• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Gold charge and MRCC after holding a platinum travel

maynigam

TF Premier
Hello guys. I got PLatinum travel card with referral link few days back. Plan on building the amex trifecta. Should I apply for Gold charge immediately?
1. Call customer care?
2. Direct application
3. Referral link

With any of these methods, do I have to undergo cibil enquiry and all other documentation process?
Also, I am planning to use Platinum travel for my rent payment using mobikwik and expecting a return of around 5% after achieving milestone. Is this a logical thing to do? I don't have any other good card supporting rent payment!

Thanks in advance

Reactions: SSV

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Is there any link where I can learn about all the Plat travel card benefits and how to maximise the returns using that? I got it yesterday FYF, but I have no idea how to use it :p
If you have Plat charge you will have the MB Gold status, transfer plat travel points to MB ... That will give you 1:1 .. Next best Taj .. Ask anywhere else you will get the same ans !

Last edited:

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
agreed
but lets say any airline runs a promo offer of 30-50% promotion points
wouldnt that be better?
I do not know know which particular FFP you talking about, but generally most give an ratio of 3:1 for MB, while at the very worse most give a ratio of 2:1 with MR.

So say you getting any promo offers for even ~50% extra points, even then 30,000 MB points will fetch you ~15,000 FFP with most, which MR gives you anyway !

Use you MBP for international hotel (preferably US / Europe) bookings especially since with Gold status you get multiple offers like room upgrades, free Bf, late check out etc & try using Amex IAP for you flight bookings ...

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
I do not know know which particular FFP you talking about, but generally most give an ratio of 3:1 for MB, while at the the very worse most give a ratio of 2:1 with MR.

So say you getting any promo offers for even ~50% extra points, even then 30,000 MB points will fetch you ~15,000 FFP with most which MR gives you anyway !

Use you MBP for international hotel (preferably US / Europe) bookings especially since with Gold status you get multiple offers like room upgrades, free Bf, late check out etc & try using Amex IAP for you flight bookings ...
so lets say a FFP gives 2:1 ratio
hypothetically speaking take ethiad for an example
now if ethiad has a 30% promo offer wont that be a much better rate compared to direct mr to ffp transfer

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
so lets say a FFP gives 2:1 ratio
hypothetically speaking take ethiad for an example
now if ethiad has a 30% promo offer wont that be a much better rate compared to direct mr to ffp transfer
Did not know which FFP you were previously referring to bro.

Doesn't Ethiaad gives 1:1 for MR points in India ? If it is 2:1 for India then of course MB transfer with 30% offer would be much better .. !

S D S

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi would the referral link matter when applying for the amex platinum travel? I refer to the credentials of the referrer having an impact on my application. 😌