• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help me optimise my spends

My monthly spends are as follows
- 35k rent (regalia on billpay)
- 50k advance tax (pay quaterly using IDFC first wealth)
- ~10k UPI (on tata neu infinity - LTF)
- ~10k offline spend (axis ace)
- ~30k online spend (Amex MRCC/ SBI CB).

I planned for international trip in May, considering that I applied for axis atlas (got it approved, not yet arrived). Beside this, I will also be booking 12-15 domestic air tickets as well this year.

Also consider 3-4 lac yearly occassional spends (buying laptop etc), I am relying on SBI CB for them as of now.

Should I use Atlas for rent payment and offline spends?
Is there any further optimisations possible?
Should try to get Infinia? I am elgibile as per salary criteria but Regalia is not good enough to meet spend based criteria.

helloworld

TF Legend
Atlas is enough for now, if you can redeem those miles within year or as soon as you complete milestones because future is uncertain and if they remove partner options, you'll be in lose.

Should try to get Infinia?
It still good if you can get.

Try Plat. Travel also which helps you Taj Hotel vouchers for your travel.

Atlas is enough for now, if you can redeem those miles within year or as soon as you complete milestones because future is uncertain and if they remove partner options, you'll be in lose.

Should try to get Infinia?
It still good if you can get.

Try Plat. Travel also which helps you Taj Hotel vouchers for your travel.
I was thinking to transfer them to Club Vistara, where I think we can keep miles for 3 years. Does this seems fine?
Chose club vistara because I am frequent domestic traveller.

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You can shift rent to Atlas, better reward rate, but it won't be counted in annual milestone. You can shift advance tax to Atlas, will lead you to at least the Gold tier. Also, since you have advance tax, do you also have GST payments? You can use your IDFCFirst Wealth card for that.

You can shift advance tax to Atlas, will lead you to at least the Gold tier. Also, since you have advance tax, do you also have GST payments? You can use your IDFCFirst Wealth card for that.
No, I do have GST number but don't have to pay any gst.
Does Atlas give rp for advance tax/ govt transaction? I didn't find anything in t&c

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
No, I do have GST number but don't have to pay any gst.
Does Atlas give rp for advance tax/ govt transaction? I didn't find anything in t&c
Yes, I have taken Atlas recently for advance tax only. Maybe it won't last for long. Hoping to complete maximum spends in this quarter in order to reach high Atlas tier before devaluation happens.

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Today itself I paid 1 lac advance tax with IDFC wealth :(
IDFCFirst Wealth is not bad, but if you're using it for Advance Tax, try to pay higher amounts in lumpsum. For example, the amount you paid will get you returns of around 2.2%. But say, if you had paid 1.5 lakhs, it would give returns of 2.3%. I know it is small things, but you are paying charges for paying advance tax, if your quarterly outgo is supposed to be 1.5 lakhs, just pay it in one go, at least for IDFCFirst Wealth card because first 30k you get only 6X points (1.5% returns).

Riya

TF Ace
I too need some help in this regard...

My portfolio is:

1. Amex MRCC
  2. HDFC Millenia
  3. ICICI Sapphiro, APay, Platinum & Rupay
  4. BoB Premier
  5. IndusInd Legend & Rupay
  6. IDFC Classic
  7. Citibank Cashback
  8. SBI Cashback
  9. Kotak League
  10. PNB Platinum
  11. One Card
  12. Axis MyZone
  13. RBL Savemax
  14. Yes Bank finbooster
My expenses this year:

1. Utilities ~ 1.6L
  2. Insurance ~ 3.3L
  3. Education ~ 1.0L
  4. Misc expenses ~ 50k
How to maximise the reward rate and what cards to pursue which can offer better returns on these expenses

techt

TF Legend
I too need some help in this regard...

My portfolio is:

1. Amex MRCC
  2. HDFC Millenia
  3. ICICI Sapphiro, APay, Platinum & Rupay
  4. BoB Premier
  5. IndusInd Legend & Rupay
  6. IDFC Classic
  7. Citibank Cashback
  8. SBI Cashback
  9. Kotak League
  10. PNB Platinum
  11. One Card
  12. Axis MyZone
  13. RBL Savemax
  14. Yes Bank finbooster
My expenses this year:

1. Utilities ~ 1.6L
  2. Insurance ~ 3.3L
  3. Education ~ 1.0L
  4. Misc expenses ~ 50k
How to maximise the reward rate and what cards to pursue which can offer better returns on these expenses
Mam,
Wherever possible keep using amazon wallet loaded with agvs bought by sbi cb. This itself covers online purchases to 5%.

Close IDFC classic and get wealth cc for better rewards on govt services like taxes, education.

Riya

TF Ace
Mam,
Wherever possible keep using amazon wallet loaded with agvs bought by sbi cb. This itself covers online purchases to 5%.

Close IDFC classic and get wealth cc for better rewards on govt services like taxes, education.
IDFC wealth gives how much on taxes and wealth expenses...