• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC offering Infinia against investment - is it worth it?

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
while doing this you would know where AXIS stands in comparison to other Banks…
Exactly my point, for me Axis stands at a good place and my issues have been taken care of always. While with HDFC, it's a long battle and no resolution. But your view may differ about these banks.

Frankly, I am not a finance guru or someone who can judge at a micro level. I would rather be happy with creating judgements from my own experiences. I can't judge a bank from others opinion, as Always it's subjective.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Absolutely

I tend to disagree on this. Probably I am not getting your pov.

Exactly
My POV is simple
Cards have 2 types of benefits , spend based and non spend based

For non spend based , there are 100's of cards providing the same old benefits like lounge , golf , etc
For spend based benefits , one needs to spend and if one doesn't has that kinds of spends then the rewards are pretty basic , accelerated points just capped to 7500 miles which seems like a joke for a card which is claimed as the best rewarding card in India , Magnus Burgundy or Plat Charge where in gives unlined accelerated points under the monthly milestone and reward xcelerator respectively.

When I started with my credit card journey I too was enticed by the whims of Infinia as marketed by the so called social media influencer , but once I learnt the game with Magnus and other Amex cards , I can clearly say for spend based benefits none can beat the axis cards ( but you will need to bear with Axis ) or Amex ( for a more peaceful environment 🙂)

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Please refer to my above updated post…

At the end of the day, given a situation how do we maximise our returns which suits our personal financial situation, financial goals, finances opportunities we get . There is nothing right or wrong
No rewards can justify this Period.
Doing an investment for a credit card is a strictly no from my side
No matter the even if it gave rewards as high as MB

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Exactly my point, for me Axis stands at a good place and my issues have been taken care of always. While with HDFC, it's a long battle and no resolution. But your view may differ about these banks.

Frankly, I am not a finance guru or someone who can judge at a micro level. I would rather be happy with creating judgements from my own experiences. I can't judge a bank from others opinion, as Always it's subjective.
Absolutely I had a good relation with Axis , HDFC has a laid back attitude doesn't really care about their customer.

The tech at Axis is no doubt not that great, but Axis needs to be appraised for giving a product which change the entire game of rewards with credit cards in Indian market . That was a bold step indeed

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My POV is simple

For non spend based , there are 100's of cards providing the same old benefits like lounge , golf , etc
For spend based benefits , one needs to spend and if one doesn't has that kinds of spends then the rewards are pretty basic , accelerated points just capped to 7500 miles which seems like a joke for a card which is claimed as the best rewarding card in India , Magnus Burgundy or Plat Charge where in gives unlined accelerated points under the monthly milestone and reward xcelerator respectively.

When I started with my credit card journey I too was enticed by the whims of Infinia as marketed by the so called social media influencer , but once I learnt the game with Magnus and other Amex cards , I can clearly say for spend based benefits none can beat the axis cards ( but you will need to bear with Axis ) or Amex ( for a more peaceful environment 🙂)
I think we need to hold a poll and discussion with people holding CCs of Infinia, Axis M4B/Atlas and Amex and who is using which card the most. I think there is a good chance that Infinia is being used least because of no milestone benefits.

kshitij_0

TF Ace
My POV is simple

My POV is pretty simple. I just rotate to earn. No spending for/on myself. Live a very humble life but try to earn maximum from anywhere in the exchange of time. Ofc involved in only those things which has a better value for my time as time is the only constant.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I think we need to hold a poll and discussion with people holding CCs of Infinia, Axis M4B/Atlas and Amex and who is using which card the most. I think there is a good chance that Infinia is being used least because of no milestone benefits.
Infinia is being used only for those Tanishq and Apple vouchers
Apart from that there is absolutely no usecase , for direct airlines people choose Atlas or plat charge ( Air India 10x ).

For normal spends again Atlas or Plat travel
For advance tax it's again Atlas , or IDFC cards

And for cashback , people don't find anything better than Sbi Cashback, ace , or IDFC wealth

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
My POV is pretty simple. I just rotate to earn. No spending for/on myself. Lives a very humble life but try to earn maximum from anywhere in the exchange of time. Ofc involved in only those things which has a better value for my time as time is the only constant.
For rotate and earn , HDFC cards again are pretty useless

kshitij_0

TF Ace
Infinia is best in Amazon/Flipkart vouchers. All other things are manageable.

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Infinia is being used only for those Tanishq and Apple vouchers
Apart from that there is absolutely no usecase , for direct airlines people choose Atlas or plat charge ( Air India 10x ).

For normal spends again Atlas or Plat travel
For advance tax it's again Atlas , or IDFC cards

And for cashback , people don't find anything better than Sbi Cashback, ace , or IDFC wealth
Yup. Infinia is great for non-spend based benefits like unlimited PP lounge access including add-ons, and also for some benefits like ITC 1+1 buffet. Just used this ITC benefit last week BTW, was fantastic. But for spend based benefits, every since they introduced 3% charges on APay vouchers, it has been a deal breaker for me and many others.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Yup. Infinia is great for non-spend based benefits like unlimited PP lounge access including add-ons, and also for some benefits like ITC 1+1 buffet. Just used this ITC benefit last week BTW, was fantastic. But for spend based benefits, every since they introduced 3% charges on APay vouchers, it has been a deal breaker for me and many others.
For non spend based the benefits are at par with other cards , DCB also gives lounge access for both primary , secondary
Axis Magnus gives Airport concierge
Icici Emeralde gives Airport spa
Etc etc

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
But GC and MRCC has a very low limit.
Not sure about Infinia but I think you can buy a pretty good amount of Vouchers with them.
With Amex you can buy any amount of vouchers
You just need to use a different mobile and email.
The points are linked to the card and not the account so you would get points
And the normal limit is 25k

kshitij_0

TF Ace
With Amex you can buy any amount of vouchers
You just need to use a different mobile and email.
The points are linked to the card and not the account so you would get points
And the normal limit is 25k
I am talking about 20k in MRCC and 1k*6 in GC. Beyond this also are they beneficial?

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
For non spend based the benefits are at par with other cards , DCB also gives lounge access for both primary , secondary
Axis Magnus gives Airport concierge
Icici Emeralde gives Airport spa
Etc etc
True true, M4B still much ahead in non-spend based benefits. Infinia should have got airport concierge by now, they have lagged in the game. Even IDFCFirst Wealth gives Airport Spa right?

It's just a good sport to hold onto all of them and use all benefits available. Make hay while the sun shines.