• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help: Towards PayZapp Bootloader Crash ⚠️ Fix

D₹V

TF Prestige
Guys, as you're aware about PayZapp crash due to Unlocked Bootloader or Root devices, they won't listen with single complaint to fix this issue. But unity is strength, as happened with ICICI mobile app & they fixed it.

So please go to the PayZapp < help centre < App Issues < App is crashing & complaint regarding app crashing so it becomes the major issue for them & fix 🤙 this bootloader crash problem.

Screenshot_2023-09-21-10-27-50-921_com.hdfcbank.payzapp.png

Here's my word, kindly edit with ur convenience, don't copy 🫤; My phone's bootloader is unlocked. And PayZapp is crashing every time. Unlocking bootloader isn't a security flaw but rooting phone might be. My phone isn't rooted & I'm using official ROM by device manufacturer. Kindly remove this unnecessary update otherwise I'll have to move to other app for my daily payments.

Please 🥺 do it as emergency ⚠️ for the community 😶.

Thank you ❤️ for your efforts.

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Unlocked bootloader does not cause Payzapp to fail/crash afaik

It maybe because of the official rom that you are using which does not have the required fixes for the device to get certified by Google play store with unlocked bootloader.

You have 2 options:
1. run unbrick tool (if your device has it) to go back to locked bootloader status (MSMtool for Oneplus, Odin for Samsung, Mi Flash Tool for Xaiomi, etc)
2. Install Custom ROM without any root magisk/ksu. Usually all custom ROMs have the required settings for hiding unlocked bootloader and such.

Have been using all apps (payzapp, icici, gpay, phonepe, cred, cheq) on my OP6T running CrDroid 9.x without any issues..

The only thing is "USB Debugging", which ICICI isn't happy about (Need to disable that before opening ICICI NB app)

I think HDFC Banking app doesn't work with unlocked bootloader (but can be configured via ksu modules)

D₹V

TF Prestige

It maybe because of the official rom that you are using which does not have the required fixes for the device to get certified by Google play store with unlocked bootloader.

You have 2 options:
1. run unbrick tool (if your device has it) to go back to locked bootloader status (MSMtool for Oneplus, Odin for Samsung, Mi Flash Tool for Xaiomi, etc)
2. Install Custom ROM without any root magisk/ksu. Usually all custom ROMs have the required settings for hiding unlocked bootloader and such.

Have been using all apps (payzapp, icici, gpay, phonepe, cred, cheq) on my OP6T running CrDroid 9.x without any issues..

The only thing is "USB Debugging", which ICICI isn't happy about (Need to disable that before opening ICICI NB app)

I think HDFC Banking app doesn't work with unlocked bootloader (but can be configured via ksu modules)
I have official MIUI 14 ROM installed bro, not using third party ROM. Not even rooted.

Have unlocked bootloader only which I don't want to lock.

The only flaw is bootloader unlocked!

But this should not be reason to crash!

D₹V

TF Prestige

You have 2 options:

And HDFC Mobile Banking app is working fine for me since installed.

cryoengine

TF Premier
I have official MIUI 14 ROM installed bro, not using third party ROM. Not even rooted.

I had the same issue, I just relocked my bootloader. It's simply too much hassle these days with all these banking apps locking up everything.
I have been an Android user past 13 years and used all forms of roots just for ad blocking just so I don't have to watch 3 ads for every video on youtube.

Back then magisk worked well bypassing these restrictions but since the lead developer got hired by Google, the support for magisk is not at the level it used to be. I understand why you don't want to relock the bootloader, coz it erases all data and needs to setup everything new.

I do miss the universal adblock on the device but since I started using Vanced/Revanced youtube I am not missing out on much.

MangoRush

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I reverted to stock just yesterday because of PayZapp and ICICI.
All other bank apps were working fine except these two.

Mine wasn't crashing though. It would open and then just close.

Pixel 4a/Magisk/LSposed

D₹V

TF Prestige
I had the same issue, I just relocked my bootloader. It's simply too much hassle these days with all these banking apps locking up everything.
I have been an Android user past 13 years and used all forms of roots just for ad blocking just so I don't have to watch 3 ads for every video on youtube.

Back then magisk worked well bypassing these restrictions but since the lead developer got hired by Google, the support for magisk is not at the level it used to be. I understand why you don't want to relock the bootloader, coz it erases all data and needs to setup everything new.

I do miss the universal adblock on the device but since I started using Vanced/Revanced youtube I am not missing out on much.
Bootloader unlocked gives option to recover device anytime.

D₹V

TF Prestige
I reverted to stock just yesterday because of PayZapp and ICICI.
All other bank apps were working fine except these two.

Mine wasn't crashing though. It would open and then just close.

Pixel 4a/Magisk/LSposed
Yes, PayZapp works only once after clearing data.

But after closing same crash.

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Waah, Saanp bhi mare aur laathi bhi na tute xD

Obviously its **the** reason as your device integrity is compromised (even if they say its under warranty)

with bootloader unlocked on xiaomi, give xiaomi.eu rom a try (if they release builds for your device)

they have the required patches for safetynet passing and for Play Store certification which could help you

D₹V

TF Prestige
Waah, Saanp bhi mare aur laathi bhi na tute xD

Obviously its **the** reason as your device integrity is compromised (even if they say its under warranty)

with bootloader unlocked on xiaomi, give xiaomi.eu rom a try (if they release builds for your device)

they have the required patches for safetynet passing and for Play Store certification which could help you
You mean my device is compromised? 🤔

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Its not what you or I think, its what the manufacturer (device and ROM both) say

Its their legal way of saying that if some data/money theft happens on your device, they can not be deemed responsible as the device was not according to their security standards (which is why even banks do not allow apps to run on such devices)

If you still want the apps to run, there are patches/fixes which are done inside ROM's source code, so as to make the apps think that the device integrity is still valid

Maybe read about it more (or see YT videos about it) as I can't go on explaining in messages 😛

you have 3 options:
1. switch to custom rom which has the above mentioned fixes (Xiaomi.eu will give you same UI with added functionality)
2. Re-lock your bootloader
3. wait for app update to see if crashing fixes

Last edited:

MangoRush

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Never expected some Indian bank apps to be so good in root detections.
BOB, PayZapp and ICICI never worked even after using latest Shamiko, HMA and Alpha Magisk.

Till Android 11 it was a good scene. My reason for root was to use custom font(default is so bad) and adblock.

D₹V

TF Prestige
BOB, PayZapp and ICICI never worked even after using latest Shamiko, HMA and Alpha Magisk.

Till Android 11 it was a good scene. My reason for root was to use custom font(default is so bad) and adblock.
Yup, needs too much modifications, still PayZapp doesn't work.

iMobile Pay, HDFC Bank, etc app working well for me, except PayZapp.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
Technically yes. Not in the way that there is some virus sitting in your system but in the way that the whole system was designed in a way and now you have blown away a part of that system. Nothing to worry if you know what you are doing, plus don't install apks from random places and are very miserly when it comes to granting permissions to an app.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
They aren't. In fact most of the banks throughout the world aren't. The thing is Google is, and they want everything to move to mobile and big fish is banking moving to mobile. So they created checks that banking apps can ask for and if any of them come out negative, banking app can refuse to work citing that device is potentially not secure enough.