• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Eterna annual fee charged on LTF bob easy card

ashiquetvr

TF Buzz
I have a bob easy LTF card. I was amazed to see an annual fee of ₹2499+gst on it ( which is the fee of their eterna card). These kind of fruad behaviour should be fined with proper penalty for customer, right?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-04-09-11-04-86_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d319333948~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-04-09-11-04-86_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d319333948~2.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 147

beingmohit

TF Premier
I have a bob easy LTF card. I was amazed to see an annual fee of ₹2499+gst on it ( which is the fee of their eterna card). These kind of fruad behaviour should be fined with proper penalty for customer, right?
Indian credit card providers flout rules and disregard guidelines with little to no consequences. Thankfully, @TechnoFino and other stalwarts of the #ccgeek community have been raising awareness so that more and more people can raise their voices against such malpractices. In an ideal world, banks would be fined for such behaviour, but until then, you have to fight your own battles

ltf4ever

TF Ace
if i were in your place, i would complain to the RBI straightaway. customers trust the bank when it comes to automated system generated statements. if you were not vigilant enough, then you would have had to pay for it without getting the service promised for that cost.
banks cannot just say "sorry, system error" an try to get away with their petty thievery.

beingmohit

TF Premier
if i were in your place, i would complain to the RBI straightaway. customers trust the bank when it comes to automated system generated statements. if you were not vigilant enough, then you would have had to pay for it without getting the service promised for that cost.
banks cannot just say "sorry, system error" an try to get away with their petty thievery.
The problem is an RBI complaint does not do much. As credit card holders, we have everything to lose if we are not vigilant and nothing to gain even when we catch credit card providers do such farud

ashiquetvr

TF Buzz
Is there any way other than ombudsman to complaint to RBI? They don't take complaint unless we finish 30 days after notifying the bank...but it's a huge amount of time.

ashiquetvr

TF Buzz
Already did that, I called and it took 30mins to connect only to hear that I should email them, and the email they usually don't reply fast. Also, kept their nodal officer in the email in cc, will see what happens. This thing should have penalties actually then only they'll stop doing these.

Aaaa

TF Buzz
Im giving you a solution which may not seem believable at 1st glance. So basically BoB card last year added 30090 to my account stating that they had credited in excess in 2021. I checked & found the allegation absolutely baseless
Over 7 months atleast 60-70 emails were exchanges. Senior officials like Chetan Goswamy who is VP of the BFSL(the Bob cr card subsidiary), legal head Gurmeet Marwah, Collection head Varsha Taysate talked to me on conference call. Fortunately I got access to their internal emails which clearly showed that they were up for some nasty corrupt practice. I went up to Ombudsman, ombudsman for some strange reason initially were reluctant to take action against them. But then I provided them the call recording of BoB card & BoB bank employees who candidly confessed a lot of things being unaware that I was recording the calls. After a fight of 7 months my charges were all reversed. They literally destroyed my cr score which is stll under 600 & I'm on my way to get it corrected. I am also considering taking up the matter to Comptroller Audit General(CAG) to take punitive actiom against them.

My 1st solution to you is to email chairman@bankofbaroda.com & erd@bankofbaroda.com. Although they won't take strict actions against their own subsidiary but they will ask BoB card to resolve this matter at the earliest. Chairman & Executive Response Desk(ERD) doesn't like to be bothered about individual case so when cases like this comes to them they just rebuke the subsidiary to resolve the matter. Also email the ceo of BFSL shailendra.singh@bobfinancial.com. You can mail pno@bobfinancial.com, Head.customerservice@bobfinancial.com, crm1@bobfinancial.com.

ashiquetvr

TF Buzz
Im giving you a solution which may not seem believable at 1st glance. So basically BoB card last year added 30090 to my account stating that they had credited in excess in 2021. I checked & found the allegation absolutely baseless
Over 7 months atleast 60-70 emails were exchanges. Senior officials like Chetan Goswamy who is VP of the BFSL(the Bob cr card subsidiary), legal head Gurmeet Marwah, Collection head Varsha Taysate talked to me on conference call. Fortunately I got access to their internal emails which clearly showed that they were up for some nasty corrupt practice. I went up to Ombudsman, ombudsman for some strange reason initially were reluctant to take action against them. But then I provided them the call recording of BoB card & BoB bank employees who candidly confessed a lot of things being unaware that I was recording the calls. After a fight of 7 months my charges were all reversed. They literally destroyed my cr score which is stll under 600 & I'm on my way to get it corrected. I am also considering taking up the matter to Comptroller Audit General(CAG) to take punitive actiom against them.

My 1st solution to you is to email chairman@bankofbaroda.com & erd@bankofbaroda.com. Although they won't take strict actions against their own subsidiary but they will ask BoB card to resolve this matter at the earliest. Chairman & Executive Response Desk(ERD) doesn't like to be bothered about individual case so when cases like this comes to them they just rebuke the subsidiary to resolve the matter. Also email the ceo of BFSL shailendra.singh@bobfinancial.com. You can mail pno@bobfinancial.com, Head.customerservice@bobfinancial.com, crm1@bobfinancial.com.
I have sent out an email to all these id's and I got one reply that they are working on the resolution of this at the earliest, but no proper timeline. will follow up well as my due date is 20th and I neither want to pay it nor get my credit score go down.

Aaaa

TF Buzz
I have sent out an email to all these id's and I got one reply that they are working on the resolution of this at the earliest, but no proper timeline. will follow up well as my due date is 20th and I neither want to pay it nor get my credit score go down.
Bro just remember one thing no matter what don't cow down. They will make you fatigued. Mentally they want you to give up when they will lower your credit score. You may pay the joining fee if you aren't able to hold your nerve. But you won't be at loss. They will accept their mistake eventually & will refund you the payment for sure. So wait till 20th. Im sure if you have drafted the email properly with evidence your charges will be reversed. Alternatively you can choose to pay for the JF om 20th & continue fighting the case. If you manage to get them busted they will reverse it.

BUT TAKE IT IN BOLD LETTER THAT DON'T GIVE UP.
The fact that their legal head told me that since it's a public entity(Govt company) they have to go through some stringent audit. So if they make some charge reversals they gets questioned by authorities about why did you favor this individual by reversing the charge? A charge reversal is loss to exchequer that's why they gets heavily questioned if they do so
For this same reason even of they refund the charges they don't want to reverse the GST as it will lead another trouble for them due to GST compliance. But if they realise that the customer is informed & can't be made fool or customer can take this matter to extremely serious situations they will reverse it. Do let me know when your charge will be reversed. Good luck & yes you can reach out to me on this thread of you need help.

Last edited:

Aaaa

TF Buzz
One last thing, just wait for 7 days i.e. till 12th. If you don't get a reply or don't get a satisfactory response from BoB then email to crpc@rbi.gov.in. While raising it to crpc@rbi.gov.in download the ombudsman complaint from from internet. You will get a pdf. Convert that pdf into Word & fill the form in ms word & send this to CRPC. If you have anything im writing by Bob card that your card is supposed to LTF. Then noone can stop you from winning this conflict.

Aaaa

TF Buzz
Bro just remember one thing no matter what don't cow down. They will make you fatigued. Mentally they want you to give up when they will lower your credit score. You may pay the joining fee if you aren't able to hold your nerve. But you won't be at loss. They will give up eventually & will refund you the payment for sure. So wait till 20th. Im sure if you have drafted the email properly with evidence your charges will be reversed. Alternatively you can choose to pay for the JF om 20th & continue fighting the case. If you manage to get them busted they will reverse it.

BUT TAKE IT IN BOLD LETTER THAT DON'T GIVE UP.
The fact that their legal head told me that since it's a public entity(Govt company) they have to go through some stringent audit. So if they make some charge reversals they gets questioned by authorities about why did you favor this individual by reversing the charge? A charge reversal is loss to exchequer that's why they gets heavily questioned if they do so
For this same reason even of they refund the charges they don't want to reverse the GST as it will lead another trouble for them due to GST compliance. But if they realise that the customer is informed & can't be made fool or customer can take this matter to extremely serious situations they will reverse it. Do let me know when your charge will be reversed. Good luck & yes you can reach out to me on this thread of you need help.
You may also directly call to this numbers https://www.bobfinancial.com/nodal-officer-details.jsp

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Recently also many people have got mails that they have by mistake credited into your card account extra cashback and are going to take it back