• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Virtual UPI card approved while having no other cards active.

cryoengine

TF Premier
I messed up big time today.
I closed my HDFC moneyback and tata neu card 2 months ago in January, in hopes of getting millennia as pre-approved. I was also getting notifications for Rupay floater card since November, but ignored it till today.
Today, out of boredom I clicked it in Payzapp and it showed a shared limit with my closed Hdfc card. I thought, hmm, this is not right, let me try clicking "get the card now". It didn't ask for any confirmation and just generated the card instantly. 🤦‍♂️

Lost 2 months of progress in getting a pre-approved offer. Now I don't even want millennia since I have SBI CB card. Thinking about just giving up on millennia and keeping this Virtual card for offers. What do you guys think?

cryoengine

TF Premier
Okay. If you decide to keep it then request for millennia later when your limit is above 1L and good spends.
Yeah maybe, but I don't understand how it is going to work. On which category this card would be classified? Core? floater? Trash? :ROFLMAO:

I am even thinking of asking hdfc to reactivate my old card. Doubt it's gonna work though. I am just kicking myself for being impatient. A good lesson I taught myself.

Maybe I will just keep it and see how this progresses.