• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC credit card - sharing documents over WhatsApp

RM95

TF Select
A person claiming to be from HDFC reached out to me to process my credit card. I asked for the Regalia, and he said he can get it to me LTF (no strings attached), however he said he needs me to share my documents over WhatsApp. I asked him to mail me that the card will be LTF from his official mail, but he said it's not possible because of some backend limitations. I'm wondering if it's legit. Anyone else got a card by this procedure?

ltf4ever

TF Ace
A person claiming to be from HDFC reached out to me to process my credit card. I asked for the Regalia, and he said he can get it to me LTF (no strings attached), however he said he needs me to share my documents over WhatsApp. I asked him to mail me that the card will be LTF from his official mail, but he said it's not possible because of some backend limitations. I'm wondering if it's legit. Anyone else got a card by this procedure?
so basically he is verbally saying he will give ltf, but not giving in writing. be careful, not worth giving your details to such a person.

deep@vie

TF Legend
you need to sign the form.

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
They are CC agents who try to earn referrals, they won't send you anything via their official mail (as they don't have one)

They will tell you to submit everything via WhatsApp/Mail and will apply the card for you as in they will fill up the form for you and will send that via courier to their nearest CC hub

There are way too many posts like this (just use search function)

When I received similar call, I asked ID proof, official mail and they went blank. When I asked their location, it was surprisingly 15 mins away and so, I went to branch to confirm and they indeed were there and got to know about this

There offer would be "if your current CC has 3L+ limit, you are eligible for Regalia/Dines Privilege LTF" but in the end, you will be getting Millennia (without LTF guarantee) :D

If you try to call them back, they will either block you or will ask you to take it up with CC department as they are the ones which downgraded you :D

RM95

TF Select
This was really an eye-opener. Thank you! I did decline the offer when he refused to send me confirmation from his official email ID, but just wanted to check if what he said ('cannot send you details from official email ID as we are not allowed to send emails to external addresses') is indeed a limitation with HDFC. He also said he'd send me a picture of the card over WhatsApp (don't know what that's supposed to accomplish).

Seems like I've dodged a bullet over here!

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
This was really an eye-opener. Thank you! I did decline the offer when he refused to send me confirmation from his official email ID, but just wanted to check if what he said ('cannot send you details from official email ID as we are not allowed to send emails to external addresses') is indeed a limitation with HDFC. He also said he'd send me a picture of the card over WhatsApp (don't know what that's supposed to accomplish).

the person who had called was actually sitting inside the branch (not in customer area but where actual employees sit) so atleast that wasn't shady

I dont think they even have ICards.... When I asked him that I will apply via him if he allows me to take photo if his ICard, he said its against bank policy (he wasn't wearing one and I assume he didn't have any) to which I said that he was asking me to share Aadhar and PAN on whatsapp but was not allowing me to take photo personally ?

He said many people apply like this (and he also said we can watermark the documents for safety like "only for HDFC CC, valid till <some date>" as it official process) but asking over whatsapp/mail is always shady

BTW, ask him that if he sends his ICard pic, you will apply via him... if he sends... check for obvious photoshop modifications and then block him by saying, sorry changed your mind)

ltf4ever

TF Ace

people in the sales side who are in charge of getting new customers never have the external email address limitation. they won't be able to function without that. this limitation is only for employees dealing with customer data.

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I applied through branch itself and they collected 3 months payslip despite having salary account with them. DSA mentioned it is to make the card LTF and also in the application form it was clearly mentioned card is LTF. There is a tick box.

blacktiger

TF Premier
thats a lie, he will share your data