• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does cibil gets hit every time if we apply for credit cards within 7-14 days of time ?

avikrish

TF Select
Does cibil gets hit multiple times if we apply multiple credit cards within 7-14 days of time

I heard multiple loan enquiries within certain days is equivalent to 1 credit enquiry, is it applicable to credit card as well ?

Solution
Soft Enquiry will be mostly immediate. Hard Enquiry will take from days to months, so cibil score will not go down immediately if at all.
But some do hard enquiries immediately, so depends on the bank.. For me indusind, Hdfc reflected after 2-3 mths.. Sbi, amex were in the same month
Every hard enquiry get endorsed in your credit report instantly but impact on score will come in day or may be within weeks or even it takes month and If you have CIBIL subscription then you can check the same after login then do refresh your score and you will find the same under enquiry section.(Cibil allow only one refresh in a day)

Soft enquiry data you will not found in your credit report and it will not impact your credit score.

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Does cibil gets hit multiple times if we apply multiple credit cards within 7-14 days of time

I heard multiple loan enquiries within certain days is equivalent to 1 credit enquiry, is it applicable to credit card as well ?
Here duration doesnot matter.Every time you apply for credit cards,Some banks do soft enquires (On later stage they are doing hard enquiries) and Many doing Hard enquiries instantly for accessing your credit worthiness.

Every hard enquiry get endorsed in your Credit report .
So its clear that if you apply number of cards then you will get number of hard enquiries in your report and your cibil goes down accordingly.

Last edited:

vinrey287

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Soft Enquiry will be mostly immediate. Hard Enquiry will take from days to months, so cibil score will not go down immediately if at all.
But some do hard enquiries immediately, so depends on the bank.. For me indusind, Hdfc reflected after 2-3 mths.. Sbi, amex were in the same month

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Every hard enquiry get endorsed in your credit report instantly but impact on score will come in day or may be within weeks or even it takes month and If you have CIBIL subscription then you can check the same after login then do refresh your score and you will find the same under enquiry section.(Cibil allow only one refresh in a day)

Soft enquiry data you will not found in your credit report and it will not impact your credit score.

Solution