• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC offering Infinia against investment - is it worth it?

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Same will be the case with Infinia Reserve too when it is launched. Its a money making business after all.

Banks cannot just give you lucrative offers if they are not getting anything in return.

You give some and you take some is the moral of the story.
But here the question is what is that lucrative offer ?

TBH I don't find anything highly rewarding in Infinia
It's a simple mediocre product and you can never get returns like any of the axis cards

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
It's a simple mediocre product and you can never get returns like any of the axis cards
Only to get redemption account blocked and asked to produce invoices even for a transaction in hundreds there by humiliating the customers…

Please don’t compare anything with AXIS..
It is not always about rewards that count…
Relationship, respect, valuing customer, dependability, trustworthiness…also count in my view..
how humiliating for any customer for getting their accounts blocked in especially premium segments…

Last edited:

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Only to get redemption account blocked and asked to produce invoices even for a transaction in hundreds there by humiliating the customers…

Relationship, respect, valuing customer, dependability, trustworthiness…also count in my view..
how humiliating for any customer for getting their accounts blocked in especially a premium segments…
Fair point
Leave Axis , I don't find Infinia rewarding against the Amex products too atleast for me.

I would take plat travel against getting Infinia.
If I get Infinia that would be no condition LTF , as per me it's not something I would pay for atleast after the recent devaluation..

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge

how humiliating for any customer for getting their accounts blocked in especially a premium segments…
Premium segment customers should check their Bills for the past 4 months and share them with Axis - I am sure RPs only matter to such premium segment customers- not respect and other fundamental aspects around customer relationship

bsc0008

TF Select
Contributor

This exactly is the reason, I still believe in HDFC & Amex even though got irritated with HDFC in multiple other things. Atleast they're consistent & reliable. Instead from what I've seen most of the banks act like they're in Beta mode, tinkering the rules frequently.
At the end of the day, I started to think that the TIME spend on all this calculations, chasing the customer care, arguing with those guys to explain the genuineness of the spends is not that much worth than the benefits of the high rewarding cards.

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

I have spent genuine 20 lacs in last 4 months. No points blocked or no email received.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have spent genuine 20 lacs in last 4 months. No points blocked or no email received.
It is you only..
How many others got the notices..
You have to take the things on the whole

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I would take plat travel against getting Infinia.
If I get Infinia that would be no condition LTF , as per me it's not something I would pay for atleast after the recent devaluation..
That is you..
Anyway Plat travel in its current form, is definitely a good one in its segment and you never know when it's due for devaluation.
It seems it is sooner than later as per rumours.
Anyway plat travel and Infinia are not Apple to Apple comparisons.

Riya

TF Ace
I read in this forum that we can get Infinia by investment route. I enquired about it with bank. They are offering Infinia if I invest 1.5 Lakh/year (earlier they were demanding 2 Lakh/year, but when I declined they came down to 1.5, and now they are eager to sell the policy, calling multiple times a day saying they got approval for Infinia). They are saying I can surrender the policy after 3 years and get the money back. I have few questions: How much money I will get back if I surrender the policy after 3 years (they are claiming I will get back 6-6.5 lakhs) ?
Is it worth it to invest 1.5 Lakh to get Infinia? I have Regalia Gold.
Thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.
Note: Infinia offered is not LTF. They are claiming RBI made some rules, so they cannot offer LTF for super premium cards.
Policy offered is Sampoorna Jeevan
They are just honeypotting you... When you'll go for cancellation, they'll quote some stupid rule no 9 claus 10 that you'll get only so and so amount...
FDR tak thik tha but sstay miles away from these endowment policies ... I'm regretting myself

techt

TF Legend
It is you only..
How many others got the notices..
You have to take the things on the whole
Even for non prem cards like Airtel too, they goofed up. They mixed non-airtel to airtel and ceiled all the max cashback to 300.

Ex : Airtel bill ~1000 INR ----> 25% = 250
non airtel bills ~4000 INR ----> 10% but ceil of 300 = 300

Ideally, it should reward 250+300= 550 INR

But they put everything in one bowl and rewarded 300 INR.

Somehow, here the coder goofed up variables.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Even for non prem cards like Airtel too, they goofed up. They mixed non-airtel to airtel and ceiled all the max cashback to 300.

Ex : Airtel bill ~1000 INR ----> 25% = 250
non airtel bills ~4000 INR ----> 10% but ceil of 300 = 300

Ideally, it should reward 250+300= 550 INR

But they put everything in one bowl and rewarded 300 INR.

Somehow, here the coder goofed up variables.
See, for this we need to go back to basics…
As they say in relationships, once a cheater, always a cheater…
Basic fundamental rules always stay relevant at anytime for anyone.. some of them..
1) Honesty
2) Integrity
3)trustworthiness
4)transparency
Etc…
These always count in any type of relationship…

Why I cited about premium relationship, we lose big in premium segment compared to others

Remember , once a cheater always a cheater..

I implement / follow these basics everywhere, including this forum..
Once I found that someone don’t meet the above criteria, I just block them and move on.. no need to waste our valuable time on those..
In their view they are right, but if it doesn’t suit me, I just move on..
I don’t like confrontation, I am a smooth operator

Last edited:

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
F
See, for this we need to go back to basics…
As they say in relationships, once a cheater, always a cheater…
Basic fundamental rules always stay relevant at anytime for anyone.. some of them..
1) Honesty
2) Integrity
3)trustworthiness
4)transparency
Etc…
These always count in any type of relationship…

Why I cited about premium relationship, we lose big in premium segment compared to others

Remember , once a cheater always a cheater..

I implement / follow these basics everywhere, including this forum..
Once I found that someone don’t meet the above criteria, I just block them and move on.. no need to waste our valuable time on those..
In their view they are right, but if it doesn’t suit me, I just move on..
I don’t like confrontation, I am a smooth operator
Frankly, you may have good experience with one bank and other person's experience can be pathetic. This is common. My experience with HDFC has been absolutely worst ever. Other person may have had a good experience with them. It's all subjective

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
F

Frankly, you may have good experience with one bank and other person's experience can be pathetic. This is common. My experience with HDFC has been absolutely worst ever. Other person may have had a good experience with them. It's all subjective
Even though you are absolutely right about YMMV factor,
As I said before, when we want to give some advice/ form an opinion about any organisation, we need to look into the things in a broader spectrum..
while doing this you would know where AXIS stands in comparison to other Banks…

BTW. I never had any bad experience with AXIS..
Or as a matter of fact, with any other banks as well…

How I achieved the above, I see the things in a wholistic view.. I don’t wait bad things to happen to me. I take others experiences also into consideration and form a realistic opinion and act accordingly.. By doing this , we can be more practical and in a better position to advise someone more clearly…
Bigger picture… vs micro management, we need to consider right concept for right things at right time..

Last edited:

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
That is you..
Anyway Plat travel in its current form, is definitely a good one in its segment and you never know when it's due for devaluation.
It seems it is sooner than later as per rumours.
Anyway plat travel and Infinia are not Apple to Apple comparisons.
That was just a reference in terms of rewards.
But I think we are deviating from the topic

The Topic was is it Ok to get Infinia via ULIP route or not.

And for that it doesn't matter even if Infinia was the best rewarding card , Every investment that we do should be done strategically , the bonuses like Infinia shouldn't be a driving agent. If you want to do a ULIP with hdfc and they give you Infinia or Infinia reserve then there is no harm , but if you are doing the ULIP only to get Infinia doesn't make sense.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Coming Back to the OP's question . The evry fact that you raised this question means that you are not interested in their ULIP product rather it's only to be done for getting Infinia.

If you were to take my opinion , I would say don't do it , it's not wise to invest even 1 Rs without proper planning.

But if you are into the Infinia Fan Club , then go ahead at the end it's your money and if that gives you happiness then why not 😂😂😂

kshitij_0

TF Ace
This whole forum and community has no purpose then. This community is for healthy discussion, may be for or against, but your point about money is absolutely in bad taste.

It's not about having money or not but discussion about a investment decision. And if you don't want to be part of this discussion, press ignore button.
Absolutely
And to be one honest , if one doesn't have that kind of organic spends , Infinia won't be rewarding.
I tend to disagree on this. Probably I am not getting your pov.
Doing an FD of 30 lakhs just to get Burgundy Magnus is insane as per me.
Axis gives one of the lowest interests on FD.
Exactly

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Every investment that we do should be done strategically , the bonuses like Infinia shouldn't be a driving agent. If you want to do a ULIP with hdfc and they give you Infinia or Infinia reserve then there is no harm , but if you are doing the ULIP only to get Infinia doesn't make sense.
This is very valid, the driving factor should be the right choice.
ULIP is one of my investments in my diversified portfolio which has some element of Insurance and tax benefits which also provides me the following side benefits as stated in one of my previous posts…

1710318037579.png

Last edited:

kshitij_0

TF Ace
If your spend pattern is such that hdfc infinia + ulip gives you good return compared to equity market . Apply for infinia . Which is highly unlikely
Exactly ....pretty simple idea.
We can include post maturity Tax benefits (this thing is sold in ULIPs which is a proper Gimmick) also. Then also Equity/even good mutual funds are better overall.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
This is very valid, the driving factor should be the right choice.
ULIP is one of my investments in my diversified portfolio which has some element of Insurance and tax benefits which also provides me the following side benefits as stated in one of my previous posts…
I am not against ulip investments , I am against the intent ,
Every one is not into complete equity and I respect that , but doing investments for a credit card is a big NO
And it goes against every single financial principle

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I am not against ulip investments , I am against the intent ,
Every one is not into complete equity and I respect that , but doing investments for a credit card is a big NO
And it goes against every single financial principle
Please refer to my above updated post…

At the end of the day, given a situation how do we maximise our returns which suits our personal financial situation, financial goals, finances opportunities we get . There is nothing right or wrong