• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Demand for RuPay credit cards surpasses Visa & Mastercard on Tier 2, 3, 4 cities

If there is no relation with Govt and RBI, why India Govt takes too much tension every day about NPCI and RuPay.... :p:p Govt wastes lot of money to promote RuPay cards. Why NPCI can not do this work???? Simply sitting and taking salary???? :rolleyes::rolleyes: The day when govt gives up NPCI, I can not tell what will happen to NPCI and RuPay :p:p

simplegarv

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Presently, Visa/MC is not interested to link with UPI.

Visa/MC and UPI both are rival companies. Why Visa/MC allow to link with UPI lose their revenue and profit ?

UPI have their own payment and settlement system.

If Visa/MC will allow to link with UPI then other countries will also see this an opportunity to bypass Visa/MC network. Which is not good for Visa/MC in the long run.
Then VISA / MasterCard has to something otherwise there market share will Wipe Out. Many countries are eager to adopt the UPI network and I hope NPCI will make an impact just like China's UnionPay.

CardCraftsman.

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If there is no relation with Govt and RBI, why India Govt takes too much tension every day about NPCI and RuPay.... :p:p Govt wastes lot of money to promote RuPay cards. Why NPCI can not do this work???? Simply sitting and taking salary???? :rolleyes::rolleyes: The day when govt gives up NPCI, I can not tell what will happen to NPCI and RuPay :p:p
Waiting for a reply from guruji 😆

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Then VISA / MasterCard has to something otherwise there market share will Wipe Out. Many countries are eager to adopt the UPI network and I hope NPCI will make an impact just like China's UnionPay.
VISA / MasterCard already heavily invest in A2A payment system in USA and Europe etc.

Its expected that A2A payment system surpass card payment by 2026 in Europe.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
It was established by RBI, with a purpose of India Govt only. People who have the better knowledge about management, organizations and entities will understand easily.

Guruji will come and type 75 paragraphs, I will have to read at least two days to finish :LOL::LOL:
You have already answered your questions but few important things i need to add.

See, In today's era, Visa/MasterCard/Swift is a modern day East India company.

Visa and MasterCard are not just selling any products. They control our Indian economy, our Indian rupees.

Visa/MasterCard/Swift decide where can we spend our money and where not + Visa/MasterCard only focus on premium to ultra premium customers. What about poor people of Indian, rural area, villages, small banks etc ?

That's why RBI and Indian govt setup NPCI and Indian banks (PSU & Private), foreign banks are the shareholders of NPCI.

Now RBI and Indian govt help NPCI to expand in those areas where Visa/MasterCard is not available + International expansion.

But it does not mean that NPCI is a govt company. The govt is helping NPCI for what it was created for.

Similar case about Visa/mastercard. The Visa/mastercard was created to help US people, digitize America and expand US tech to worldwide.
US govt waste lots of tax payers money to promote visa/mastercard.

When everything is completed. Us govt turn visa/mastercard is a for-profit company in 2008.

Why NPCI can not do this work? The day when govt gives up NPCI, I can not tell what will happen to NPCI and RuPay.

The day when govt gives up NPCI, NPCI will launch Ultra premium cards like Infinia, Atlas, Magnus, Burgundy etc. NPCI dnt take too much time to launch RuPay Card value added services like RuPay AutoPay/recurring payment, Tokenization, RuPay contactless payment through GPay, SamsungPay etc.

NPCI will not care about poor people or small banks, our dream of Digital India will never come true. NPCI will start charging for UPI transaction,
If you dnt know or remember then let me tell you. Before 2020, NPCI charge 0.10% upto Rs1000 for UPI merchant payment and 0.25% on payment above Rs1000 for UPI merchant transaction.

Do you know our 70% Indian population live in villages ? where Visa/mastercard is not available or some small banks issue Visa/mastercard with higher card fees.

Do you know Everyday NPCI launch more than 3 to 4 RuPay cards ? just few weeks ago RBI told - total 1250+ banks issue RuPay cards. Now RuPay card launch 10 years ago and we already know every bank issue Jandhan yojna RuPay card, Kishan RuPay card and Mudra RuPay card. Also some banks launch few other govt scheme RuPay cards too like PunGrain RuPay card for Punjab Government, Gujarat govt launch RuPay card for dairy farmers, Jharkhand govt launch Fisherman RuPay card, Recently Tamil nadu govt launch 'Pudhumai Penn' scheme RuPay cards for financial aid to women graduates etc.

There are 3650 days in 10 years, if we count NPCI launch atleast 3 RuPay cards (Jandhan/Mudra/Kisan card) per bank then 1250 banks = 3750 different types of RuPay cards launch in last 10 years.

Now think about it, How much time does it take from each bank to launch a new card product, prepare it and give go live certification.

Dnt forget, i didn't count RuPay credit cards, classic, platinum and select cards, wallet cards, prepaid cards, gift cards and recently launch RuPay forex prepaid cards.

Just last year NPCI told, NPCI enabled total 1000 banks for e-com RuPay debit card transactions.

You guys need to understand a simple thing, NPCI dnt have must time to launch all fancy cards (i mean premium/ultra premium cards) because govt setup NPCI to help poor people/small banks etc.

And this is why the govt gives taxpayers' money to a private company NPCI (ya NPCI is a private company).

Now one last thing maybe you guys can ask ?

If NPCI is a private company, Why does NPCI listen to the govt ? I mean we live in a democracy, NPCI can also file a case against Indian govt, right ?

Well, No. Because NPCI is a not-for-profit organisation registered under Section 8 of the Companies Act 2013.

Many people dnt understand not-for-profit org means "any private/public/govt company can be non-profit company".

Non-profit company work for public good, welfare, not-for-profit org also work with govt and the govt also give taxpayers' money to help the society and country. And that's why we pay taxes, right ? So, our country will develop.

Oh, by the way, in a non-profit organization, shareholders dnt receive any dividends.

The day when govt gives up NPCI, i mean govt hive off NPCI, not-for-profit org to for-profit org. NPCI will focus only on uppar middle class to ultra premium customers. And this happened because NPCI's shareholders are HDFC, ICICI, SBI, BOB, PNB, Canara, Union Bank, Axis bank, HSBC, Citi Bank etc.
Even if you beg from banks like HDFC, ICICI, SBI, Axis, you will not get Visa/mastercard. Why would they do that ? because those bank not only earn from MDR but they will also indirectly earn from dividends. The more RuPay cards issued, the more profits the shareholders will get.

@noobdipesh

jetmix

TF Buzz
You have already answered your questions but few important things i need to add.

Visa and MasterCard are not just selling any products. They control our Indian economy, our Indian rupees.

Visa/MasterCard/Swift decide where can we spend our money and where not + Visa/MasterCard only focus on premium to ultra premium customers. What about poor people of Indian, rural area, villages, small banks etc ?

That's why RBI and Indian govt setup NPCI and Indian banks (PSU & Private), foreign banks are the shareholders of NPCI.

Now RBI and Indian govt help NPCI to expand in those areas where Visa/MasterCard is not available + International expansion.

But it does not mean that NPCI is a govt company. The govt is helping NPCI for what it was created for.

Similar case about Visa/mastercard. The Visa/mastercard was created to help US people, digitize America and expand US tech to worldwide.

When everything is completed. Us govt turn visa/mastercard is a for-profit company in 2008.

The day when govt gives up NPCI, NPCI will launch Ultra premium cards like Infinia, Atlas, Magnus, Burgundy etc. NPCI dnt take too much time to launch RuPay Card value added services like RuPay AutoPay/recurring payment, Tokenization, RuPay contactless payment through GPay, SamsungPay etc.

NPCI will not care about poor people or small banks, our dream of Digital India will never come true. NPCI will start charging for UPI transaction,
If you dnt know or remember then let me tell you. Before 2020, NPCI charge 0.10% upto Rs1000 for UPI merchant payment and 0.25% on payment above Rs1000 for UPI merchant transaction.

Do you know our 70% Indian population live in villages ? where Visa/mastercard is not available or some small banks issue Visa/mastercard with higher card fees.

Do you know Everyday NPCI launch more than 3 to 4 RuPay cards ? just few weeks ago RBI told - total 1250+ banks issue RuPay cards. Now RuPay card launch 10 years ago and we already know every bank issue Jandhan yojna RuPay card, Kishan RuPay card and Mudra RuPay card. Also some banks launch few other govt scheme RuPay cards too like PunGrain RuPay card for Punjab Government, Gujarat govt launch RuPay card for dairy farmers, Jharkhand govt launch Fisherman RuPay card, Recently Tamil nadu govt launch 'Pudhumai Penn' scheme RuPay cards for financial aid to women graduates etc.

There are 3650 days in 10 years, if we count NPCI launch atleast 3 RuPay cards (Jandhan/Mudra/Kisan card) per bank then 1250 banks = 3750 different types of RuPay cards launch in last 10 years.

Now think about it, How much time does it take from each bank to launch a new card product, prepare it and give go live certification.

Dnt forget, i didn't count RuPay credit cards, classic, platinum and select cards, wallet cards, prepaid cards, gift cards and recently launch RuPay forex prepaid cards.

Just last year NPCI told, NPCI enabled total 1000 banks for e-com RuPay debit card transactions.

You guys need to understand a simple thing, NPCI dnt have must time to launch all fancy cards (i mean premium/ultra premium cards) because govt setup NPCI to help poor people/small banks etc.

And this is why the govt gives taxpayers' money to a private company NPCI (ya NPCI is a private company).

Well, No. Because NPCI is a not-for-profit organisation registered under Section 8 of the Companies Act 2013.

Many people dnt understand not-for-profit org means "any private/public/govt company can be non-profit company".

Non-profit company work for public good, welfare, not-for-profit org also work with govt and the govt also give taxpayers' money to help the society and country. And that's why we pay taxes, right ? So, our country will develop.

Oh, by the way, in a non-profit organization, shareholders dnt receive any dividends.

The day when govt gives up NPCI, i mean govt hive off NPCI, not-for-profit org to for-profit org. NPCI will focus only on uppar middle class to ultra premium customers. And this happened because NPCI's shareholders are HDFC, ICICI, SBI, BOB, PNB, Canara, Union Bank, Axis bank, HSBC, Citi Bank etc.
Even if you beg from banks like HDFC, ICICI, SBI, Axis, you will not get Visa/mastercard. Why would they do that ? because those bank not only earn from MDR but they will also indirectly earn from dividends. The more RuPay cards issued, the more profits the shareholders will get.

@noobdipesh
Saved as Screenshot 👍

@noobdipesh
Again this much huge reply..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :oops: How will I read if you do like this. I think answers for all questions in TF community is available in this post :LOL:

@noobdipesh
This is the time for Govt to stop promoting RuPay cards. Let NPCI do this work and let Govt and RBI start promoting mastercard only :LOL:

Last edited:

shsinha

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Presently, Visa/MC is not interested to link with UPI.

Visa/MC and UPI both are rival companies. Why Visa/MC allow to link with UPI lose their revenue and profit ?

UPI have their own payment and settlement system.

If Visa/MC will allow to link with UPI then other countries will also see this an opportunity to bypass Visa/MC network. Which is not good for Visa/MC in the long run.
UPI and Rupay cards are both from NCPI. So it can be done. Visa/MC cannot do it even if they want.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
This is the time for Govt to stop promoting RuPay cards. Let NPCI do this work and let Govt and RBI start promoting mastercard only :LOL:

RuPay promote karte karte abh ek rupee ka bhi cashback nahi mil raha hai HDFC Tata Neu card ki UPI transactions me :rolleyes:
Phir Humara India develop nahi karega. Only Uppar middle class, Rich logo ko he benefit hoga.

Har chiz ka ek time aata hai. US govt ne 2008 tak Visa/mastercard ko promote kiya, US tak payers k money burn kiya.

Phir jab Visa/mastercard worldwide expand kar gaye. 2008 me US govt ne Visa/mastercard ko for-profit company kar diya.

2016 me first Visa infinite card (Visa ultra premium card) launch hua US me.

RuPay ko abhi bahot durr jana hai.

Phir Humara India develop nahi karega. Only Uppar middle class, Rich logo ko he benefit hoga.

Har chiz ka ek time aata hai. US govt ne 2008 tak Visa/mastercard ko promote kiya, US tak payers k money burn kiya.

Phir jab Visa/mastercard worldwide expand kar gaye. 2008 me US govt ne Visa/mastercard ko for-profit company kar diya.

2016 me first Visa infinite card (Visa ultra premium card) launch hua US me.

RuPay ko abhi bahot durr jana hai.

Screenshot_2023-10-03-13-40-53-43_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

shsinha

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes, now I checked again and found that I received points for UPI transactions, but didn't receive reward points for another transaction of Rs 10k (Dreamplug) 😃😃 So I am confused as total UPI spends also about Rs 10k only
upi neu points is limited to 500 points only per month.

Direct use your Tata Neu RuPay credit card na ? you will get 1.5% neu coins.

Jaha par card accept hai woha par card ka use karo na. Jaruri hai kya hamesa UPI he use krna hai. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Hi, I used it on CRED app for money rotation 😃, authenticated with OTP. I thought HDFC will give reward points as merchant name was Dreamplug. But no reward points