• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is Millennia debit card chargeable for Savings Max account (if I downgrade from Preferred)?

vijay.vj

TF Ace
Hi All,

I have HDFC preferred account & I'm holding millenia debit card.
Say if I downgrade to max savings (where platinum dc is free), will there be annual charges on my millenia debit card?

Millenia DC costs 500+GST
Platinum DC costs 750+GST

Since my CC bills aren't much, I kinda like Millenia for bill payments.

Thank you !

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi All,

Say if I downgrade to max savings (where platinum dc is free), will there be annual charges on my millenia debit card?

Thank you !
U can ask customer care for Millniea later it will be free

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Customer care said only platinum is free for Max Savings & Millenia is chargeable card
If u already have Millniea as u mentioned. It should continue as free.

Ask branch manager they can always help you with these expections.
They have power for even dc fees waive off but should be special case .

So try ur luck with branch manager.
Hdfc BM are nice once they know u .talk to them

Customer care can only say written policy of bank and not whats between the lines.

vijay.vj

TF Ace
If u already have Millniea as u mentioned. It should continue as free.

Ask branch manager they can always help you with these expections.
They have power for even dc fees waive off but should be special case .

So try ur luck with branch manager.
Hdfc BM are nice once they know u .talk to them

Customer care can only say written policy of bank and not whats between the lines.
Thanks, sadly my home branch is kinda far (I tried opening online, but far away branch visited home and opened account).

Will try visiting near by branch & see what they can do.

sidp

TF Ace
If you get converted to classic( amb or salary 1lk or casa balance+ fd in group id 5lk) you will get it free for sure.
If you get converted to standard banking with savings max variant, you still can get it for free. Even I enquired for this. my bm told me as the free ESP is higher variant than millenia , I can get millenia as free too.

No need to visit the branch. login the hdfc app, click menu, click at preffered. You ll get your rm's contact details. Even if it's not free, they can make it free.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
If you get converted to classic( amb or salary 1lk or casa balance+ fd in group id 5lk) you will get it free for sure.
If you get converted to standard banking with savings max variant, you still can get it for free. Even I enquired for this. my bm told me as the free ESP is higher variant than millenia , I can get millenia as free too.

No need to visit the branch. login the hdfc app, click menu, click at preffered. You ll get your rm's contact details. Even if it's not free, they can make it free.
He is downgrading

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Hi All,

Thank you !
Brother preferred is not an account variant. It is a hni programme that acts as an umbrella to protect your customer id🙂
Savings max, regular and all are account variants.
Why you want to downgrade? You don't have to necessarily maintain 2L balance. Just put the amount equal to mab req for your acc(in case you're thrown out of the hni programme, which is rare)

vijay.vj

TF Ace
Thanks a lot for suggestions.

I opened max savings initially to get Platinum DC for CC payment cashback. Another interest was Tata Infinity card
Then wanted to get some LTF cards, hence upgraded to preferred and got my RM to process Regalia Gold based on my employer who is in their top tier list.

So I made a proposal to branch BM to move my salary account to HDFC along with my existing home loans if she gets me approval for LTF infinia. She took 2 weeks of time & came back saying she can get me paid Infinia as of now. And said in future when offers are there, she can help with LTF. I don't need this card right now but in next 2 years, I will have big usage.

Meanwhile, customer care and grievance team also denied Infinity LTF saying only Tata employees can get it LTF.

So kinda feel I dont have to maintain HNI relationship with HDFC by blocking 2L amount.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Thanks a lot for suggestions.

I opened max savings initially to get Platinum DC for CC payment cashback. Another interest was Tata Infinity card
Then wanted to get some LTF cards, hence upgraded to preferred and got my RM to process Regalia Gold based on my employer who is in their top tier list.

So I made a proposal to branch BM to move my salary account to HDFC along with my existing home loans if she gets me approval for LTF infinia. She took 2 weeks of time & came back saying she can get me paid Infinia as of now. And said in future when offers are there, she can help with LTF. I don't need this card right now but in next 2 years, I will have big usage.

Meanwhile, customer care and grievance team also denied Infinity LTF saying only Tata employees can get it LTF.

So kinda feel I dont have to maintain HNI relationship with HDFC by blocking 2L amount.
Maintain 1+ lakh near quarter end ..you will be able to retain without maintaining 2 lakh all the time ..
Just enjoy ..
It won't get downgrade easily