• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[Discussion] HDFC UPI RuPay Card is given LTF

dvader

TF Premier
Hi Guys/Gals,

Please take this post as a matter of discussion and not as a matter of fact. I am just giving my findings and experience.

I hold an HDFC preferred account (just stating the variables, don't know if it has any bearing). I have an HDFC Regalia and Diners Priv Card.
My brother holds an add-on preferred account. Not salary. He has HDFC moneyback CC

Now I saw a festive season offer for HDFC UPI RuPay CC (99+GST) and applied and got the card in 1 min (20th October). My brother did the same and got his card. The RM is a friend so I filled up the employee details in the application \("Are you helped by an HDFC representative") so he would get some incentives.

In order to confirm that the card was charged at 99+GST and not 250+GST I called customer care and they told me and I quote "Sir apka UPI card LTF hai". I asked my brother to call Customer Care and the same result. I have called customer care thrice now and each time I got a confirmation that the card is LTF.

Guys, what the hell is happening? Is it because of the employee/branch/chaneel code? or cuz I have a preferred account? Can one of you try my steps and give a theory for this phenomenon?

This is the first time I have been bugged by a card being LTF.....

Last edited: