• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC not reporting credit limit to CIBIL

CC_Fetish

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Is it just me or are others noticing that banks are not reporting the credit card balances to CIBIL every month. I think they are doing it bi-monthly now. Most of my credit card accounts show reported month of Jan.
P.S. I have cibil membership. So i keep checking my report bi-weekly.

Solution
No, actually. High credit is the highest amount of credit limit has been used. The primary measurement factor, which is the credit limit provided by the bank, will not be present.
It'll help on one thing only, when banks will pull out credit report, they'll be able to estimate your credit limit provided to your card

kochiro

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Here's a simple trick. I spent entire 1 lac on my limit before 30th/31st. Make sure not to go even a rupee more than that else you will have to pay overlimit charge. Cancelled those orders and volla, highest limit in cibil while not having any financial burden.

Karthik:

TF Premier
No, actually. High credit is the highest amount of credit limit has been used. The primary measurement factor, which is the credit limit provided by the bank, will not be present.
It'll help on one thing only, when banks will pull out credit report, they'll be able to estimate your credit limit provided to your card
You mean to say High credit is not the basis for calculating credit utilisation ratio but only the credit limit and HDFC does report credit limit but the same does not reflect in credit report like other bank's CC limit is reflected ? @Subhankar please clarify.

Last edited:

Anon1

TF Premier
Here's a simple trick. I spent entire 1 lac on my limit before 30th/31st. Make sure not to go even a rupee more than that else you will have to pay overlimit charge. Cancelled those orders and volla, highest limit in cibil while not having any financial burden.
is it reflecting still same as 1lakh as high credit for every month?

pradeepG

TF Premier
what or where did you order which is cancellable? apart from that any more suggestions how 2L - 2.5L can be consumed via this trick.

pradeepG

TF Premier
You never cancelled a parcel before :/
cancelled, (dont use flipkart much) but some items needs OTP and some dont (usually high value packets need OTP). my concern is if it is delivered without OTP then may be delivery agent mark as delivered. OR someone(family member or guard etc) might collect ony behalf and i then have to pay that huge amount. although i can ask all in family but can guarantee of guard etc. so was calculating risk via analyzing procedure.