• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Do banks check with other credit bureaus apart from CIBIL?

pleasegiveltf

TF Select
Long story short - SBI had made a mistake in their reporting to credit bureaus (see this thread), stating that I made a late payment on a loan I took. I've been fighting with them for 6 months and it looks like it'll finally be corrected on the CIBIL report (had to escalate all the way to RBI ombudsman).

My question is: is correcting the CIBIL one enough? I don't want to fight with them for another 6 months to correct in all of the other bureaus if banks don't even check other scores. Is there anything I should prioritize?

pleasegiveltf

TF Select
Yeah, I have asked them to. The branch manager is a pain though and is not very responsive. Like I said - even for CIBIL it took me 6 months and three escalations to higher levels (to the AGM of Local Head Office, GM and then finally to the RBI). They only fixed it at the last escalation (RBI). I'll do this for all bureaus too but just wondering if it's really worth it...

zaid_2913

TF Premier
Long story short - SBI had made a mistake in their reporting to credit bureaus (see this thread), stating that I made a late payment on a loan I took. I've been fighting with them for 6 months and it looks like it'll finally be corrected on the CIBIL report (had to escalate all the way to RBI ombudsman).

My question is: is correcting the CIBIL one enough? I don't want to fight with them for another 6 months to correct in all of the other bureaus if banks don't even check other scores. Is there anything I should prioritize?
They will report to experian, equifax and crif.
I had the same issue, after request they removed late payment from CIBIL, after 6 months i again requested to remove from CRIF & Experian and they did in a week. Now after 17 months i asked to remove from Equifax also and they did immediately😂

Attachments

• IMG_3141.jpeg
    IMG_3141.jpeg
    76.1 KB · Views: 63

Trust Me

TF Ace

Did you ask them to correct it just with CIBIL? Have you already accepted the resolution? If not, insist on their correcting it with all the credit bureaus before you agree to have the case closed. RBI should agree.

pleasegiveltf

TF Select
I had the same issue, after request they removed late payment from CIBIL, after 6 months i again requested to remove from CRIF & Experian and they did in a week. Now after 17 months i asked to remove from Equifax also and they did immediately😂
Wow. Thanks, will follow up with them for others as well. Who are you contacting by the way? The branch manager? My branch manager is being a huge pain, thinking if there's anyways to bypass him.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

Theoritically what happens is:

1) A bank usually tie up with one bureau ( say for example, it ties up with CIBIL)
2) when you apply for any "borrowing product" then the bank checks your complete credit profile from CIBIL, this leaves a hard enquiry on CIBIL.
3) Then what happnes is: the Bank will report all credit activity to all bureaus, like, enquiry, accounts opened, accounts activity, etc..

So that means even if it checks with one bureau, it should provide all the data to all the bureaus...
This is the theory and it generally happens also ..

Last edited:
Is there any app or website where we can check all these 4 credit bureaus. I have 13 years credit history but checked for cibil in all those years :)

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
PaisaBazaar app/site has a credit report section wherein ALL FOUR ratings from the four credit rating agencies are visible - CIBIL, EXPERIAN, EQUIMAX n HIGHMARK.

You can download each of them in .pdf format. Read it carefully n you can raise DISPUTES for rectifying mistakes therein.

I raise such disputes every quarter to see that no incorrect/unrelated entries are there.