• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Grab/Gojek App Indian Credit Card Payment Method

iNokia

TF Premier
Grab and Gojek are primarily taxi apps in SEA countries. Today I tried adding my credit card as a payment method to prepare for an upcoming trip.
Now adding payment method is where the problem came in.
Amount of 1 SGD (61 rupees) was deducted and reversed immediately however it was deducted from my CC Cash withdrawal limit instead of credit limit.
Don't know if when booking a cab will deduct money from cash limit or credit limit?

Anyone else have experience with this?
In India uber/ola deduct 1 rupees from credit limit.

*This thread might not be everyone or might not belong here. Admin can delete it if they want to.

iNokia

TF Premier
It was Flipkart axis cc. I tried adding Onecard (south indian bank variant) and it failed to add. And what do you know, onecard has not allowed cash withdrawal on their cards. So while adding the payment method it definitely uses cash limit.

As you didn't face any problem in Vietnam, i guess this cash limit problem only occurs when adding the card and not during booking cab.
Although I would have loved using onecard there cause of lower forex Markup.

vkdleo

TF Buzz
It is weird that cash limit was used.
We were also facing the problem while adding the card while in India. As soon as we landed in Vietnam, everyone in our group was able to add the CCs in Grab app. Some location restrictions, ig.

iNokia

TF Premier
It is weird that cash limit was used.
We were also facing the problem while adding the card while in India. As soon as we landed in Vietnam, everyone in our group was able to add the CCs in Grab app. Some location restrictions, ig.
That's good to know.

SkippyCavanaugh

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Grab and Gojek are primarily taxi apps in SEA countries. Today I tried adding my credit card as a payment method to prepare for an upcoming trip.
Amount of 1 SGD (61 rupees) was deducted and reversed immediately however it was deducted from my CC Cash withdrawal limit instead of credit limit.
Don't know if when booking a cab will deduct money from cash limit or credit limit?

*This thread might not be everyone or might not belong here. Admin can delete it if they want to.
What was the message you received? Was it a debit from CC cash? Or was the CC cash limit reduced when you looked it up from the app/website? Which card is this?
Never experienced debit from the cash limit.

iNokia

TF Premier
"Txn of SGD 1 on Axis Bank Credit Card no. XXxxxx on 26-12-22 11:08:13 at Grab* is reversed. Avl limit ( INR): 21000. Call 1865.., if txn not done by you - Axis Bank"

21000 is the cash limit for my Flipkart axis card.

alphadark7

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Grab and Gojek are location specific apps, you can add your card once you reach the country

They don't charge from cash withdrawal limit, I've used Grab, Gojek and various other SEA apps a lot while I was there, no problem on Axis, ICICI, IndusInd, BOB, and HDFC cards

yaathran

TF Select

Grab and Gojek work little differently. Grab you can add the card when you are in one foreign country let's say Singapore and the same card can be used when you travel to any other Grab supported countries. For Gojek, you need to add card in each country when you arrive. May be due to some regulatory restrictions. Grab and Gojek swipes are always considered as regular purchases.

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Do we need local mobile no (sim) to use the Grab or it works with India mobile nos?