• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Exploring magnus Credit Card Devaluation

raju292938

TF Buzz
applied Axis magnus 10days back before devaluation news...today it got approved...its asking to unbox via axis mobile app
after all the devaluation news ,its still better to have this card ?????

if not ...Is there any way to close this card without paying joining fees ???

my monthly credit card usage is 1.5 lakh around one lakh is of utility and government payments

Shadow747

TF Buzz
If you only took it for utility and govt payments, but they are now excluded from milestone calculation and you don't use card other benefits then no point in activating. Counter view, 1st year you will get welcome benefits so you do a trial for your usage and see if it makes sense during renewal time.

rahulsethi

TF Ace
Contributor
applied Axis magnus 10days back before devaluation news...today it got approved...its asking to unbox via axis mobile app

my monthly credit card usage is 1.5 lakh around one lakh is of utility and government payments
Utility and govt payments aren't included anymore

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

Don't activate it. They won't charge you.

If you want a card for govt and utilities, SBI is the best option, atleast in the near future.

saikatCC

TF Buzz
when did this happen? i did get RP for govt transactions till last week? so these spends wont count for the monthly 1 lac?

raju292938

TF Buzz
If you only took it for utility and govt payments, but they are now excluded from milestone calculation and you don't use card other benefits then no point in activating. Counter view, 1st year you will get welcome benefits so you do a trial for your usage and see if it makes sense during renewal time.
yeah contacted cc..they said devaluation is on hold and utility and other govt transactions r still considered for the milestone benifit until further notice....i have like 13 days to complete 1 lakh milestone this month....i can do that...so if even i get atleast one month mile stone points..am on safe side regarding joining fees...ill just do a trail as u said....

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer

No devaluation on Axis Magnus credit card. All Devaluation are news fake.

You will get rewards on utility and government payments and also get milestone benefit.

@saikatCC
@raju292938
@thegr8sahu
@Shadow747
@rahulsethi
@Rajkumar

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

as per today, magnus is not devalued so you can try with magnus and in the near future , most bank will exclude government payment from milestone and no reward point earning on them.

rahulsethi

TF Ace
Contributor
On wait and watch mode, hoping for the best. But some sort of devaluation is inevitable they already started by clamping giftedge bonus points

AdvRahul

TF Neo

Not a good Idea to have this card with the usage you described. Full stop.
Some of the Simple Reasons-
1. Monthly mile stone gone,
2. Out of your 1.5 lakh, 1 lakh is for govt payments. So you'll be getting reawad pounts for 50k per month.
3. Conversion ration changed to 5:2