• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How much of an impact does a one-time overlimit usage have on your Cibil?

rohansamal

TF Buzz
Planning to use an Overlimit Facility. It will be a one-time use with no subsequent uses envisioned for quite a few years. My biggest question is - will this have a significant CIBIL hit?

Also, how much do banks allow for overlimit? Does it differ by bank/card?

Solution
Planning to use an Overlimit Facility. It will be a one-time use with no subsequent uses envisioned for quite a few years. My biggest question is - will this have a significant CIBIL hit?

Overall no impact on CIBIL if your bank allows to go overlimit and after going overlimit ,if you are paying the thersold of amount to keep utilization below 30% overall before reporting the statement amount to credit agencies by the bank.

Some card issuers needs pre activation of overlimit uses like SBI Card,Axis etc in order to do go overlimit and some other allows based on their algorithm .In both the cases one have to pay the overlimit charges for going overlimit.

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor

Overall no impact on CIBIL if your bank allows to go overlimit and after going overlimit ,if you are paying the thersold of amount to keep utilization below 30% overall before reporting the statement amount to credit agencies by the bank.

Some card issuers needs pre activation of overlimit uses like SBI Card,Axis etc in order to do go overlimit and some other allows based on their algorithm .In both the cases one have to pay the overlimit charges for going overlimit.

Last edited:
Solution

rohansamal

TF Buzz
Overall no impact on CIBIL if your bank allows to go overlimit and after going overlimit ,you are paying the thersold of amount to keep utilization below 30% overall before reporting the statement amount to credit agencies by the bank.

Ah so I should just pay the amount before the bill Generation for lesser or no impact on cibil. Thanks

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Ah so I should just pay the amount before the bill Generation for lesser or no impact on cibil. Thanks
Absolutely 💯.

Here is the link where you came to know when did different card issuers reports the data to CIBIL.

Keep sharing & keep learning.