• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Gold charge and MRCC after holding a platinum travel

maynigam

TF Premier
Hello guys. I got PLatinum travel card with referral link few days back. Plan on building the amex trifecta. Should I apply for Gold charge immediately?
1. Call customer care?
2. Direct application
3. Referral link

With any of these methods, do I have to undergo cibil enquiry and all other documentation process?
Also, I am planning to use Platinum travel for my rent payment using mobikwik and expecting a return of around 5% after achieving milestone. Is this a logical thing to do? I don't have any other good card supporting rent payment!

Thanks in advance

Reactions: SSV

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hello guys. I got PLatinum travel card with referral link few days back. Plan on building the amex trifecta. Should I apply for Gold charge immediately?
1. Call customer care?
2. Direct application
3. Referral link

With any of these methods, do I have to undergo cibil enquiry and all other documentation process?
Also, I am planning to use Platinum travel for my rent payment using mobikwik and expecting a return of around 5% after achieving milestone. Is this a logical thing to do? I don't have any other good card supporting rent payment!

Thanks in advance
Best way to apply is via referral, first go for MRCC, Do note most of free tricks have been patched
Mobikwik charges extra for rent payment please factor it in ur returns
If you want you can apply through my referral, I will give you a trick for 1500*4 for MRCC & amanon GV on approval. Please DM for details.
EDIT: You can also use milestone based cards like SBI Vistara and IDFC Vistara if you have Vistara flying to your city

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
What free tricks? I'm considering 8.6%-2.6% as returns rate for my spends. Isn't MRCC offered free along with Gold Charge? So shouldnt I apply for that first?
No companion cards are stopped in AMEX except for Plat Charge>Plat Reserve. For MRCC you will get FYF and reduced fees of 1.5k+GST and Joining bonus of 2k points on spend of 5K and spend based waiver remains the same

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
1. Call customer care?
2. Direct application
3. Referral link
Referral Link , Direct application , Customer Care... in this order.. My recommendation: Referral link

Mostly no, but for formality sake, you may need to upload,if asked, ... NO Vkyc, mostly no upload of income docs.

Also, I am planning to use Platinum travel for my rent payment using mobikwik and expecting a return of around 5% after achieving milestone. Is this a logical thing to do

Rental payment using Amex card is not supported in most of the apps.. so mobikwik is the only choice left for now.
So, answer is continue doing what you are doing now.. Make sure you spend exactly 4 lakhs pa to maximis return on Plat Travel.

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
No companion cards are stopped in AMEX except for Plat Charge>Plat Reserve. For MRCC you will get FYF and reduced fees of 1.5k+GST and Joining bonus of 2k points on spend of 5K and spend based waiver remains the same
Plat reserve is given as companion for plat charge
or a lower variant cadr becomes free if amex reserve is held

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Mostly no, but for formality sake, you may need to upload,if asked, ... NO Vkyc, mostly no upload of income docs.
I hold an MRCC card from about 10 months now and I applied for AMEX Plat travel card last week with refferal. They asked me for VKYC. I am travelling on work and not carrying my PAN card so could not complete. They keep sending reminders to VKYC now. I wanted to get approval before Oct 16th for that playing cards.

pprakash11

TF Prestige
1. Call customer care?
2. Direct application
3. Referral link

Thanks in advance
Always apply Charge Cards as your 2nd AMEX Cards.

Apply MRCC as 3rd.

Kinda sh*t logic but AMEX usually declines if charge card is applied as last (3rd) Amex card

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I hold an MRCC card from about 10 months now and I applied for AMEX Plat travel card last week with refferal. They asked me for VKYC. I am travelling on work and not carrying my PAN card so could not complete. They keep sending reminders to VKYC now. I wanted to get approval before Oct 16th for that playing cards.
You need to get VKYC done, as your old VKC is more than 3 months old.

You can get it approved before 31 st Octboer now to get the free Playing Cards offer

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You need to get VKYC done, as your old VKC is more than 3 months old.

You can get it approved before 31 st Octboer now to get the free Playing Cards offer
31st October? or 30th Novemeber? There was a mention of 31/11 in one of the comments above. I will go back home only on 10th Novemeber

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
31st October? or 30th Novemeber? There was a mention of 31/11 in one of the comments above. I will go back home only on 10th Novemeber
31st october for Playing cards offer.
If you don't want Playing cards you can do until 31 March 2024..

I don't know how long your Application will be valid though.. may be 30 days I think...