• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Classic banking query

lokeshp36

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I had regular saving account with HDFC and then 8 months back, they upgraded to classic banking automatically because i used to keep money in this but now i shifted to Equitas for better interest rates.
today I went to branch for linking my brother account with my classic acount so that he wont incur any debit card charges.

But bank emloyee denied that by seeing my MABs for my last months. i still have classic account benefits for my account. What can I do here?

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I had regular saving account with HDFC and then 8 months back, they upgraded to classic banking automatically because i used to keep money in this but now i shifted to Equitas for better interest rates.
today I went to branch for linking my brother account with my classic acount so that he wont incur any debit card charges.

But bank emloyee denied that by seeing my MABs for my last months. i still have classic account benefits for my account. What can I do here?
Contact your RM instead of Bank Employee. You need to provide mobile number and Customer ID of your brother and he will receive a consent link
You can use the RM Connect service : Give a missed call on 7043370433
OR Classic Banking Helpline 18002663310 8 am to 8 pm

suhailmz

TF Premier
There are a lot of unknowns when it comes to HDFC way of approving requests. You can keep some balance for 1-2 months & try again or take your RM’s help, although they are usually of no help.

tuhin

TF Premier
These rules are not specific ones. It depends from branch to branch. If they want, they can do it anytime. Moreover, present HDFC Bank employees are not aware of their products & services fully same as other PSBs & Axis Bank. Hence, you may have to struggle. Better to maintain MAB & ignore their hazard.

Manoj Pant

TF Premier
I have a classic account with HDFC. My brother wants to open a fresh account with HDFC in different branch. does it possible to add him with my classic family banking despite off account in different branch?If yes what will be the process?

Manoj Pant

TF Premier
RM not picking my phone, so I sent email request to his official email id (given in my mobile banking app). What should be the next step if he doesn't add my family members under family group?

shrewdoc

TF Ace
RM not picking my phone, so I sent email request to his official email id (given in my mobile banking app). What should be the next step if he doesn't add my family members under family group?
I would suggest you to wait for his reply. Give atleast a day or two. If you're not getting any response, you can escalate to classicbanking@hdfcbank.com and plead your request there.

In the end, RBI Ombudsman is always there.

paresh22

TF Ace
will my family members mobile app reflect 'Classic ' logo after adding in family banking program or is there any other option to confirm that RM successfully added them?
Your RM will send one email link to give consent to join Classic program to your family member's registered mobile and email id. You open that link and it will verify using OTP. After that 2-3 days your family members can see Classic logo.

Manoj Pant

TF Premier
@paresh22 @shrewdoc @Sanskar RM sent SMS consent link to my brother's mobile.He verified it using OTP and got massage " Congratulations.Thank You for providing your consent." Now RM is asking both of us to fill Classic Consent form physically .He sent this form to me via email. Now the question is if I am already a Classic customer and my brother give consent via OTP ,why should we have to fill the form again? Is this right practice to fill and submit form in branch?

shrewdoc

TF Ace
@paresh22 @shrewdoc @Sanskar RM sent SMS consent link to my brother's mobile.He verified it using OTP and got massage " Congratulations.Thank You for providing your consent." Now RM is asking both of us to fill Classic Consent form physically .He sent this form to me via email. Now the question is if I am already a Classic customer and my brother give consent via OTP ,why should we have to fill the form again? Is this right practice to fill and submit form in branch?
No harm in doing so in my opinion. If it's only a Consent form and nothing else, you can go ahead.
From my experience in HDFC, they are technologically backward. They work better and rely more on physical copies in this digital era.

paresh22

TF Ace
Not experienced by me. RM did not ask me Or my father for any physical form. Everything done by RM from his side, we just gave consent using otp.

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Wait for 24hrs, you will see classic logo for requested a/c. If not done, then do as RM says.