's bootloader is unlocked. And PayZapp is crashing every time. Unlocking bootloader isn't a security flaw but rooting phone might be. My phone isn't rooted & I'm using official ROM by device manufacturer. Kindly remove this unnecessary update otherwise I'll have to move to other app for my daily payments.

Please 🥺 do it as emergency ⚠️ for the community 😶.

Thank you ❤️ for your efforts.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Technically yes. Not in the way that there is some virus sitting in your system but in the way that the whole system was designed in a way and now you have blown away a part of that system. Nothing to worry if you know what you are doing, plus don't install apks from random places and are very miserly when it comes to granting permissions to an app.
Yes, I don't install third party app on primary phone.

Also, I keep creating dump of apk 😂 of banking apps when I feel next update might change something.

Sadly apk dump of PayZapp didn't work 🫤 which I created earlier.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I had the same issue, I just relocked my bootloader. It's simply too much hassle these days with all these banking apps locking up everything.
I have been an Android user past 13 years and used all forms of roots just for ad blocking just so I don't have to watch 3 ads for every video on youtube.

Back then magisk worked well bypassing these restrictions but since the lead developer got hired by Google, the support for magisk is not at the level it used to be. I understand why you don't want to relock the bootloader, coz it erases all data and needs to setup everything new.

I do miss the universal adblock on the device but since I started using Vanced/Revanced youtube I am not missing out on much.
damn i used to root and what not with my oneplus one.. so many memories and vanced still works??? damn... i might need you point where is it on the internet cause i thought it again stopped working..

cryoengine

TF Premier
damn i used to root and what not with my oneplus one.. so many memories and vanced still works??? damn... i might need you point where is it on the internet cause i thought it again stopped working..
Check the pinned post, https://www.reddit.com/r/revancedapp/

it's not as straightforward as Vanced was. Now you need revanced manager app and need to download youtube apk specific version from apkpure or some other trusted apk source. And patch it yourself.

They just provide a way to patch YouTube app and not directly modify the app. They made it this way so Google can't send them a cease and desist letter for tampering with their app.

Download the manager from https://github.com/ReVanced/revanced-manager

Download whichever youtube apk version the manager app recommends. Select the downloaded apk in the manager app and patch it with the recommended option.

need to install MicroG if you want to log in with a google account.

install the patched youtube apk. YouTube revanced will be a separate app and doesn't interfere with the original.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
thanks for the detailed post.. will try to installed Vanced, following your post. some APK doesn't work on Samsung phone like my all time favorite VPN psiphon VPN same apk would work on my another android phone though. any workaround you're aware or use any VPN app without any ads?
Check the pinned post, https://www.reddit.com/r/revancedapp/

it's not as straightforward as Vanced was. Now you need revanced manager app and need to download youtube apk specific version from apkpure or some other trusted apk source. And patch it yourself.

They just provide a way to patch YouTube app and not directly modify the app. They made it this way so Google can't send them a cease and desist letter for tampering with their app.

Download the manager from https://github.com/ReVanced/revanced-manager

Download whichever youtube apk version the manager app recommends. Select the downloaded apk in the manager app and patch it with the recommended option.

need to install MicroG if you want to log in with a google account.

install the patched youtube apk. YouTube revanced will be a separate app and doesn't interfere with the original.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
thanks for the detailed post.. will try to installed Vanced, following your post. some APK doesn't work on Samsung phone like my all time favorite VPN psiphon VPN same apk would work on my another android phone though. any workaround you're aware or use any VPN app without any ads?
Can use private dns setting in android with nextdns or quad dns to block most of ads. Will not work in apps like youtube or insta which serve their own ads but will take care of 99% of other ads.

Also Which samsung device you have, sometimes apks don't work bcoz of v7 or v8 architecture difference. Just keep an eye out next time you download an apk and it works and from next time on try to download for that architecture only.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
Yes, I don't install third party app on primary phone.

Also, I keep creating dump of apk 😂 of banking apps when I feel next update might change something.

Sadly apk dump of PayZapp didn't work 🫤 which I created earlier.
Why did that apk didn't work? Shown same error? Then probably they are relying on google play apis and have switched some on in the backend(intentionally or unintentionally) which is causing the error. If intentionally then seems like maybe in the coming days hdfc banking app might also stop working.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
This is both the message one by one I get when I open the PayZapp
IMG_20230921_115631.jpg IMG_20230921_115609.jpg
Strange behaviour. Although maybe because I am on android 11 that it things have changed in last 2-3 years. Usually banking apps used to check for roots or non-oem rom for this. This seems to be checking for verified boot too which would be tripped by many OEMs with even loaded bootloader. Or maybe it is the default message shown for the type of error and verified boot has nothing to do with it.

Last edited:

Tejo

TF Legend
Guys, as you're aware about PayZapp crash due to Unlocked Bootloader or Root devices, they won't listen with single complaint to fix this issue. But unity is strength, as happened with ICICI mobile app & they fixed it.

So please go to the PayZapp < help centre < App Issues < App is crashing & complaint regarding app crashing so it becomes the major issue for them & fix 🤙 this bootloader crash problem.

Screenshot_2023-09-21-10-27-50-921_com.hdfcbank.payzapp.png

Here's my word, kindly edit with ur convenience, don't copy 🫤; My phone's bootloader is unlocked. And PayZapp is crashing every time. Unlocking bootloader isn't a security flaw but rooting phone might be. My phone isn't rooted & I'm using official ROM by device manufacturer. Kindly remove this unnecessary update otherwise I'll have to move to other app for my daily payments.

Please 🥺 do it as emergency ⚠️ for the community 😶.

Thank you ❤️ for your efforts.
My rooted samsung😅 doesn't face any crash.

simplewarrior

TF Premier
Screenshot_20230921-194444_crDroid_Home.png

HDFC really does great work in making sure that their app does not work in custom rom or rooted phones. If I try to install from Aurora Store it just closes by saying app installed from unsecure sources.

Also regarding bootloader status, i think that can be solved by flashing safety net fix

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Can use private dns setting in android with nextdns or quad dns to block most of ads. Will not work in apps like youtube or insta which serve their own ads but will take care of 99% of other ads.

Also Which samsung device you have, sometimes apks don't work bcoz of v7 or v8 architecture difference. Just keep an eye out next time you download an apk and it works and from next time on try to download for that architecture only.
S22.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Why did that apk didn't work? Shown same error? Then probably they are relying on google play apis and have switched some on in the backend(intentionally or unintentionally) which is causing the error. If intentionally then seems like maybe in the coming days hdfc banking app might also stop working.
No, old apk was crashing without any error shown.

So installed from Play Store, since then PayZapp isn't supported on my device as I see on play store so unable to update it too 😂.