• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Easiest way to get an Infinia Metal I've ever heard

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Freind of mine called me today, he is an entrepreneur, has a startup with friends making and installing electric car chargers ,never had a credit card till now ,went upto HDFC bank Lucknow branch few weeks back to open an account with a check of 20 Lakhs and told them only if he gets an Infinia LTF ,first they said we'll give you DCB LTF ,try for Infinia after you open the account but he wouldn't take any of it ,told them either give Infinia or he'll take his business to Axis people (who were offering him Magnus) ,so the HDFC people agreed and he got an Infinia FYF with 55 Lakhs limit

What makes me jealous is that I'm 31 and the best I've got is a Magnus with 5 Lakhs limit ,which is like my 15th card my 8 year credit card journey ,Infinia is something of a dream for me ,can't even get DCB from them ,all I've from HDFC is a measly Millennia with 1.16 Lakhs limit

And this guy is just 27 & this is his first card. 🙄

Thoughts ?

Last edited:

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
The whole reason i posted this was i felt bit jealous and a little bad for myself at the time ,

Also I've heard a lot of other people saying how difficult it is to get your hands on Infinia, Sidharth Bhimani said he got a secured infinia after putting down a 10 lakh fd , cardwalebaba says he'll probably never get it ,my own father has held a DCB with 8 lakh limit for over half a decade but can't seem to break into infina club

Hdfc runs a tight ship with inconsistent rules ,getting upgrades and limit enhancement is quite difficult even with good capital and score

At this point it's probably easier to get Amex Plat Charge then Infinia

sidp

TF Ace
Make of it what you will
There is no reason to defend that you're telling the truth. Some people believe that if they can't do something, no one else can. They are not able to accept that there are so many factors at play. Not just capabilities but also leverage, contacts and just dumb luck.
If you show attitude like 50L is nothing, you have more money to spare cuz holding a cc is so so important to you, Obviously succubus will Suck everything out of you.

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
There is no reason to defend that you're telling the truth. Some people believe that if they can't do something, no one else can. They are not able to accept that there are so many factors at play. Not just capabilities but also leverage, contacts and just dumb luck.
If you show attitude like 50L is nothing, you have more money to spare cuz holding a cc is so so important to you, Obviously succubus will Suck everything out of you.
True ,didn't post this make anyone envy ,just wanted some perspective to make myself feel better

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Freind of mine called me today, he is an entrepreneur, has a startup with friends making and installing electric car chargers ,never had a credit card till now ,went upto HDFC bank Lucknow branch few weeks back to open an account with a check of 20 Lakhs and told them only if he gets an Infinia LTF ,first they said we'll give you DCB LTF ,try for Infinia after you open the account but he wouldn't take any of it ,told them either give Infinia or he'll take his business to Axis people (who were offering him Magnus) ,so the HDFC people agreed and he got an Infinia FYF with 55 Lakhs limit

What makes me jealous is that I'm 31 and the best I've got is a Magnus with 5 Lakhs limit ,which is like my 15th card my 8 year credit card journey ,Infinia is something of a dream for me ,can't even get DCB from them ,all I've from HDFC is a measly Millennia with 1.16 Lakhs limit

And this guy is just 27 & this is his first card. 🙄

Thoughts ?
We may beleive everything in this but with no credit card ever and start up founder, 55 lacs limit is next to impossible until it is a secured card with 60-70 lacs FD.

May be someone missed a dot in 5.5 lacs 😃

sidp

TF Ace
We may beleive everything in this but with no credit card ever and start up founder, 55 lacs limit is next to impossible until it is a secured card with 60-70 lacs FD.

May be someone missed a dot in 5.5 lacs 😃
It is possible if you have good revenue. They issue cc against bank statement and gst returns etc. I think op mentioned somewhere " successful start up with crores in revenue"

Of course here card isn't in firm's name. But they can find a way for a new customer. Harder for old customer though.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
The whole reason i posted this was i felt bit jealous and a little bad for myself at the time ,

Also I've heard a lot of other people saying how difficult it is to get your hands on Infinia, Sidharth Bhimani said he got a secured infinia after putting down a 10 lakh fd , cardwalebaba says he'll probably never get it ,my own father has held a DCB with 8 lakh limit for over half a decade but can't seem to break into infina club

Hdfc runs a tight ship with inconsistent rules ,getting upgrades and limit enhancement is quite difficult even with good capital and score

At this point it's probably easier to get Amex Plat Charge then Infinia
Infinia has to be planned.. not rushed into.. everyone is rushing card after card with 3-6 months in between.. doesn't work... My story i have already shared.. No HDFC relationship.. Only DCB used for 5 yrs.. wrote one email to infinia email id and infinia was approved. Always met annual fee waiver limit of 5 L, avg spends around 10.L p. a on DCB..Escalations, follow ups etc are not required.. if you have a stable case..

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It is possible if you have good revenue. They issue cc against bank statement and gst returns etc. I think op mentioned somewhere " successful start up with crores in revenue"

Of course here card isn't in firm's name. But they can find a way for a new customer. Harder for old customer though.
55 lacs limit is next to impossible for a new to credit card client forget for even a old client. Especially for new to credit client's banks are very cautious.

Does anyone in this forum has a limit of 50 lacs+ on any card?

Last edited:

timva

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
55 lacs limit is next to impossible for a new to credit card client forget for even a old client. Especially for new to credit clients and banks are very cautious.

Someone I know has 50L+ limit on their Sapphiro Card, I really wanna know what folks at ICICI smoke while assigning limits.......

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
55 lacs limit is next to impossible for a new to credit card client forget for even a old client. Especially for new to credit client's banks are very cautious.

I agree. A few years back, I moved substantial business to RBL (several crores in deposits). They put me on their top tier Insignia programme. I was assigned their top area manager as my direct contact. I had no unsecured cards then and only had a couple of secured cards including an RBL one. Both were only about 3 to 4 months old. Thus, sort of new to credit in india. They promised their top tier card, which is Insignia. It was issued to me and my wife (no card or score at that time) without any enquiry or hassle. The top manager just had us sign some application while we sipped coffee in this office. However, the credit limit given to me was 1.5 lakhs and and it was just 50k for my wife. They increased it after 6 months and later again after a year and now we both are at around 8 lakhs but we hardly ever use it. Mostly used it for Priority Pass till I got the Infinia and a couple of times for the free tickets on BMS. Therefore, even though HDFC is bigger than RBL, I doubt they would assign such a high limit to a totally new customer with no credit status.
Having said that, different people have different experiences with banks. Like I have gotten my SBI and Axis cards instantly online without any issues while many people can’t seem to get Axis Airtel and SBI Cashback. In my case, HDFC didn’t like me while I have read about many getting their Milennia without even having any income.

Last edited:

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Infinia has to be planned.. not rushed into.. everyone is rushing card after card with 3-6 months in between.. doesn't work... My story i have already shared.. No HDFC relationship.. Only DCB used for 5 yrs.. wrote one email to infinia email id and infinia was approved. Always met annual fee waiver limit of 5 L, avg spends around 10.L p. a on DCB..Escalations, follow ups etc are not required.. if you have a stable case..
Yes, it is absolutely possible if you do it the way you have done it. However, it takes time and if you get stuck with Moneyback and never get an upgrade, as some of us do, then it becomes very hard. That’s why I got it via a different route. If you have a limit of near 8 lakhs on your existing HDFC card and are spending 10 lakhs on it then it is much easier.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Being self employed, it is harder for me to get many cc which my salaried friend easily get. I was never interested in cc, but when I saw how some clients behave after seeing a premium cc, I decided to enter the game.
I am in the same boat, being self employed or rather, not really employed at all. Could you please explain about your clients behaviour being different? Do you have a better chance of securing a contract if you flash a high end card?

Riya

TF Ace
Exactly.....
Build some relation with the bank atleast...
Give them some time to trust you as well for their top card...
Asking for infinia within an year is almost stupidity

sidp

TF Ace
I am in the same boat, being self employed or rather, not really employed at all. Could you please explain about your clients behaviour being different? Do you have a better chance of securing a contract if you flash a high end card?
Not like that. It's subtle. I've noticed a change in enthusiasm of some people. Or level of respect. Just like how people treat you differently if you drive an expensive car.