• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC is offering 8.50% rate for Home Loan Balance Transfer

vaibhavpp0707

TF Premier
Hi Everyone,
I am looking for my home loan balance transfer. Currently my home loan is running with 9.10% ROI with Axis Bank. And HDFC is running offer with 8.50% (this rate is after latest repo rate increase of March 1st) till 31st March. Should I go with HDFC. Anyone here with HDFC home loan please share ur experience or I need to go with PSU banks like SBI, BOB with slight higher ROI like 8.90%?

caabhi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi Everyone,
I am looking for my home loan balance transfer. Currently my home loan is running with 9.10% ROI with Axis Bank. And HDFC is running offer with 8.50% (this rate is after latest repo rate increase of March 1st) till 31st March. Should I go with HDFC. Anyone here with HDFC home loan please share ur experience or I need to go with PSU banks like SBI, BOB with slight higher ROI like 8.90%?
You can try negotiating with axis to lower the ROI. If it doesn't work out, you can seek other options.

Hemu

TF Buzz
Try to get home loan from any PSU and I recommend a big NO to HDFC. HDFC will give discounted rate for first 3months for new customers and you will be charged more than their website stats later. You have to pay extra money each time to match their website ROI and they will never reduce your ROI until you make noise.

vaibhavpp0707

TF Premier
Try to get home loan from any PSU and I recommend a big NO to HDFC. HDFC will give discounted rate for first 3months for new customers and you will be charged more than their website stats later. You have to pay extra money each time to match their website ROI and they will never reduce your ROI until you make noise.
Thank you for sharing this info. BOB is also offering me 8.50%. So I am going with BOB HL.

Sanskar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi Everyone,
Before transferring you have to calculate that is, 0.60% less interest rate, is actually beneficial for you or not.
Because there will be other financial charges as well like processing fee, and foreclosure charges.

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
any bank which doesnt charge conversion fees when rates go down?

vaibhavpp0707

TF Premier
Before transferring you have to calculate that is, 0.60% less interest rate, is actually beneficial for you or not.
Because there will be other financial charges as well like processing fee, and foreclosure charges.
yes I have done all the calculations. It still gives benefit after deducting all the charges.

catcat

TF Select
This rate of 8.50% - it is repo linked or MCLR linked? If it is the latter, perhaps its better to stick with your current provider. I have a home loan from Kotak at 9.05% (6.50 + 2.55). In Rajasthan, even with 0 balance transfer fees, you end op paying 0.35 - 0.40% on stamp duty. Even a cut of 0.25% will take more than a year to recover.

techsearch

TF Select
SBI reduced my home loan rate from 9.5 to 8.85 when i told them that i am transferring to other banks as they are offering 8.6.

I had to follow up couple of times and finally they did it.

Reactions: kjs

paresh22

TF Ace
I have question here, those who have transferred homeloan, how much years you got guarantee of this lower interest rate? will it not again start increasing with increase in reporate?