• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Eterna annual fee charged on LTF bob easy card

ashiquetvr

TF Buzz
I have a bob easy LTF card. I was amazed to see an annual fee of ₹2499+gst on it ( which is the fee of their eterna card). These kind of fruad behaviour should be fined with proper penalty for customer, right?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-04-09-11-04-86_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d319333948~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-04-09-11-04-86_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d319333948~2.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 147

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Im giving you a solution which may not seem believable at 1st glance. So basically BoB card last year added 30090 to my account stating that they had credited in excess in 2021. I checked & found the allegation absolutely baseless
Over 7 months atleast 60-70 emails were exchanges. Senior officials like Chetan Goswamy who is VP of the BFSL(the Bob cr card subsidiary), legal head Gurmeet Marwah, Collection head Varsha Taysate talked to me on conference call. Fortunately I got access to their internal emails which clearly showed that they were up for some nasty corrupt practice. I went up to Ombudsman, ombudsman for some strange reason initially were reluctant to take action against them. But then I provided them the call recording of BoB card & BoB bank employees who candidly confessed a lot of things being unaware that I was recording the calls. After a fight of 7 months my charges were all reversed. They literally destroyed my cr score which is stll under 600 & I'm on my way to get it corrected. I am also considering taking up the matter to Comptroller Audit General(CAG) to take punitive actiom against them.

My 1st solution to you is to email chairman@bankofbaroda.com & erd@bankofbaroda.com. Although they won't take strict actions against their own subsidiary but they will ask BoB card to resolve this matter at the earliest. Chairman & Executive Response Desk(ERD) doesn't like to be bothered about individual case so when cases like this comes to them they just rebuke the subsidiary to resolve the matter. Also email the ceo of BFSL shailendra.singh@bobfinancial.com. You can mail pno@bobfinancial.com, Head.customerservice@bobfinancial.com, crm1@bobfinancial.com.
Thanks @Aaaa for sharing this experience. Am sure it would have been a super painful & frustrating fight. But appreciate taking out time and sharing the details.

A clarification: when you say Ombudsman, you mean RBI? My experience is that once RBI rejects the complaint, there is no recourse because it doesn't allow appeal - right?

Aaaa

TF Buzz
There is a huge story. Yes ombudsman means rbi ombudsman. You can complaint through the CRPC link(just Google "rbi crpc") or mail at crpc@rbi.gov.in.

Rbi rejects complaints citing different clauses of ombudsman scheme & quoting various sections of that scheme saying "the appeal is non-maintanable/non - appealable.

The basic rule while complaining to rbi is you will get an acknowledgement letter in 1-2 days after complaining & you will get a closure intimation once the matter is closed from their side. In between if you will send mails to follow up they will say" your complaint has been dealt with/pending with. This line will be very confusing for u because u won't understand what they wanna say i.e. whether it's pending or are they saying we are done with ur case. But if they say you the above-mentioned line you shall note that rbi is lookin into it. Now ombudsman may take even months to close the case. There is not fixed turn around time or TAT.

Hindi mein bolu to RBI ko mail karne ka baad acknowledgement milega aur jab tak closure intimation mail na aaye tab tak Tumahara case open hai un logo k pass.

One more thing, it will be tedious but while mailing kindly attach the filled up ombudsman form. What i did was i dwlded ombudsman form from Google converted into ms word filled it up & attached signature at the designated place at the last of the form using picture insert method on ms word & sent to CRPC@rbi.org.in.

In my case after their initial investigation, they chose not to instruct bob card to refund then i mailed to the edaks@rbi.org.in & rbiteamcms@rbi.org.in. These are email ids of executive directors of rbi for consumer protection dept. The case was reopened. Then finally it took 1 month for rbi to pass judgement. I fought the case so hard that the whole BoB card(BFSL) now know me. But they were so nasty that they closed my card marking as NPA. which is killing in terms of cr score. This is just their filthy way to take revenge but im again fighting with them for it.

Agar yaha case solve nahi hota to i wld have gone to Deputy Governor & then the governor. As i mentioned in other news thread that you need to ne determined that you will bring justice for yourself, no matter what

Last edited:

Mack

TF Select
The same like scenario happened to me as well:

Cancelled (15th February) my snapdeal card within 5 days of delivery without activation.

The mistake I done was cancelled through phone call and I don't have any evidence for it.

To my surprise statement generated for a cancelled card on 20th February with joining fees 249 plus gst.

I left it carelessly as from BOB app the snapdeal card disappeared already and seemed to be card got closed.

Again 20th March new statement generated with late payment fee in addition to old statement fee mentioning it will be reported as default to cibil.

I mailed more than 5 times and CS said card is active and fee should be paid. I got frustrated. Already 7 days gone chasing them and with 31st march nearing as they will report to cibil.

Just randomly checking cibil report and got an evidence with BOB reported this closure on 28th February and i could see card closed date as 16th February.

With that screenshot I mailed to CS like I'm going to raise this to RBI ombudsman as BOB already Cancelled and reported cibil as card closed but still sending me statements.

Within a day they replied me and apologized as technical issue and reversed the charges and everything got closed and made sure nothing is reported to cibil as default as card is closed with written communication.

That 7+ days turned to be hectic for me.

Last edited:

ashiquetvr

TF Buzz
Thankyou for sharing the details. I got an update they admitted in the email that it was a mistake and will reverse as soon as possible. But it's not reflected in my account yet. Will report this to RBI since this is a fruad thing to do in the first place.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-06-18-38-59-51_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-06-18-38-59-51_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 40

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Better pay it now and ask for refund later as it will affect your cibil if remains unpaid post due date. Also complain to rbi only after one month from your first mail to bob else the complaint will get closed under non sustainable clause

Aaaa

TF Buzz
Better pay it now and ask for refund later as it will affect your cibil if remains unpaid post due date. Also complain to rbi only after one month from your first mail to bob else the complaint will get closed under non sustainable clause
No offense to you but this won't be needed. Im pretty sure @ashiquetvr will receive an sms for credit payment towards the card in 2-3 days stating that amt equivalent to the charge has been credited. I can take guarantee of that. If they have said it in writing they will do it. The key challenge is to make them do what they are supposed to do. As i can see here this was probably @ashiquetvr 's 2nd email that too to nodal & pno. Most likely he mailed to chairman@bankofbaroda.com also & BoB financial reacted so swiftly because of that. Mailing chairman@bankofbaroda.com is equivalent to mailing Mukesh ambani for say, any payment issue you are facing on Jio/reliance store.

You have no idea what happens if you mail the chairman or MD of a bank.

5 yrs ago i faced an issue with sbi buddy wallet & i mailed the then SBI chairman Miss Arundhati. I got a call after the case is solved requesting me to please give us in writing that you are happy with resolution.

ashiquetvr

TF Buzz
No offense to you but this won't be needed. Im pretty sure @ashiquetvr will receive an sms for credit payment towards the card in 2-3 days stating that amt equivalent to the charge has been credited. I can take guarantee of that. If they have said it in writing they will do it. The key challenge is to make them do what they are supposed to do. As i can see here this was probably @ashiquetvr 's 2nd email that too to nodal & pno. Most likely he mailed to chairman@bankofbaroda.com also & BoB financial reacted so swiftly because of that. Mailing chairman@bankofbaroda.com is equivalent to mailing Mukesh ambani for say, any payment issue you are facing on Jio/reliance store.

You have no idea what happens if you mail the chairman or MD of a bank.

5 yrs ago i faced an issue with sbi buddy wallet & i mailed the then SBI chairman Miss Arundhati. I got a call after the case is solved requesting me to please give us in writing that you are happy with resolution.
I still havent got the reversal in my account actually. I really hope they does that soon enough.

Aaaa

TF Buzz
Thanks @Aaaa really for sharing this because we know now if something like this happens in case of our BOB cards, we can fight back. I wonder if your username reflects your frustration with BOB Financial and the pain they caused. "Aaaaaaaaa"
Welll i was asked to choose a username & i pressed A 4 times😂. Although it sounds very vulgar🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
There is a huge story. Yes ombudsman means rbi ombudsman. You can complaint through the CRPC link(just Google "rbi crpc") or mail at crpc@rbi.gov.in.

Rbi rejects complaints citing different clauses of ombudsman scheme & quoting various sections of that scheme saying "the appeal is non-maintanable/non - appealable.

The basic rule while complaining to rbi is you will get an acknowledgement letter in 1-2 days after complaining & you will get a closure intimation once the matter is closed from their side. In between if you will send mails to follow up they will say" your complaint has been dealt with/pending with. This line will be very confusing for u because u won't understand what they wanna say i.e. whether it's pending or are they saying we are done with ur case. But if they say you the above-mentioned line you shall note that rbi is lookin into it. Now ombudsman may take even months to close the case. There is not fixed turn around time or TAT.

Hindi mein bolu to RBI ko mail karne ka baad acknowledgement milega aur jab tak closure intimation mail na aaye tab tak Tumahara case open hai un logo k pass.

One more thing, it will be tedious but while mailing kindly attach the filled up ombudsman form. What i did was i dwlded ombudsman form from Google converted into ms word filled it up & attached signature at the designated place at the last of the form using picture insert method on ms word & sent to CRPC@rbi.org.in.

In my case after their initial investigation, they chose not to instruct bob card to refund then i mailed to the edaks@rbi.org.in & rbiteamcms@rbi.org.in. These are email ids of executive directors of rbi for consumer protection dept. The case was reopened. Then finally it took 1 month for rbi to pass judgement. I fought the case so hard that the whole BoB card(BFSL) now know me. But they were so nasty that they closed my card marking as NPA. which is killing in terms of cr score. This is just their filthy way to take revenge but im again fighting with them for it.

Agar yaha case solve nahi hota to i wld have gone to Deputy Governor & then the governor. As i mentioned in other news thread that you need to ne determined that you will bring justice for yourself, no matter what
Appreciate the detailed reply. I was not tagged and so didn't get notification!

Aaaa

TF Buzz
I got the amount credited in my account, but no mention in the statement Should I be concerned as my bill if not paid will be reported to CIBIL? any thoughts on this brother?
It doesn't work like this. CICs like Transunion cibil or experian or others doesn't get details txn by txn. Regulated entities like credit card companies sends your account's outstanding details. If you have not paid them they will report that & if any of your outstanding is paid it will be reported as paid irrespective of who have paid. Hindi mein bolu account mein due hoga to report hoga varna report nahi hoga. Bob ne dia yah tumne dia it doesn't matter.

Aaaa

TF Buzz
It doesn't work like this. CICs like Transunion cibil or experian or others doesn't get details txn by txn. Regulated entities like credit card companies sends your account's outstanding details. If you have not paid them they will report that & if any of your outstanding is paid it will be reported as paid irrespective of who have paid. Hindi mein bolu account mein due hoga to report hoga varna report nahi hoga. Bob ne dia yah tumne dia it doesn't matter.
I got the amount credited in my account, but no mention in the statement Should I be concerned as my bill if not paid will be reported to CIBIL? any thoughts on this brother?
@ashiquetvr dude just 1 qstn... Your card number is starting with 3

You said yours is bob easy card. Bob easy has only 1 variant & that's visa.

Visa cards always starts with 4. Just for sake of my knowledge i wanna know is your card a visa variant?