HDFC Pre-approved Card Fiasco

Chimera-san

TF Select
Opened SavingMax Account with HDFC in hopes to get the Millennia or Regalia Credit Card in May.

1668954307657.png

Few months later I got notification offer in netbanking and email for pre-approved offers MoneyBack+ card, with Indian Oil and Tata Neu with a limit upto 50000. Didn't apply waited, got unconditional LTF for the same, didn't apply as I wanted the Millenia or the Regalia as LTF, got calls from Local Branch Bank employee and other HDFC bank employees telling me time after time to apply as it is LTF, or they would upgrade after I applied but have to provide income proofs.

Few days ago got notification for LTF Millennia with limit upto 1.50lacs, finally, opened through netbanking and also email on PC, but it showed spend base reversal and not LTF. Tried for a week, it always showed spend based but in the email it was showing LTF and I knew it was not their usual misleading ad. Saw some posts or comment on the forum saying they tried the same but in their mobile phone, and voila it showed LTF and 1500 voucher instantly applied.

Now, hoping they don't deny the LTF.

Attachments

• Offer.jpg
    Offer.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 105
  • LTF Millennia.jpg
    LTF Millennia.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 106
  • Card done.jpg
    Card done.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 101

Chimera-san

TF Select
How was the spending pattern where you spent the most on which sites, and how much balance did you maintain? Did you use up most or a debit card?
They won't deny LTF. Congrats for the card. Do update your average mab & spending pattern in brief
I kept an average MAB of 1Lacs, spending were mostly UPI merchant payments, cred UPI credit card payments, and paid Axis bank credit bill 3 times(single card for 3 months).

Patil007

TF Ace
Opened SavingMax Account with HDFC in hopes to get the Millennia or Regalia Credit Card in May.

1668954307657.png

Few months later I got notification offer in netbanking and email for pre-approved offers MoneyBack+ card, with Indian Oil and Tata Neu with a limit upto 50000. Didn't apply waited, got unconditional LTF for the same, didn't apply as I wanted the Millenia or the Regalia as LTF, got calls from Local Branch Bank employee and other HDFC bank employees telling me time after time to apply as it is LTF, or they would upgrade after I applied but have to provide income proofs.

Few days ago got notification for LTF Millennia with limit upto 1.50lacs, finally, opened through netbanking and also email on PC, but it showed spend base reversal and not LTF. Tried for a week, it always showed spend based but in the email it was showing LTF and I knew it was not their usual misleading ad. Saw some posts or comment on the forum saying they tried the same but in their mobile phone, and voila it showed LTF and 1500 voucher instantly applied.

Yes, HDFC does this. Muje bhi LTF bolke paid card chipka diya 😒

prabanomics

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

1668954307657.png

I had the same doubt and mailed customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com first to confirm... They denied saying the card is chargeable despite the email showing no annual/renewal charges.. on escalation to grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com got confirmation email stating that the card is lifetime free.. you can write to them directly and get it confirmed..

Chimera-san

TF Select
I had the same doubt and mailed customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com first to confirm... They denied saying the card is chargeable despite the email showing no annual/renewal charges.. on escalation to grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com got confirmation email stating that the card is lifetime free.. you can write to them directly and get it confirmed..
Ya, I already received the credit card. It has no pending/over-standing charges applied to it, so it seems to be LTF. Also, "customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com" mostly reply with a copypasta reply without checking. So, I always email directly to "grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com".

RevEng

TF Select
Ya, I already received the credit card. It has no pending/over-standing charges applied to it, so it seems to be LTF. Also, "customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com" mostly reply with a copypasta reply without checking. So, I always email directly to "grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com".
I am in the same situation (Pre-approved Unconditional LTF + 1500 Gift Card, Savings Max Account)

Customer care on phone is saying that the card is chargeable and if I don't meet the spend-based criteria in 90 days, joining fees will be charged in 4th statement.

Mailed 1st level support, got the same copy-pasta after 7 days. Escalated it to grievance, they again asked to wait for 7days which will be too late to avail the 1500 gift voucher offer.

I am planning to not activate the card if they deny LTF.

Is this something that can be taken up to RBI ombudsman, like misleading sale of credit cards?

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Its so confusing, firstly they said it was a paid card and that i can convert it to LTF with 1 lakh spends in 90 days or turning on smartpay. Then after asking them the procedure, they said it was processed LTF already, then again I got a call from an executive stating the same. To avoid further confusion I asked them to communicate this via Email and then they mentioned the same in the mail.
lets hope this would be the end of this.

Attachments

• 5C042125-737B-451D-986E-6E3DD4ADF4D5.jpeg
    5C042125-737B-451D-986E-6E3DD4ADF4D5.jpeg
    449.3 KB · Views: 51

Chimera-san

TF Select
Its so confusing, firstly they said it was a paid card and that i can convert it to LTF with 1 lakh spends in 90 days or turning on smartpay. Then after asking them the procedure, they said it was processed LTF already, then again I got a call from an executive stating the same. To avoid further confusion I asked them to communicate this via Email and then they mentioned the same in the mail.
lets hope this would be the end of this.
The level 1 normal CC customer support always uses a copypasta without checking if the card is LTF or not. Always email "grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com" to check.

I already received my MC world Millennia then emailed grievance team to change it to Diners variant without revoking the LTF status they did the same and already received the card.

Attachments

• 1669987336374.png
    1669987336374.png
    71.4 KB · Views: 32

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Co
The level 1 normal CC customer support always uses a copypasta without checking if the card is LTF or not. Always email "grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com" to check.
Confirmed with them too. Fortunately they had the same reply. Somehow w/o even fulfilling the spend criteria, my card is LTF though it was mentioned clearly that fee will be waived of only if spends are above 3 lakhs in year.

Attachments

• CCC3DEA5-D0F3-4D12-83BB-7FB9E4D4267F.jpeg
    CCC3DEA5-D0F3-4D12-83BB-7FB9E4D4267F.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 38
  • 98CBA6F7-0349-488B-B0F4-30098F1E1531.jpeg
    98CBA6F7-0349-488B-B0F4-30098F1E1531.jpeg
    824.9 KB · Views: 38