• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Ease of opening a BSBDA

I visited all the banks available in my city.
Asking to open a zero balance account (BSBDA). To my surprise except idfc first bank all other banks denied having a zero balance account. Only when I threatened them to give me in writing or I'll have to involve RBI in this then they said yes there is this account but we don't usually open that anymore.
ICICI being the worst they didn't agree to open the account even when I left the branch.
I know the BSBDA account has many restrictions but what banks are doing is wrong. If RBI has given a option then why are banks not forwarding it?

asahi

TF Premier
Bro I know it’s not the answer you want, but please stop from opening the BOB account it’s useless, i’m a victim I opened account in October 2023, from there it’s all nightmare. Debit Card isn’t working for online transactions to this date(yesterday only I complained to ombudsman). No matter how many emails & follow ups bob never cared to solve my problem. BOB world app isn’t taking any new registrations to this date so no mobile banking. & coming to net banking it’s most frustrating. User id will be your customer id which can’t be changed. Bob net banking site is dead slow. Customer care is the worst so far I’ve ever seen. So please restrain from opening an acc. If you still want to open. Stay on the vkyc page, don’t let the phone screen to go off. After a while you may get to speak agent 50-50 chances, it took me more than 5 attempts to successfully complete vkyc because it’s always says agent not available
Please help me with my Vkyc issue in BOB.
I am trying to open BOB bro savings account and facing issues with Vkyc.
Please help.

yobro

TF Select
Nowhere is it mentioned like that. RBI circular talks only about one bsbda per person per bank. There is no reference on having multiple bank bsbda accounts.
When you open BSBD Account they take undertaking from you that you have never open any other babd and will not open any other BSBD Account in future

yobro

TF Select
Is there any bank which provide a simple zero balance account with LTF physical debit card without any initial funding?
Please reply my query.
Don't suggest BSBD Account

RevEng

TF Premier

xfactcc

TF Premier
When you open BSBD Account they take undertaking from you that you have never open any other babd and will not open any other BSBD Account in future
The regulation is that 'you do not have any other account in the bank and any BSBD account in other bank (if you do, you will close it within 30 days)', that is the declaration you have to give when opening this account variant. That is all. Not the other extra stuff.

CHOCOPANDA

TF Premier
I asked almost every popular bank In India to let me open a BSBDA account, but everyone said there’s no such thing called BSBDA in our bank especially HDFC(I asked in different branches & cities) even idfc bank refused to give me a BSBDA account, Only PNB allowed me to convert my regular account to PMJDY acc.
Is bsbda different from pmjdy

doraemon

TF Legend
Kindly justify your answer.., 😃 😃 😃
Bsbda is there before Modi ji came to power

Pmjdy is a new initiative which Modi Ji launched under jan dhan yojana
Here you get pmjdy card

Later bsbda and pmjdy were merged and treated as same

Many banks use zero balance account/no frills word also

Essence is same
U get zero mab account with ltf dc

Extra in pmjdy u get overdraft facility

CHOCOPANDA

TF Premier
Bsbda is there before Modi ji came to power

Pmjdy is a new initiative which Modi Ji launched under jan dhan yojana
Here you get pmjdy card

Later bsbda and pmjdy were merged and treated as same

Many banks use zero balance account/no frills word also

Essence is same
U get zero mab account with ltf dc

Extra in pmjdy u get overdraft facility
Bro I just created virtual dc in sbi yono. But reading threads I got to know that it is not rupay platinum. It is just normal rupay. So shall I block it . As I already hold physical sbi rupay platinum debit Card