• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Millennia HDFC Diners Millenia EMI Cancellation Issue

EasyMoney

TF Buzz
I made a transaction of 72k on Poorvika on 7th Oct as a no-cost EMI. But still, the EMI is not reported on the account & the transaction is still like a regular transaction.

I want to cancel it when it is reported. But so far reporting hasn't happened.

I checked with the HDFC team & they are saying it will be done by the merchant end & they don't have anything to do with it, so I need to connect with the Merchant. When I got in touch with the Merchant, they said that they don't have anything to do with this & we will be passing the type of transaction at the time of transition itself, so check with the Bank.

I'm stuck now, Has anyone faced a similar situation either with this merchant or any other merchant? If Yes, how did you resolve it?

My statement date is tomorrow, if the statement is generated with this amount then, does that mean this will be closed as a regular transaction or will they have an option to change this into an EMI in future?

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Send a mail and ask HDFC how much you need to pay if EMI gets converted after stmt generation.. this way you have proof in case you get charged interest in future

There is a similar thread, please try finding it (I dont know the title, but read something similar 1 week back)

shrewdoc

TF Ace
Also, if the Bill is generated, you gotta pay the bill amount, no matter what happens next. Recommend you to pay it now so that the emi conversion doesn't happen later. You got your wish without doing anything.