• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Downgrade from Preferred to Standard.

its_karan

TF Ace
A little help is needed, friends.
I have four savings accounts under family banking with HDFC so 40k is struck, currently all in Preferred, each maintaining a balance of 10k with no extra funds, as all my money is invested in mutual funds.

Although I used to be a preferred customer, the bank recently sent me a mail notifying that they will downgrade all my accounts. I assume it to a standard category.

Right now no charges were being deducted as all accounts were Preferred category customer.

Now, they will downgrade so I have some Qs.

Purpose: Want to pay minimum to maintain these accounts in charges. I don't need anything from the Bank but hate unnecessary charges. Will be keeping 10k in each account.

1. What all charges will start applying after downgrade to Standard Account, other than Insta Alerts and AMB non-fulfilment, i'll close the account which is not essential?
  2. If I opt for the popular EasyShop Visa Platinum Debit card or Millenia Debit card now, should I issue it now as the charges are reversed from Preferred Category and save the the annual fee, which is around 850/600 something for 1 year, or will they charge no matter what? Right now have a Easyshop Rupay card(The 200 one).

Attachments

• Spark_Desktop_kutFtOdF4B.png
    Spark_Desktop_kutFtOdF4B.png
    88.6 KB · Views: 234
  • chrome_gKDvUEtFxv.png
    chrome_gKDvUEtFxv.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
First time I'm seeing someone getting the actual power of ULIP.

Amazon Prime Video Smile GIF by primevideoin
Let me tell you, lot of people lie and just throw away wrong facts. Don't get swayed. In the end, there is no way to know, if someone is lying. We all are matured and know what the truth is.

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Please avoid spreading mis information. ULIP is a bad investment. Period. Compare returns from ULIP with any Index linked Mutual funds (the safest type of funds as they directly follow the index) and you will know. Dont base your opinion on absolute returns as they mean nothing for comparison.
I agree. Ulip is a bad product, worse if you are hoping to recover the cost by using credit card rewards.

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It will be interesting to see how many users deactivate their accounts within 1 month, 1 year or 2 years.
I believe most of the people don't remain active for a long time. I will not be surprised if say 95% users are inactive after 12 months.

dvader

TF Premier
Let me tell you, lot of people lie and just throw away wrong facts. Don't get swayed. In the end, there is no way to know, if someone is lying. We all are matured and know what the truth is.
ULIP and Endowment Plans pulled back an entire generation of Indian middle class. Things have changed in last 15 years and for the better, and anytime I see someone trying to bring up ULIP, I feel happy that the majority isn't buying the BS.

And mixing credit cards and investment (apart from some superficial rotation and I wouldn't even recommend that) is almost always a bad Idea. Save some money, get some cashback and discount, redeem those airmiles and live ur life.

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
ULIP and Endowment Plans pulled back an entire generation of Indian middle class. Things have changed in last 15 years and for the better, and anytime I see someone trying to bring up ULIP, I feel happy that the majority isn't buying the BS.
Ulip selling & lic insurance linked with sum return
Was classic case to understand the bad impact of gov controlling things & people dependent on gov for jobs ..
Lic agent got kickback by looting own friend , family & near ones wrong plan which was never good ..