• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Fraud txn on icici Apay cc

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi guys. Last night, at around 2Am, there was a debit from my parents credit card of 3500 or so. My dad got a confirmation call and he pressed approve as he thought I was doing something (my dad was out of town and had just returned and was downstairs). Luckily the txn happened just a few mins before he got back and my dad confirmed if I did a txn and I denied so that's when we understood there's been a scam most likely. I immediately blocked all of our credit cards till morning till I was able to get to Customer care. The customer care told me that the txn is in a unsettled state as of now and told me that the merchant name. (since it's not been 24hrs since the txn took place, it doesn't show up in app and NB portal). The cust care told me that there's downtime so can't report it rn and I'll have to contact again in some time. Okay, I'll buy that.

The annoying thing is ki for talking to a human cust care exec, it took me around 3 to 4 mins (if someone didn't know what to do or just panicked and didn't block card, there could be more fraud txns in that 4 mins? ) I found this to be really bad. Also ICICI should start having a separate number for reporting such frauds. I have called on 1800 1080 as was told me in the txn confirmation email, to call if unauthorized txn. This is purely pathetic.

Hi guys. Last night, at around 2Am, there was a debit from my parents credit card of 3500 or so. My dad got a confirmation call and he pressed approve as he thought I was doing something (my dad was out of town and had just returned and was downstairs). Luckily the txn happened just a few mins before he got back and my dad confirmed if I did a txn and I denied so that's when we understood there's been a scam most likely. I immediately blocked all of our credit cards till morning till I was able to get to Customer care. The customer care told me that the txn is in a unsettled state as of now and told me that the merchant name. (since it's not been 24hrs since the txn took place, it doesn't show up in app and NB portal). The cust care told me that there's downtime so can't report it rn and I'll have to contact again in some time. Okay, I'll buy that.

The annoying thing is ki for talking to a human cust care exec, it took me around 3 to 4 mins (if someone didn't know what to do or just panicked and didn't block card, there could be more fraud txns in that 4 mins? ) I found this to be really bad. Also ICICI should start having a separate number for reporting such frauds. I have called on 1800 1080 as was told me in the txn confirmation email, to call if unauthorized txn. This is purely pathetic.
whats the merchant name? maybe its a recurring transaction. Do you keep your international transactions turned off?

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
There is a dedicated number for Amazon Pay ICICI CC... 1800 102 0123.

Email: help.amazonpaycc@icicibank.com

In critical situation, always use multiple channels. For example, if you want to block a card, write an email from the registered email before or after calling the customer care.
I see. Well i blocked the card from the app as soon as I confirmed that it's a scam txn (at around 2:10Am itself) so wasn't worried much but damn man, I wanna report the txn dude and this is how it is? Feels like the bank themselves are in on this if this much time they take for connecting to human and after that they have downtime (downtime is understandable but atleast keep a note somewhere that xx card has a fraud and you contact me once system is back online instead of having me call you.

When dad's citi card got stolen in the USA, they were quick to act and blocked the card immediately and it was good to know that in case of fraud, citi would be quick to respond. Expected atleast 50% from icici but oh I forgot, it's an Indian Bank!

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
whats the merchant name? maybe its a recurring transaction. Do you keep your international transactions turned off?
The merchant name is something weird. No, it's not a recurring one as none are active. The intl txns were on I guess not too sure. So what i think is that the txn went through via a non verified gateway or something that is not 3d secure or something

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
There is a dedicated number for Amazon Pay ICICI CC... 1800 102 0123.

Email: help.amazonpaycc@icicibank.com
I see. Well, I contacted the 1800 1080 one as in the email they sent for the confirmation, I thought it's the best one to contact as it specially mentioned 'If you have not authorised this transaction, call us on 1800 1080'. They should have the one you quoted in the email for the Apay card.

The merchant name is something weird. No, it's not a recurring one as none are active. The intl txns were on I guess not too sure. So what i think is that the txn went through via a non verified gateway or something that is not 3d secure or something
Keep international transactions off when not in use and for now see what icici does in this case and keep us updated. They most likely gonna provide you a temporary credit and investigate this.

pothi

TF Premier
RML Group
I see. Well, I contacted the 1800 1080 one as in the email they sent for the confirmation, I thought it's the best one to contact as it specially mentioned 'If you have not authorised this transaction, call us on 1800 1080'. They should have the one you quoted in the email for the Apay card.

You have done the right thing but calling the mentioned number. Only the waiting time is different between those two numbers. Some people waited for hours in the past to get a human being on 18001080.

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You have done the right thing but calling the mentioned number. Only the waiting time is different between those two numbers. Some people waited for hours in the past to get a human being on 18001080.
I agree. I have saved that contact for Apay cc. Thanks man, really appreciate it. I don't understand why such a huge bank won't have a different customer care for fraud txn reporting. Like wtf