• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Credit Cards HDFC Millenia giving 5% cashback on EMI purchases through AMAZON ?

lucifer69

TF Premier
Hi Members,
Greetings for the day,
I just received my statement for HDFC Milennia and as usual, I was going through a cashback comparison, and to my surprise for some reason I think I've got 5% cashback for my EMI purchase ( I'm suspecting this ). I'm attaching the screenshots and calculations. Is it something I'm doing wrong or HDFC is being generous enough to give 5% cashback on EMI through AMZ.
Another thing is noticed is either my HDFC reported my smartbuy cashback under 5% rather than 1% spends or they've stopped giving 1% on it.
Here are the screenshots :

1692594756706.png

Page 2
1692594808616.png

Next Statement for August :

1692594883419.png

Now, As per my calculations: These will be how the cashback should be falling.
5% spends 8,637 --> 431.85
1% spends 13,425 --> 134.25
( EMI from AMZ) should've fallen under 1% ( IMO ) 44786 --> 447

Total : 431.85+134.25+447 --> 1013.1

This is what I got :

1692595171317.png

Doubts :
1.) Where did EMI purchase fall? 1% or 5%
2.) Where's the cashback for the 10000 smartbuy AMZ voucher bought on 31st ? 5% and neglected because of CAP ?
3.) There was also a promotional voucher to get 100 back by spending 500 contactless on DMRC, It's missing ( not much concern though )
Note : I cancelled the EMI if that changes anything

lucifer69

TF Premier
All calculations seems correct

And yes HDFC gives regular Cashback applicable for that txn, for Cancelled EMI txns too.

Tested and verifed by me many times.

This is a plus point of HDFC, over any other Bank.
Thanks for the information. That's a new thing I learned today. Meanwhile, Should I reach out to them regarding the 31st smart buy transaction ( 10K ) I didn't receive cashback for or let it go as I've received more than I assumed anyways.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Prestige
Thanks for the information. That's a new thing I learned today. Meanwhile, Should I reach out to them regarding the 31st smart buy transaction ( 10K ) I didn't receive cashback for or let it go as I've received more than I assumed anyways.
But in CashBack Summary,

For July it is showing total 550.

500 for 10k txn
And 50 for 1k txn ?

So which Cashback you missed ?

lucifer69

TF Premier
That 1% is missing Because you did the txn on last day of the month.

HDFC consider only Settlement date for Calculating Regular Cashback as per Card features.

That txn will be considered as Aug'23 Txn.
Oh, Thank you so much. It's good this way as I'll be getting the 5% cb for the two Amazon transactions done on the 31st as well which would've been gone to 0 because of Cap. Thanks a lot, It cleared all my doubts.