• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB DCB reward points on purchase of currency notes?

yolosingh

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hey everyone!

I'm looking to buy currency notes on bookmyforex. Do you get reward points on DCB for curreny notes purchase? They ask for a 2.5% fee for payment through credit cards. So it's only worth it if I get the RPs.

Any help would be appreciated! Also, if you've tried any other exchange - do share your experience and any possible benefits :)

beingmohit

TF Premier
Hey everyone!

I'm looking to buy currency notes on bookmyforex. Do you get reward points on DCB for curreny notes purchase? They ask for a 2.5% fee for payment through credit cards. So it's only worth it if I get the RPs.

Any help would be appreciated! Also, if you've tried any other exchange - do share your experience and any possible benefits :)
It would depend on bookmyforex's MCC. If feasible, make a small transaction, call the customer care and ask them the MCC. That should answer the question

yolosingh

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
It would depend on bookmyforex's MCC. If feasible, make a small transaction, call the customer care and ask them the MCC. That should answer the question

Have decided to go with thomas cook. Also, I checked for Thomas Cook. It's MCC is 6051. On asking HDFC customer care, they said I should get RPs on it as long as its not a govt MCC. Is there anything else I should check?

Reactions: ARV

bhsiddharth

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Have decided to go with thomas cook. Also, I checked for Thomas Cook. It's MCC is 6051. On asking HDFC customer care, they said I should get RPs on it as long as its not a govt MCC. Is there anything else I should check?
even book my forex mcc is 6051.
I did a transaction with axis atlas - strangely, I got a "Withdraw" message/mail instead of "Spent". So concerned that hopefully they are not considering it as a cash withdrawal.
Have mailed to the customer care for understanding the case.

anilkrsh

TF Premier
I did a transaction with axis atlas - strangely, I got a "Withdraw" message/mail instead of "Spent". So concerned that hopefully they are not considering it as a cash withdrawal.
Axis doesn't give Edge rewards on Magnus and afaik it's the same for all cards.

chasni

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I had something similar but they confirmed on email that it is a technical glitch. You may email again just to confirm. Eventually, my transaction was cancelled by BMF due to unavailability of currency so can't comment on reward points.

jamesdolan

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have received edge rewards and miles on thomas cook forex in past three months. Tip - call thomas cook and ask them for bookmyforex rates they match it but their own website rates are bad in comparison

faltooAdmi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Did you get edge Miles for buying currency from bookmyforex ?

jags123

TF Buzz
You don't get it. I tried this on magnus this year, didn't get any points. Confirmed with axis with a friend working there- this comes under arbitrage and no points.

Also you have to pay more for credit card- recommended to do this using neft instead

bhsiddharth

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I had tried with both DCB as well as Atlas.

Atlas: Did a transaction, got mcc as 6051. Miles received 100 as 100 is the maximum cap for insurance category. Not sure why this transaction was considered as insurance though.
DCB Metal: The transaction was getting failed again and again. Was not going through.

jamesdolan

TF Select
VIP Lounge
These are the points I received on magnus and atlas for transactions made online at thomas cook for currency. I think thomas cook use travel mcc and they charge 1% for credit cards

Attachments

• IMG_8338.jpeg
    IMG_8338.jpeg
    30.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8337.jpeg
    IMG_8337.jpeg
    30.8 KB · Views: 32