• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC experience and suggestion

tchawla2

TF Buzz
Its more of a rant btw.
So I have been a HDFC credit card holder for around 7 years. I used to hold HDFC Times card. Got it when I didn’t have much knowledge about credit cards and just wanted a HDFC card.
Then I applied for Tata Neu Infinity when it came out and got it LTF.
My current limit was around 8.5 lakhs for HDFC.
But I wanted Regalia Gold and I knew HDFC didn’t allow two core cards so I closed my Times card and applied for Regalia Gold. Turned out they don’t approve core cards with floater cards. Waited some time and closed my NeuCard too last month to get the core card. And guess what, they declined the application again. Now I am left with no HDFC card.
I already have home loan, auto loan and preferred banking account with them. But this incident has made me really fed up with them.

Though I have sent an email to them asking for the clarification on card rejection. I have zero hopes. Anyone know any other workarounds to still get the card approved?

s1t2y3a3m6

TF Premier
Its more of a rant btw.
So I have been a HDFC credit card holder for around 7 years. I used to hold HDFC Times card. Got it when I didn’t have much knowledge about credit cards and just wanted a HDFC card.
Then I applied for Tata Neu Infinity when it came out and got it LTF.
My current limit was around 8.5 lakhs for HDFC.
But I wanted Regalia Gold and I knew HDFC didn’t allow two core cards so I closed my Times card and applied for Regalia Gold. Turned out they don’t approve core cards with floater cards. Waited some time and closed my NeuCard too last month to get the core card. And guess what, they declined the application again. Now I am left with no HDFC card.
I already have home loan, auto loan and preferred banking account with them. But this incident has made me really fed up with them.

Though I have sent an email to them asking for the clarification on card rejection. I have zero hopes. Anyone know any other workarounds to still get the card approved?
Did you apply immediate after closer ? You have to wait 3 to 6 months for same.

If online application get decline then try offline route, before applying talk to branch manager if you have good banking relationship with branch. They have some % of decisions on your application to approve.