• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC downgraded my classic account to standard without any reason

cc enjoyer

TF Buzz
Confirmed by calling their regular customer care. My number is removed from their preferred customer care number also.

I did no change from my end. It's the same salary account which still follows all requirements for classic banking like MAB etc.

What's going on HDFC? Heard they've stopped 1% on billpay also?

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
Confirmed by calling their regular customer care. My number is removed from their preferred customer care number also.

I did no change from my end. It's the same salary account which still follows all requirements for classic banking like MAB etc.

Talk to your RM or Contact your branch

helloworld

TF Legend

Just for understanding, did you got this one fine day or happened entire month.?

- Check whether Salary credited or not with Salary word in description.
- Wait atleast a month to get more clarity and confirmation.

Ofcouse, before and after this at any time you can contact branch but I think some technical issue with your account during the time you had validation. IMO.

I just checked today and out of nowhere they have downgraded me as well from Classic to Standard :') For no reason
I have maintained all the minimum requirements and it's been just 2 months since the upgrade. Ugh HDFC

talkwithfino

TF Premier
Classic preferred and imperia all have same dedicated customer support.
😂😂No no no!! That is wht everyone thinks and even I THOUGHT the same.

Let's say there are 20 people in call center; your call through 1800 202 6161 will reach these 20 people and through 1800 266 3310 (classic, preferred) will still reach these samee 20 people. I had confirmed this with Hdfc customer care a few months ago. At tht time, only Imperia had a dedicated helpdesk; and now Infiniti is added to it.

The only diff now on IVR is, there is no Chatbot/Voice Assistant who will waste your time; it will straight away take you menu, and the introduction will be 'Welcome to HDfc Bank premium customer services' , thts it.
Infinia/DCB & Imperia share same dedicated support line. As it gives option to select either of these 3 on IVR. Classic & preferred not mentioned on IVR, hence I thought these are excluded from this line.
True. But you can still connect (even if you are not a Classic/Preferred ) on 1800 102 3310 [which is for Imperia, Infi, DCB,Infinia] ; though the customer care will know you are not a Imperia customer. Whether they attend to your query/prblm or not, depends on your luck.

Spidey

TF Buzz
For those getting downgraded suddenly from HDFC Classic to Standard banking check whether your bank branch is semi-urban or rural. HDFC has launched a new program called VISHESH Banking and migrating Classic customers in semi-urban and rural branches to this program. VISHESH is similar to CLASSIC but only for semi-urban and rural branches and made CLASSIC exclusive to urban and metro branches. VISHESH is an HNI program just like CLASSIC but HDFC morons could not integrate properly in the backend. Now it's like you are under premier banking but you can't see it, you cannot feel it and probably cannot use most of the premier banking facilities. To confirm whether your account got migrated under VISHESH banking just download bank statement and see whether VISHESH written or not after account number.

Last edited:

varun__goel_

TF Legend
For those getting downgraded suddenly from HDFC Classic to Standard banking check whether your bank branch is semi-urban or rural. HDFC has launched a new program called VISHESH Banking and migrating Classic customers in semi-urban and rural branches to this program. VISHESH is similar to CLASSIC but only for semi-urban and rural branches and made CLASSIC exclusive to urban and rural branches. VISHESH is an HNI program just like CLASSIC but HDFC morons could not integrate properly in the backend. Now it's like you are under premier banking but you can't see it, you cannot feel it and probably cannot use most of the premier banking facilities. To confirm whether your account got migrated under VISHESH banking just download bank statement and see whether VISHESH written or not after account number.
Yeah just download statement, it will display your acc level.

smz

TF Select
What benefit you get from classic account/preferred/imperia. Easyshop platinum DC is anyways free with standard one
In schedule of charges for normal 10K MAB account it doesn't show "easyshop platinum DC" only. I use debit cards very very rarely. Like hardly 1 atm withdrawal/year, so wanted a low charges card for my newly opened 10k MAB HDFC account. But I faced worst experience with HDFC branch in a prominent location in Bangalore today .i visited for applying money-back/ rupay premium debit card. The people at "may I help you" have no clue that such a DC exists, even after showing bank's service charges page. First they made me block my existing millenia. And then without my consent, applied for same millenia variant DC in my phone's mobile banking app .. urgh frustrated and came out.

kjs

TF Premier
What benefit you get from classic account/preferred/imperia. Easyshop platinum DC is anyways free with standard one
True that. No benefit apart from Locker stuff and imps with preferred and imperia. These are just jargons that make you feel that u have something different than others but you are just amongst 1 in crores. Unless you dont give them business by taking loans or taking RM's shitty products you are just a stupid comman man

smz

TF Select
In schedule of charges for normal 10K MAB account it doesn't show "easyshop platinum DC" only. I use debit cards very very rarely. Like hardly 1 atm withdrawal/year, so wanted a low charges card for my newly opened 10k MAB HDFC account. But I faced worst experience with HDFC branch in a prominent location in Bangalore today .i visited for applying money-back/ rupay premium debit card. The people at "may I help you" have no clue that such a DC exists, even after showing bank's service charges page. First they made me block my existing millenia. And then without my consent, applied for same millenia variant DC in my phone's mobile banking app .. urgh frustrated and came out.
Update :- So I sent message to HDFC Facebook team. They created ticket and forwarded to home branch. Got call from home branch operations manager to visit him and submit request. Done and finally money back debit card arrived today.