• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Pre-approved Card Fiasco

Chimera-san

TF Select
Opened SavingMax Account with HDFC in hopes to get the Millennia or Regalia Credit Card in May.

1668954307657.png

Few months later I got notification offer in netbanking and email for pre-approved offers MoneyBack+ card, with Indian Oil and Tata Neu with a limit upto 50000. Didn't apply waited, got unconditional LTF for the same, didn't apply as I wanted the Millenia or the Regalia as LTF, got calls from Local Branch Bank employee and other HDFC bank employees telling me time after time to apply as it is LTF, or they would upgrade after I applied but have to provide income proofs.

Few days ago got notification for LTF Millennia with limit upto 1.50lacs, finally, opened through netbanking and also email on PC, but it showed spend base reversal and not LTF. Tried for a week, it always showed spend based but in the email it was showing LTF and I knew it was not their usual misleading ad. Saw some posts or comment on the forum saying they tried the same but in their mobile phone, and voila it showed LTF and 1500 voucher instantly applied.

Now, hoping they don't deny the LTF.

Attachments

• Offer.jpg
    Offer.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 107
  • LTF Millennia.jpg
    LTF Millennia.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 108
  • Card done.jpg
    Card done.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 103

chinmay

TF Select
The level 1 normal CC customer support always uses a copypasta without checking if the card is LTF or not. Always email "grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com" to check.

I already received my MC world Millennia then emailed grievance team to change it to Diners variant without revoking the LTF status they did the same and already received the card.
Hi, any reason why you opted for Millenia Diners over Mastercard?

Does it have any added benefits? As usually Diners acceptance is lower than Visa/MC right?

Chimera-san

TF Select
Hi, any reason why you opted for Millenia Diners over Mastercard?

Does it have any added benefits? As usually Diners acceptance is lower than Visa/MC right?
Opted for Millennia Diners due to it giving you access to more lounges as compared to Visa/MC.
Source: https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/pay/cards/millennia-cards/millennia-cc-new (Check the lounge access section)

Also, as for acceptance, Millennia is mostly online use credit card with it's cashback benefits, and I won't be using to for any offline purchases. So, the Diners acceptance issues is not a problem here.

chinmay

TF Select
Opted for Millennia Diners due to it giving you access to more lounges as compared to Visa/MC.
Source: https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/pay/cards/millennia-cards/millennia-cc-new (Check the lounge access section)

Also, as for acceptance, Millennia is mostly online use credit card with it's cashback benefits, and I won't be using to for any offline purchases. So, the Diners acceptance issues is not a problem here.
Ah that’s nice, even I just applied yesterday for pre-approved LTF Millenia.

The portal showed MC as variant. I’ll also mail them once I receive the card to convert it to Diners.

If possible, can you share the email format which you sent them asking to convert the variant?

Chimera-san

TF Select
Ah that’s nice, even I just applied yesterday for pre-approved LTF Millenia.

The portal showed MC as variant. I’ll also mail them once I receive the card to convert it to Diners.

If possible, can you share the email format which you sent them asking to convert the variant?
To: grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com
Sub: Card Variant Change

Greetings,

I have a LTF Millenia Credit Card of Mastercard variant, I want it to be changed to the Millenia Diners Club variant without the LTF status getting revoked.

Kindly, please change the variant from Mastercard to Diners Club.

Customer ID:
Bank Account No:
Account Holder:
Last 4 digit of Credit Card Number:
Phone Number:

Thanks & Regards,