• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Classic and Classic Platinum Debit Card

rk2022

TF Buzz
Hello,

I have Millennia debit card for regular savings account. They are now offering this classic account.

Few questions if I take the upgrade to classic account and get the Classic Platinum Debit Card.

1. What will happen to points that will need to be credited to Millennia debit card (90 days after transaction month end)? Will I still get those or loose those?

2. I see people mention 1% cash back for paying non hdfc credit card bills using platinum debit card on hdfc bill pay portal. I do not see anywhere in the link below. Can anyone please help?

https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/pay/cards/deb...

Is this Classic Platinum Debit Card worth getting for free or keep Millennia debit card and keep paying annual fees?

Please suggest.

rk2022

TF Buzz
If it is 'Regular' with MAB (10K-15K) then debit card has annual fee.

If it is 'Savings Max' or higher (Classic/Preferred/Imperia) then no charges for debit card.

1. Points will credit as usual after 90 days, no issues.
2. It mentioned as - Get 1 Cashback point on every Rs. 100 spent on Telecom, Utilities.

But HDFC Billpay reports credit card payment also as Utility (This is happening for a long time, not sure how long will it continue but as of today it still working).

Note: If you pay same utilities in another third party app you won't get any cashpoints.

Also, Platinum Debit Card = Classic Platinum Debit Card = Preferred Platinum Debit Card = Imperia Platinum Debit Card (Only name different, rest same - no difference).

Suggestion: Go for 'Classic' account. If downgraded then upgrade to 'SavingsMax' and enjoy same benefits that you got with 'Classic' account with 0 annual fee on any debit card.
Thank you so much for the detailed response. Really appreciate it and clarifies all the questions.

Hemang

TF Premier
Hello,

I have Millennia debit card for regular savings account. They are now offering this classic account.

Few questions if I take the upgrade to classic account and get the Classic Platinum Debit Card.

1. What will happen to points that will need to be credited to Millennia debit card (90 days after transaction month end)? Will I still get those or loose those?

2. I see people mention 1% cash back for paying non hdfc credit card bills using platinum debit card on hdfc bill pay portal. I do not see anywhere in the link below. Can anyone please help?

https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/pay/cards/deb...

Is this Classic Platinum Debit Card worth getting for free or keep Millennia debit card and keep paying annual fees?

Please suggest.
For CLassic, imperia, preferred customers, all debit cards charges are waived off. But keep millenia card, it is more beneficial. In classic hdfc account, you can add your family members too, use platinum debit card which comes in their name, enjoy the benefits of both cards.