• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Gold charge and MRCC after holding a platinum travel

maynigam

TF Premier
Hello guys. I got PLatinum travel card with referral link few days back. Plan on building the amex trifecta. Should I apply for Gold charge immediately?
1. Call customer care?
2. Direct application
3. Referral link

With any of these methods, do I have to undergo cibil enquiry and all other documentation process?
Also, I am planning to use Platinum travel for my rent payment using mobikwik and expecting a return of around 5% after achieving milestone. Is this a logical thing to do? I don't have any other good card supporting rent payment!

Thanks in advance

Reactions: SSV

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Applying for two cards right after another within Amex shouldn't be a concern, a lot of people have done it lately and had no issues.

As Amex is trying to expand massively(to show high-user base to increase acceptance), they have become lenient with the card approvals.

Reactions: SSV

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Applying for two cards right after another within Amex shouldn't be a concern, a lot of people have done it lately and had no issues.

As Amex is trying to expand massively(to show high-user base to increase acceptance), they have become lenient with the card approvals.
While they do not do the VKYC, they do a hard enquiry on CIBIL for every card.

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hello @ARV could you please share your amex card referal link.

My referral link, Please DM me if you get approved through my link i will give u 1k gv of you choice

PS: i am travelling till Nov 10, if i cant respond please dont mind i will come back and respond

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have Amex Plat Travel since 3-4 years along with companion MRCC. I was thinking of applying for Gold charge but have few concerns:
  1. Its a bit annoying to do 4*1500 transactions with MRCC. While we can buy amazon voucher and all that, but still its a time waste to do 4 transactions for that. On top of it with Gold card there are additional 6*1000 transactions! Such a waste of time. Not sure if I can endure this kind of effort :) Why on earth has Amex created such structure?
  2. What are chances of 3rd Gold charge approval given that I already hold 2 Amex cards? I already keep getting Plat Charge upgrade emails

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Not sure if I can endure this kind of effort :) Why on earth has Amex created such structure?
For this exact reason only. I.e. lack of endurance..

They want you to do 4 or 6 transactions of minimum 1.5k/1 k..each..
To exactly match the minimum transaction value you need effort , otherwise need to make real purchases which tend to be more than that value and hence more revenue for them…

What are chances of 3rd Gold charge approval given that I already hold 2 Amex cards? I already keep getting Plat Charge upgrade emails

because you are holding the other cards for 3 to 4 years, approval should not be a problem in my view,
even though
some people reported here that Gold card as 3rd card there will be an issue to get approval for some weird reasons known to Amex itself

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
What are chances of 3rd Gold charge approval given that I already hold 2 Amex cards? I already keep getting Plat Charge upgrade emails

Apply new for the gold charge, you will 99.9% get it. If you do get approved, request to make the MRCC companion. In case they decline the charge card application ask them for an upgrade to the Gold charge from MRCC, if a charge card is what you want to hold.

PS : DM if you want referral link. :) I will share my referral benefits with you.

rj_arora

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is there any link where I can learn about all the Plat travel card benefits and how to maximise the returns using that? I got it yesterday FYF, but I have no idea how to use it :p