Axis Magnus Got Ace card, Axis offering Magnus with shared limit, worth it?

ragz

Hello Everyone,

I got my ace card last week with credit limit of 360000 and when I called customer care today they mentioned that you are eligible for magnus card with shared limit. They also mentioned that you can utilise upto 80% limit and your CIBIL won't drop. I insisted to provide me magnus with higher limit as I hold hdfc regalia and icici cards with 8.5 and 7 lakhs limit respectively but agent told that as it's high end card you'll get limit increase offer in just 6 months.

I have 2 questions:
1) Should I take magnus with shared limit of 360000 only and wait for limit increase offer?
2) Is there a way to get first year free magnus if I apply directly though branch?
3) Any other advice that might be helpful?
4) How to best utilize 10k tata cliq voucher if I pay first year fee? I don't want to unnecessarily spend 10k on the first year fee as I am not sure if I'll be spending 1 lakh a. month to avail milestone benefits etc.

Seeking your kind guidance in this regard pls

Maxwell

Hello Everyone,

I got my ace card last week with credit limit of 360000 and when I called customer care today they mentioned that you are eligible for magnus card with shared limit. They also mentioned that you can utilise upto 80% limit and your CIBIL won't drop. I insisted to provide me magnus with higher limit as I hold hdfc regalia and icici cards with 8.5 and 7 lakhs limit respectively but agent told that as it's high end card you'll get limit increase offer in just 6 months.

I have 2 questions:
1) Should I take magnus with shared limit of 360000 only and wait for limit increase offer?
2) Is there a way to get first year free magnus if I apply directly though branch?
4) How to best utilize 10k tata cliq voucher if I pay first year fee? I don't want to unnecessarily spend 10k on the first year fee as I am not sure if I'll be spending 1 lakh a. month to avail milestone benefits etc.

1. You should take Magnus and start earning the milestone benefits, the limits will be increased eventually
2. If you do not get FYF, with paid option you get 10k Tata Cliq voucher use it.
3. Magnus is highly recommended
4. Buy Gold

Try and spend 1 Lac to get the maximum benefit out of Magnus, its ok if you miss out a few months. overall its worth the effort and to get the 25k ER points.

ragz

1. You should take Magnus and start earning the milestone benefits, the limits will be increased eventually
2. If you do not get FYF, with paid option you get 10k Tata Cliq voucher use it.
3. Magnus is highly recommended
4. Buy Gold

Try and spend 1 Lac to get the maximum benefit out of Magnus, its ok if you miss out a few months. overall its worth the effort and to get the 25k ER points.
Thanks Maxwell for the elaborate response.

A followup question is - currently I have couple of paid cards (not LTF) like SBI Cashback and Axis Ace for.. my avg spends in a month are close to 50K
Would you suggest me to still get a magnus and close other 2 paid cards and shift all my expenses to magnus? Would that be a smart decision?

Namans

A followup question is - currently I have couple of paid cards (not LTF) like SBI Cashback and Axis Ace for.. my avg spends in a month are close to 50K
Would you suggest me to still get a magnus and close other 2 paid cards and shift all my expenses to magnus? Would that be a smart decision?
Is travel something you’re interested in? Magnus gives value back as airmiles or hotel loyalty points.
What is your highest spend each month? Check how much benefit you get from your current card setup vs what you will get with Magnus and decide accordingly.
If you need help with the calculations you can DM me

Hello Everyone,

I have 2 questions:

see it simple if you can spend twice 1 lakhs in 2 months then you can opt for magnus, how you do it simply putting 2 months of spend in 1 months, if not then wait and increase earning, magnus isn't going anywhere and apply c2c for better limit.

ragz

see it simple if you can spend twice 1 lakhs in 2 months then you can opt for magnus, how you do it simply putting 2 months of spend in 1 months, if not then wait and increase earning, magnus isn't going anywhere and apply c2c for better limit.
The thing is I have good earning (it's never enough so will possibly increase it soon) but I keep my expenses minimal (investments are maximum) and hence in a worst (good)(depends on how you look at it) month I spend around 75k.. Should getting add on card for my wife help to achieve milestone?
Is travel something you’re interested in? Magnus gives value back as airmiles or hotel loyalty points.
What is your highest spend each month? Check how much benefit you get from your current card setup vs what you will get with Magnus and decide accordingly.
If you need help with the calculations you can DM me
Sure thanks.. I'll DM you for more info

The thing is I have good earning (it's never enough so will possibly increase it soon) but I keep my expenses minimal (investments are maximum) and hence in a worst (good)(depends on how you look at it) month I spend around 75k.. Should getting add on card for my wife help to achieve milestone?

Sure thanks.. I'll DM you for more info
so her expense can also can be added into add on card and primary and add on card spend would be at 1 lakhs i think that will work tagging someone who is using magnus @Wealth is my birth right! so add on card spend is counted too in primary card spend right?

Definitely
milestone benefits is for added spending in primary and add on put together

Maxwell

Don't rush on closing the cards for now, spend 1 Lac on Magnus and split the rest on others.

Chances are that you will be able to convert those tier 2, tier 3 cards to LTF soon

If you apply C2C, you will get higher limit - thats what I found from this forum, but now as Axis has removed separate limit, I doubt that as well - Please update here if you decide to apply C2C
Axis removing separate limit n applying C2C won’t have any impact, in fact the higher limit of C2C will be considered n hence that limit would be shared across all axis cards.

Hello Everyone,

I have 2 questions:

Apply card to card offline. You'll get same limit as your other bank card

ragz

All of you thank you for your responses, they are very helpful :)
If you could point me to magnus milestone exclusions that would help too to decide if I can really spend 1 lakh a month (at least for 5 months including add on card).
I know rent and wallet are excluded, but anything else like fuel, school fee etc are also excluded?

Namans