• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

GUIDE: How to Get an Axis Bank Add-on Credit Card? [A Prized Procession!]

nirsark

TF Premier
Just wondering how many of you are holding Axis Bank Add-on Credit Cards in 2022!

They are just too stubborn in terms of providing Addon Cards.

The only way you can take it is during physical KYC where you have to persuade the kyc guy to check mark the: 'Need Addon Card' option in their Credit Card Application Form / Tablet. They have that option!

Here's why Axis Bank Addon Credit Card is so hard to get:

1. If your Axis Bank Credit Card is issued once, you won't be able to get Addon Credit Card for the same.
  2. If you are already holding an Axis bank credit card, you won't be able to get Addon Card because of (1).
  3. If you apply online for Axis Bank Credit Cards and 'physical kyc' does not happen (basically you get approved with vKYC only), then you won't be able to get Axis Bank Addon Card.
  4. The physical KYC guys are also instructed (yes, instructed, I am very sure about it) to confuse customers saying, 'you can apply for addon card after your primary card is issued'.
  5. Some physical KYC guys will tell you to submit weird documents like Driving License of the addon cardholder, to get an Addon Card!
  6. If you ask Axis Bank Phonebanking, Chat, or Email Support about Addon Credit Cards, they will simply say: Currently Axis Bank Addon Cards Sourcing has been stopped / not available / we are not issuing addon cards... etc. etc. I even went ahead and shooted an email to Axis Bank Principal Nodal Officer, and got the same response! In fact, Axis Bank PNO is so dumb, said that Addon Cards are only issued to Burgandy Cardholders... Lol! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 11.35.36 AM.png

Now coming to point (4), why did I say Axis Bank instructs their customer service guys to discourage Addon CC?

Well, Axis Addon CC won't be displayed on Axis Mobile App. And to activate it, you HAVE TO MANDATORILY CALL Axis Customer Support. They will redirect you to Credit Card Validation IVR where you can activate it, and enable domestic & international transactions. (For primary card, this can be done either via IVR or Axis Mobile App, however, for Addon Card, IVR is the only option)

The same support guys who will deny any existence of Addon Cards, will help you out with Activation if you tell them you are having problems. Perfect Hypocrisy!

Anyways, Here's How you can Apply for Axis Bank Addon Credit Card:

1. If you Apply for a Fresh Axis Bank Credit Card OFFLINE via Axis Branch, Give Documents Offline to the KYC guy assigned from the branch. Give them clear instructions that you need Addon Credit Card, else you won't apply, and don't fall for their words, "sir you can apply addon card later".
  2. If you Apply for a Fresh Axis Bank Credit Card OFFLINE via Agent. Same as (1).
  3. If you Apply for a Fresh Axis Bank Credit Card ONLINE and brace yourself so that Offline KYC happens. For most applications they do Offline KYC, however, I know a lot of people for whom Card got approved straight after vKYC. This is upon your luck!
Note: You can only get ONE addon Card per primary Card.

What for Existing Axis Bank Cardholders?

1. The only option is Applying for a Different Variant Card 'offline' and go through steps mentioned in the last heading. Get the Addon Card somehow. (You can't apply same variant card if you are already holding. Check point (3).
  2. If you get an Addon Card once, any subsequent 'Axis Bank Credit Card Upgrades' you do manually, you should ask customer support to 'Upgrade Addon Card' also, they will do it without much hesitations. So, your first aim should be (1), then you can proceed to (2).
  3. Once you accomplish (1), you can close your previous Credit Card (without addon), and request for 'Card Upgrade' from newly applied Card (with addon) to the same variant you closed. Kindly wait for 15 days for card cancelation before re-applying. I did this myself for Flipkart Axis CC, got it successfully within 3 weeks of closing previous Flipkart Axis card.
  4. Last thing, the whole thing can seem very frustrating and time taking to do, but, bear it and you will enjoy the fruits!
My Axis CC + Addon CC Collection:

I have Axis Neo CC, Axis Flipkart CC, Axis Ace CC, and their Addon CCs. Neo CC is Lifetime Free on my Account. I am only paying for Axis FK and Axis Ace CC, ₹590 each (waived at 2L spends), but at the price of 2 CC, I am getting benefits equivalent to 6 Credit Cards. Axis Bank normally allows only 3 CC, so have to live with this only. Else, could have taken the Airtel Axis CC.

• Neo CC (with Addon) issued in 2017.
  • Flipkart CC (without Addon) issued in 2020.
  • Upgraded from Neo CC to Ace CC (with addon) in January 2022.
  • Tried to persuade Axis Bank to issue Addon for my Existing FK Axis CC (that email ss to Axis Bank PNO is regarding that only), but in vaid everytime.
  • Closed Existing FK CC in February 2022.
  • Upgraded from Neo CC to Flipkart CC (with addon) in March 2022.

IMG_3931.jpg

Before ending this post, want to add a link, this will help you in activating your Axis Bank Credit Card (any card).

Let me know if you need further help in applying Axis Bank Addon Credit Card. Thank you. 😇😇😇

nirsark

TF Premier
Like HSBC, CITI and STANC , is it also reflected to the add-on holders CIBIL Report? Does Axis reports add-on cards to add on holders CIBIL?
In such a way that It will help building add-on holders Credit Profile.
No, Axis Bank doesn't report Addon Cardholder CIBIL. Everything is linked to the primary cardholder only.

Does CITI and HSBC reports it to Addon Cardholder CIBIL? Didn't know this.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
When bill generates, it generates on the primary card only right?
So how do they know whether primary card defaulted or addon card defaulted? (if suppose the primary cardholder delays payments)
yes only primary holder get all the info , add on card holder can pay the amount through cred but cred can't fetch cause the statement would be in primary holder in email, and add on card holder need to remember the transcation cause SMS too doesn't get send to add on card so he/she need to write down and pay the amount as per due date or even primary holder can clear the entire due on it own too

nirsark

TF Premier
yes only primary holder get all the info , add on card holder can pay the amount through cred but cred can't fetch cause the statement would be in primary holder in email, and add on card holder need to remember the transcation cause SMS too doesn't get send to add on card so he/she need to write down and pay the amount as per due date or even primary holder can clear the entire due on it own too
Got it. It seems primary cardholder clearing all dues is the best case scenario.

kunal89

TF Premier
I've add-on card for both my axis cards. Physical kyc was done along with photo capture. Even if I apply new card, addon was issued automatically till last October.
Now can anyone confirm if those addons are valid, not canceled?

nirsark

TF Premier
I've add-on card for both my axis cards. Physical kyc was done along with photo capture. Even if I apply new card, addon was issued automatically till last October.
Now can anyone confirm if those addons are valid, not canceled?
Yes those addons are all valid. Not at all canceled. I activated my Neo Addon CC (issued in 2017) in January 2022. :p
Here's the steps to activate Axis CC (in case you need).

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
Thanks Nirmal for your valuable inputs :) Will help many for sure. That issuing cc to affluent card is true, but still that through physical form and RM will take a lot of time. Was thinking to get Reserve's add on for dad but RM told it's going to take a long time, so decided to go for Aurum's add on, it took a lil longer that expected but got it

theneerex

TF Select
VIP Lounge
There are a few pointers I'd like to give you: Axis does issue multiple add on cards on a single primary card account and you can very well apply for add ons after your primary card is issued; you just gotta know how to twist them to get the work done.
Attaching a screenshot for your reference.
Can you please share the email that you wrote to them?

Or atleast share the core message

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Thank for the tip. Activated addon card. The whole process that would have taken less than 5 minutes via app(if there was an option), took around half an hour via IVR.

Spending limits cannot be set for addon card.

Taicu819

TF Buzz
I applied for add on card while applying for my card. This was done through the branch. The agent verified the details of the add on card holder and assured that I will receive it with the primary card. Still it's been 3 months and nit yet received. Asked the agent and he said internal policies of the bank.