• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Debit Card Fee/Charges Reversal Successful

ReloadFin

TF Buzz
Hello again,

I have Hdfc classic banking which i opted a decade ago, been using account initially but then moved to sbi, and recently i started to using hdfc a/c again.

Then i noticed there were debit card annual charges debited (each yr once) for last two years (2021 and 2022),

I gathered info and concluded that account was downgraded somewhere before charges applied and thought to give a shot to reverse these charges (750+gst = 885/yr).

Drafted email and including charges details and relationship details to their cs and acknowledgement received which states 1 week time frame for resolution, exactly a week after charges (Rs.1770/2yrs) reversed and confirmation email received next day.

I had zero hopes, even i was sure that i wouldn't reverse because account status was not premium banking but was regular.

P.S.: i had outstanding experience with hdfc (except securities team) because securities team keeps calling even after i told them not to call just WA, but yes they reduced frequency now twice a month. And RM (who never called me) is absolutely boon for me, i called him twice within last 2-3 years. No nonsense banking experience till now and yet to explore more until it gets better.

Thanks for reading, suggestion are welcome and open to any subjects.

Attachments

• IMG_20240227_111751.jpg
    IMG_20240227_111751.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 84

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hello again,

I have Hdfc classic banking which i opted a decade ago, been using account initially but then moved to sbi, and recently i started to using hdfc a/c again.

Then i noticed there were debit card annual charges debited (each yr once) for last two years (2021 and 2022),

I gathered info and concluded that account was downgraded somewhere before charges applied and thought to give a shot to reverse these charges (750+gst = 885/yr).

Drafted email and including charges details and relationship details to their cs and acknowledgement received which states 1 week time frame for resolution, exactly a week after charges (Rs.1770/2yrs) reversed and confirmation email received next day.

I had zero hopes, even i was sure that i wouldn't reverse because account status was not premium banking but was regular.

P.S.: i had outstanding experience with hdfc (except securities team) because securities team keeps calling even after i told them not to call just WA, but yes they reduced frequency now twice a month. And RM (who never called me) is absolutely boon for me, i called him twice within last 2-3 years. No nonsense banking experience till now and yet to explore more until it gets better.

written mail to grievance cell mail??

girish3456

TF Premier
Hello again,

Good bank always respects the customer relationships.

Even I too have a good experience which I can't forget for rest of life I can say.

In my case I wrongly applied or clicked submit after logging in to my hdfc internet banking and to my bad luck my LTF DCB plastic version had then moved to FYF DCB Metal edition card.

However after dropping a email to backend team l, they converted/downgraded me again to DCB plan(from DCB Metal)

After the back end team had downgraded DCB Metal fyf to DCB Plastic fyf 4 days back. Dropped a email to PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com to consider from DCB Plastic fyf to DCB Plastic LTF. (Mentioned in the email saying it was purely my mistake and holding LTF card from last 12 yrs in hdfc & if bank is not converting my DCB card as LTF I have mentioned that I may close my credit card and bank salary account) which I wouldn't have do it anyways as it was my oldest card. (Started using hdfc card with a basic version way back in 2012)

But to my luck, finally received an email from PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com saying that they have considered my request approved for DCB Plastic LTF again (which I was enjoying till 10 days back).

Happiness overloaded. Much respect towards HDFC bank for valuing my 12 plus years of relationship with the bank.

Definitely, I can say HDFC credit card will be my primary card until I stop using all my credit cards in my life span (also which was there as my primary card from 2012)